Poll: Digital or Disc?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would not buy a digital only console as i perfer disc.
100.00%
5 100.00%
I would buy a digital only console as i perfer digital only.
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIGITAL OR DISC?
Largest save file i've seen for last gen was like 25 mb for skyrim but the game becomes nearly unplayable around 18 mb and fully unplayable at 23md on PS3.
I think it had something to do with a bad memory leak and that the PS3 fallout/elder scrolls games were poorly made ports.

Right now all my save files added together when i back them up on my flash drives equals adout 2.8 GB that includes PS2/PS1 classics. It adds up quickly and on top of that there's also digital games, installs and updates. As of now i have 20 GB out of a 500 GB hardrive left.

A buddy of mine has a PS4 slim with a 1TB hardrive. He owns 1 physical game and has 5 digital witch left him with around 50 or so GB of space but he's bought at least 13 games digitally.

I told him he should try and get some of the games he owns digitally as physical copies to free up space, but he said he likes digital better.
Jason xXx, post: 15027, member: 3 Wrote:Before it was 1.1GB then it grew to 1.4GB.

Crap, a 1.4GBs ? Wow!

Jason xXx, post: 15027, member: 3 Wrote:I never payed attention to the sizes on 360 since games weren't required to be installed but now i do watch it.

I never noticed any games besides Bethedsa titles that gobble up space like that.
Just think if you had limited space left on your hard drive & each save increased, you'd hit a point where you couldn't save anymore.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Loops Mctwist, post: 15031, member: 102 Wrote:Largest save file i've seen for last gen was like 25 mb for skyrim but the game becomes nearly unplayable around 18 mb and fully unplayable at 23md on PS3.
I think it had something to do with a bad memory leak and that the PS3 fallout/elder scrolls games were poorly made ports.

Right now all my save files added together when i back them up on my flash drives equals adout 2.8 GB that includes PS2/PS1 classics. It adds up quickly and on top of that there's also digital games, installs and updates. As of now i have 20 GB out of a 500 GB hardrive left.

A buddy of mine has a PS4 slim with a 1TB hardrive. He owns 1 physical game and has 5 digital witch left him with around 50 or so GB of space but he's bought at least 13 games digitally.

I told him he should try and get some of the games he owns digitally as physical copies to free up space, but he said he likes digital better.
Nah, digital is way more space, compare to physical, think about it, space is used for constant updates and for the game itself and it's rarely digital sales unless u have PSPlus, that goes for your friend, and if it takes about a few games to lower free space down to 50gb, that mean even a 1TB is not enough, gotta delete to get more, i was going though with a 500gb ps4.
When i brought the ps4 seagate game drive, it helped on some real shit, an extra 4TB of Extended Storage, I don't have to delete anything yet..
[Image: XSevenK.png]
[Image: XSevenK.png]
VSW, post: 15042, member: 24 Wrote:Just think if you had limited space left on your hard drive & each save increased, you'd hit a point where you couldn't save anymore.
Then I would delete really old saves I have 258 total saves because it's a Bethesda game and if my current one gets corrupted I can always reload a different one. When I finish playing a Bethesda game i save the 3 saves times.

If that wasn't possible I could always use the old hdd from my first Xbox one and buy a USB 3.0 case, or buy a new 8TB or even buy two 8TB to have a whopping 17TB or storage.
Jason xXx, post: 15049, member: 3 Wrote:Then I would delete really old saves I have 258 total saves because it's a Bethesda game and if my current one gets corrupted I can always reload a different one. When I finish playing a Bethesda game i save the 3 saves times.

If that wasn't possible I could always use the old hdd from my first Xbox one and buy a USB 3.0 case, or buy a new 8TB or even buy two 8TB to have a whopping 17TB or storage.
That's going through alot just for save room, Bethesda should've did something to keep that from happening though.

I always make two saves for any games except Bethesda titles.
I usually make more for them.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 15097, member: 24 Wrote:That's going through alot just for save room, Bethesda should've did something to keep that from happening though.
Meh it's not that bad in my opinion. I have a weird complex if you call it that where if I go below 20% used space on my hdd I delete a game it's not necessary but I have always been that way. Like on my phone and psp of it goes below a certain point I delete stuff.

VSW, post: 15097, member: 24 Wrote:I always make two saves for any games except Bethesda titles.
I usually make more for them.
That may be the case on xbox 360 and ps4 but most games these days don't allow that. They just bunch them all into one save on the Xbox one and ps4.
Jason xXx, post: 15103, member: 3 Wrote:Meh it's not that bad in my opinion. I have a weird complex if you call it that where if I go below 20% used space on my hdd I delete a game it's not necessary but I have always been that way. Like on my phone and psp of it goes below a certain point I delete stuff.

I have the opposite complex.
I have a habit of making saves when it comes to non-game related media.
My PSP is packed with over 40,000 images.

I try & organise everything & delete games installed on the HDD of my PS3.

Jason xXx, post: 15103, member: 3 Wrote:That may be the case on xbox 360 and ps4 but most games these days don't allow that. They just bunch them all into one save on the Xbox one and ps4.

Oh that's BS.
I hate games that do that.
If anything goes wrong then that's hours wasted.

This is why i never believed we owned the digital content we buy.

The manufacturers stopping self repairs i think the apple store was in trouble for that, & awhile back Sony, Nintendo, etc, it was ruled Gamers are now allowed to take consoles to 3rd party repair shops & it wouldn't void the system warranty.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 15148, member: 24 Wrote:My PSP is packed with over 40,000
Holy crap do you have that tool that could move photos to a certain folder called AD HOC file transfer?

Since now's the cloud storage has made significant progress of the last 5 years especially Mega.nz I upload stuff like photos and music before I delete them indefinitely.

VSW, post: 15148, member: 24 Wrote:I try & organise everything & delete games installed on the HDD of my PS3.
What size HDD do you have.

VSW, post: 15148, member: 24 Wrote:Oh that's BS.
I hate games that do that.
If anything goes wrong then that's hours wasted.
That maybe so but in their eyes it's convenient.

VSW, post: 15148, member: 24 Wrote:This is why i never believed we owned the digital content we buy.

Really even a Keurig can do that wow.
I knew apple was a POS company because of a YouTube channel by the name of Louis Rossmann. Talking about Apple's scummy business practices.
Jason xXx, post: 15289, member: 3 Wrote:Holy crap do you have that tool that could move photos to a certain folder called AD HOC file transfer?

That thingy in my PSP Network settings ? Yeah i guess, why?

Jason xXx, post: 15289, member: 3 Wrote:Since now's the cloud storage has made significant progress of the last 5 years especially Mega.nz I upload stuff like photos and music before I delete them indefinitely.

I don't trust cloud storage too much.

Jason xXx, post: 15289, member: 3 Wrote:What size HDD do you have.

It was a 250G but got corrupted so i swapped it out with my HDD from my second PS3 that overheated.
Now it's only 80G

Jason xXx, post: 15289, member: 3 Wrote:That maybe so but in their eyes it's convenient.

It's not for the Gamers.
If that save gets corrupted then that's hrs gone.

Same with copyright saves.
The acquired item content in games like Demon'sSouls & DarkSouls titles, it's a complete pain if anything happens to the saves.
And cloud storage is a required payment just to use.

Because of copyright saves i've never played NG+ on a DarkSouls game.

Jason xXx, post: 15289, member: 3 Wrote:Really even a Keurig can do that wow.
I knew apple was a POS company because of a YouTube channel by the name of Louis Rossmann. Talking about Apple's scummy business practices.

Oh you should watch the apple ripoff video lol.

Going digital benefits the manufacturers alot more.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 15323, member: 24 Wrote:That thingy in my PSP Network settings ? Yeah i guess, why?
No it was a app/tool that allowed you to move create and send anything from one psp to another.

Looked like that.

VSW, post: 15323, member: 24 Wrote:I don't trust cloud storage too much.
I haven't had a problem and it's almost full of pirated movies and music.

VSW, post: 15323, member: 24 Wrote:It was a 250G but got corrupted so i swapped it out with my HDD from my second PS3 that overheated.
Now it's only 80G
Oh that sucks that's understandable having to delete things.

VSW, post: 15323, member: 24 Wrote:It's not for the Gamers.
If that save gets corrupted then that's hrs gone.
Have they ever really listened to their fans feedback.

VSW, post: 15323, member: 24 Wrote:Because of copyright saves i've never played NG+ on a DarkSouls game.
Never head of that being a problem.
Jason xXx, post: 15332, member: 3 Wrote:No it was a app/tool that allowed you to move create and send anything from one psp to another.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=15]
Looked like that.

Oh then no.

Jason xXx, post: 15332, member: 3 Wrote:I haven't had a problem and it's almost full of pirated movies and music.

That's good.
Me i just trust physical storage more.

Jason xXx, post: 15332, member: 3 Wrote:Oh that sucks that's understandable having to delete things.

Yeah it did, i haven't decided to send my second in for repair, the having to delete things isn't a problem cause i have the saves backed up so i just delete the install data when it comes to games.

Other stuff like pictures & music i only keep a few thousand or so pictures on my PS3 & the rest on USB drives & my PSPs.
Same with music as i don't keep any on my PS3.

Jason xXx, post: 15332, member: 3 Wrote:Have they ever really listened to their fans feedback.

Nope, i think the copyright protection is to prevent cheating somehow in PvPs.

Jason xXx, post: 15332, member: 3 Wrote:Never head of that being a problem.

Well Yeah, i play through & really take my time in my 1st play through & then stop for months on end.
Sometimes something happens.
Once i had to format my PS3 for repair & the PS3 i get back i couldn't transfer copyright data.
So that was a restart from square one.

This time was the corrupted HDD & my second PS3 overheated.
And that's another restart from square one.

Things like copyright protection makes second play throughs less appealing to me especially when the game involves alot of grinding.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.