Poll: Digital or Disc?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would not buy a digital only console as i perfer disc.
100.00%
5 100.00%
I would buy a digital only console as i perfer digital only.
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIGITAL OR DISC?
[Image: 5XBITp4.gif]
Digital Media
Or
[Image: JgA4jjk.gif]
Physical Media

I'm kinda wondering where Gamers stand on this.
This is geared more towards Gamers that play mainly on consoles only.

If Sony & Microsoft decided to drop disc for digital gaming only, would you continue being a console gamer & buy the digital only system ?
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
In a way, I'll still buy physical disc, I'll say this, physical cost less these, some can expensive, depends on hope u shop...
I brought Overwatch legendary edition today for $20 black Friday, if I was to brought it off psn I think it would cost a lil more, not to mention digital download cost space, just an example...
Maybe if physical is dead, i'll probably do digital then..
[Image: XSevenK.png]
I don't even have a single digital download for vita, except sly 3,
I'll take Zero Escape Zero Time Dilemma for vita as a example.
A remember buy that for $19.99 at gamestop, on psn it's still $39.99 as a digital download, I don't even know why it's that much still..
i'll always go physical there's just something about having a row of games on my shelf to look at when i'm looking for something to play.well that and not needing to wait for the game to download then update, with a disc i just pop it in and update so i'm playing sooner but there is the risk of the disc being damaged and slightly lower load times.
there are benefits to digital, like faster load times, not limited to disc space or the disc being damaged and no need for making room on a shelf or needing to buy a new one.also obtaining older games is cheaper( $5-$20 digital or $75-$1000 physical) and can't forget steam sales and psn flash sales.
but like anything it has it's downsides such as data becoming corrupted , accidentally deleted or HDD going out meaning you'll have redownload or purchase new HDD(same can be said for when a console stops working), file sizes are increasing making storage a problem on smaller hard drives (even 1TB is not enough any more), the game being outright removed from the online store(PT) making obtaining after an accident or just deleting it to free up space hard or even impossible. that's also the same for if or when the service is shutdown or just don't want to support older games anymore. sony is a good example of this because none of the PS1 or 2 classics you bought on the PS3 can be transferred to the PS4 because it doesn't support PS1 games(only way is if it's remasterd) and only a few PS2 games are supported.
i know there's emulators for PC and phones but when or if the PS3 is no longer supported i can no longer legally download the games i purchased. witch doesn't really bother me that much, my PC is loaded with emulators, but i know it'll bother others who spent alot of money on digital games.
either way i'm happy just be gaming, i still prefer physical media be it games, movies or music, but i buy digital sometimes especially during sales.(i got saints row the third and all it's dlc for $5 during a psn flash sale)
, not .
Loops Mctwist, post: 13878, member: 102 Wrote:i'll always go physical there's just something about having a row of games on my shelf to look at when i'm looking for something to play.well that and not needing to wait for the game to download then update, with a disc i just pop it in and update so i'm playing sooner but there is the risk of the disc being damaged and slightly lower load times.
there are benefits to digital, like faster load times, not limited to disc space or the disc being damaged and no need for making room on a shelf or needing to buy a new one.also obtaining older games is cheaper( $5-$20 digital or $75-$1000 physical) and can't forget steam sales and psn flash sales.
but like anything it has it's downsides such as data becoming corrupted , accidentally deleted or HDD going out meaning you'll have redownload or purchase new HDD(same can be said for when a console stops working), file sizes are increasing making storage a problem on smaller hard drives (even 1TB is not enough any more), the game being outright removed from the online store(PT) making obtaining after an accident or just deleting it to free up space hard or even impossible. that's also the same for if or when the service is shutdown or just don't want to support older games anymore. sony is a good example of this because none of the PS1 or 2 classics you bought on the PS3 can be transferred to the PS4 because it doesn't support PS1 games(only way is if it's remasterd) and only a few PS2 games are supported.
i know there's emulators for PC and phones but when or if the PS3 is no longer supported i can no longer legally download the games i purchased. witch doesn't really bother me that much, my PC is loaded with emulators, but i know it'll bother others who spent alot of money on digital games.
either way i'm happy just be gaming, i still prefer physical media be it games, movies or music, but i buy digital sometimes especially during sales.(i got saints row the third and all it's dlc for $5 during a psn flash sale)
True words bruh, i still perfer physical too, there are rarely sales for digital, i feel it takes up more space, physical is bad enough, as space are a getting a bit higher, not to mention the back to back updates n shit.
I got me one of those seagate game drive for ps4, 4TB of extended storage, comes in handle in a way, for holding more titles on the system...
I am very old school and has a shitload of discs dating back to the ps1 days,
there are some times i wish there was a digital edition to a game i was playing, just because of the
4 disc system such as Legends of Dragoon, for some reason i always lost a disc..so having a digital one would have been very helpful,
and i would spend less time and mental anguish such as where the hell is that third disc was hiding at dammit
Redbear, post: 13886, member: 1 Wrote:I am very old school and has a shitload of discs dating back to the ps1 days,
there are some times i wish there was a digital edition to a game i was playing, just because of the
4 disc system such as Legends of Dragoon, for some reason i always lost a disc..so having a digital one would have been very helpful,
and i would spend less time and mental anguish such as where the hell is that third disc was hiding at dammit

I still have ps2 games disc, ordinary xbox games disc, UMDs for psp, don't play another of them anymore, unless if I wanted to go old school i can play a ps2 game on ps4, but they are only available as digital downloads, and that cost...
In this current generation, i keep up with nothing all my disc(ps3/ps4) and cartridges(vita), I still remember the gameboy, I think I still got my cartridges for that old handheld, good times...
Throughout my years of PlayStation, i don't have that many Digital but here's a few i have..
Sly 1, 2, 3 and thieves in time(vita)
The Legend of Korra(Ps3)
Attack on Titan(Ps3)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3(Ps3)
The House of the Dead 3(PS3)
The House of the Dead 4(PS3)
Infamous(PS3)(that was free)
Physical for me I love buying a game and ripping off the plastic and then the security strip on the side. I like look at the things I have collected whether it's a game I bought or a gift I received.

It's more so better when buying a special edition of a game from a store because it comes with other things that are valuable than just a code or 2, like a collectible steelbook, that itself can be resold with or without the game and in some cases (pun not intended lol or was it) can get more money than the game was released for because people collect steelbooks like I do.

Yes sitting on your couch and being comfortable is nice and all but what happens if you buy a game and played for and don't like it you can't return a code for a refund ( Microsoft was working on something for that a few years ago but nothing came from it).

Say you wanted to buy the most expensive version of a game the are both listed as $100. [Image: red-dead-redemption-2-editions.jpg] I would prefer the $100 ultimate edition than a code (don't mind the collectors box)

Another thing I don't understand why is the digital version the same price as the ultimate edition bought from a store?
Both copies both have the same content but the digital doesn't have the collectible steelbook or the world map but are both the same price.

Here is another conundrum just because you buy a digital copy of a game doesn't really make it yours. At any moment a game that you had could disappear because the rights could be pulled from the store. It has happened to me. About 2 years ago I bought serious Sam 1 & 2 for $4 bucks on a whim then got hooked. Then proceeded to buy serious Sam 3 played it beat it then deleated it. Then a few months ago I turned on my 360 when to my purchases only to find out it wasn't there so I tweeted them and got a response [Image: Screenshot-20181123-094014.png]
Maybe I should habe reworded it to say why can't o redownload it.

Another thing that baffles me is why does Microsoft and sony think everyone has fast internet or has access to internet at all. A lot of people settle for the cheapest package but in doing so gets a data cap some companies offer 10GB to 50GB and some offer 250GB and up to 1TB caps and some don't have them and if you go over the cap you have to pay a extra $10 bucks for every GB you use over the cap. Look at Red Dead Redemption 2 that on the ps4 alone was a massive 105GB install and say you have the bad internet that had a 10 or 50GB cap how are you supposed to download it and play it without going over the cap. That doesn't include the huge patches they are released.

I bet both companies will release a disc drive less console with a small HDD even though the prices have gone down a bit over the years.
[USER=3]@Jason xXx[/USER]
Those are a few of the reasons i wouldn't go all digital.
Digital services have too much control over the content, you buy something & who's to say the service won't remove or censor something in the game with an update that you already paid for.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 13891, member: 24 Wrote:[USER=3]@Jason xXx[/USER]
Those are a few of the reasons i wouldn't go all digital.
Digital services have too much control over the content, you buy something & who's to say the service won't remove or censor something in the game with an update that you already paid for.
Exactly I was just on my 360 and have quite a few missing things I bought just disappear I don't even know what's missing. And they don't even have the decency to inform us/me about removing content that I paid for.

If the do decide to go all digital then I will stop playing console and start to pirate my games on a PC.
Jason xXx, post: 13911, member: 3 Wrote:Exactly I was just on my 360 and have quite a few missing things I bought just disappear I don't even know what's missing. And they don't even have the decency to inform us/me about removing content that I paid for.

If the do decide to go all digital then I will stop playing console and start to pirate my games on a PC.
I would understand why.

You know there's lists of removed games & content from xbox live & i'm sure PSN ?

Forza Horizon 2
"A heads up for the Forza community: Forza Horizon 2 will reach 'end of life' status on September 30. That means that the game and its associated DLC will no longer be available for purchase," Ekberg said.

"After September 30, players who own Forza Horizon 2 will still [be] able to download and play the game and its associated content as normal. However, Forza Horizon 2 and its DLC will no longer be for sale."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-...0-6461247/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-...xbox-store
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 13914, member: 24 Wrote:You know there's lists of removed games & content from xbox live & i'm sure PSN ?
I saw a list somewhere the wasn't a official list provided by Microsoft. And was spot on with games that wasn't available to either download or buy.

But that was a long time ago and most likely won't be able to find it again. And even googling blacklisted Xbox games nothing comes up that helps.

Microsoft could at least have a list and even announce games that are being pulled/blacklisted so people can buy them if they want. But even then they still can remove games from your history without warning which to me is theft.
Jason xXx, post: 13889, member: 3 Wrote:Physical for me I love buying a game and ripping off the plastic and then the security strip on the side. I like look at the things I have collected whether it's a game I bought or a gift I received.

It's more so better when buying a special edition of a game from a store because it comes with other things that are valuable than just a code or 2, like a collectible steelbook, that itself can be resold with or without the game and in some cases (pun not intended lol or was it) can get more money than the game was released for because people collect steelbooks like I do.

Yes sitting on your couch and being comfortable is nice and all but what happens if you buy a game and played for and don't like it you can't return a code for a refund ( Microsoft was working on something for that a few years ago but nothing came from it).

Say you wanted to buy the most expensive version of a game the are both listed as $100. [Image: red-dead-redemption-2-editions.jpg] I would prefer the $100 ultimate edition than a code (don't mind the collectors box)

Another thing I don't understand why is the digital version the same price as the ultimate edition bought from a store?
Both copies both have the same content but the digital doesn't have the collectible steelbook or the world map but are both the same price.

Here is another conundrum just because you buy a digital copy of a game doesn't really make it yours. At any moment a game that you had could disappear because the rights could be pulled from the store. It has happened to me. About 2 years ago I bought serious Sam 1 & 2 for $4 bucks on a whim then got hooked. Then proceeded to buy serious Sam 3 played it beat it then deleated it. Then a few months ago I turned on my 360 when to my purchases only to find out it wasn't there so I tweeted them and got a response [Image: Screenshot-20181123-094014.png]
Maybe I should habe reworded it to say why can't o redownload it.

Another thing that baffles me is why does Microsoft and sony think everyone has fast internet or has access to internet at all. A lot of people settle for the cheapest package but in doing so gets a data cap some companies offer 10GB to 50GB and some offer 250GB and up to 1TB caps and some don't have them and if you go over the cap you have to pay a extra $10 bucks for every GB you use over the cap. Look at Red Dead Redemption 2 that on the ps4 alone was a massive 105GB install and say you have the bad internet that had a 10 or 50GB cap how are you supposed to download it and play it without going over the cap. That doesn't include the huge patches they are released.

I bet both companies will release a disc drive less console with a small HDD even though the prices have gone down a bit over the years.

I actually agree with this, I feel that u get more things buy physical, especially if the game deluxe or ultimate.
When i plan for injustice 2, i pre order the ultimate edition which was $100, which was more worth it, each character was free for me as they were release..

Right now dlc characters for injustice are $6.99, a piece and TMNT is $9.99, digitad can cost quite a bit...
Jason xXx, post: 13922, member: 3 Wrote:I saw a list somewhere the wasn't a official list provided by Microsoft. And was spot on with games that wasn't available to either download or buy.

But that was a long time ago and most likely won't be able to find it again. And even googling blacklisted Xbox games nothing comes up that helps.

Microsoft could at least have a list and even announce games that are being pulled/blacklisted so people can buy them if they want. But even then they still can remove games from your history without warning which to me is theft.

I think it has something to do with licensing.
When a licence for in-game music expires or some lawsuit or whatever happens instead of removing that specific content & doing an update i think Micro & probably Sony, Nintendo, just removes the entire game itself.

I didn't know they could remove them from your download history, that really suck.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Those Content not available are games I paid for but can't redownload them. And I have no way of seeing what games they were.

[Image: 20181124-165437.jpg]
That there is some bullshit,
at least when I buy something from PlayStation Network it still stays there years after I bought it.
Jason xXx, post: 13972, member: 3 Wrote:Those Content not available are games I paid for but can't redownload them. And I have no way of seeing what games they were.

[Image: 20181124-165437.jpg]

Oh that just flat out sucks.
Is the XBOX ONE the same way ?

Redbear, post: 13977, member: 1 Wrote:That there is some bullshit,
at least when I buy something from PlayStation Network it still stays there years after I bought it.

I was looking at a video of the size of the game files, wow.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is 90GBs ?

The game file sizes on the PS4 & XBOX ONE range from 30 to 100 gigabytes or more.
Just think of the hard drive sizes for an all digital console lol.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 13978, member: 24 Wrote:Oh that just flat out sucks.
Is the XBOX ONE the same way ?
No thankfully they did it sorter better this time they list what games you have ready to download and have installed.

On the PS4 I think you go all they day to the left and click library and it shows the games owned.
[Image: 20181125-225556.jpg] it lists installed -11 and ready to install at 56. I keep track of it now.

VSW, post: 13978, member: 24 Wrote:I was looking at a video of the size of the game files, wow.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is 90GBs ?
I think the ps4 is 105GB I don't know about the Xbox one X I didn't get the game yet. That's not counting the patches or the online multiplayer yet.

VSW, post: 13978, member: 24 Wrote:Just think of the hard drive sizes for an all digital console lol.

If they do decide to go all digital then they better damn well make the hard drive easy to remove and swap without needing tools like the Xbox 360 E model.
I have Rdr2 for ps4, I think it's 90 something GB, plus the updates etc will make it even more, I have ultimate edition, so yea it's hella GB...