Poll: Digital or Disc?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would not buy a digital only console as i perfer disc.
100.00%
5 100.00%
I would buy a digital only console as i perfer digital only.
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIGITAL OR DISC?
Jason xXx, post: 14025, member: 3 Wrote:No thankfully they did it sorter better this time they list what games you have ready to download and have installed.

Extend storage was invented for extra space, i have a 4tb game drive that can hold extra games..

On the PS4 I think you go all they day to the left and click library and it shows the games owned.
[Image: 20181125-225556.jpg] it lists installed -11 and ready to install at 56. I keep track of it now.

I think the ps4 is 105GB I don't know about the Xbox one X I didn't get the game yet. That's not counting the patches or the online multiplayer yet.

If they do decide to go all digital then they better damn well make the hard drive easy to remove and swap without needing tools like the Xbox 360 E model.
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Extended storage was made for both ps4 and xbox One, I have a game drive device 4tb of extra space, easy set up too, handle for holding more apps for your system..
Jason xXx, post: 14025, member: 3 Wrote:No thankfully they did it sorter better this time they list what games you have ready to download and have installed.

On the PS4 I think you go all they day to the left and click library and it shows the games owned.
it lists installed -11 and ready to install at 56. I keep track of it now.

That's good X1 did it better but you think it's possible they did the 360 that way just to get Gamers to buy back through the X1 ?

Jason xXx, post: 14025, member: 3 Wrote:I think the ps4 is 105GB I don't know about the Xbox one X I didn't get the game yet. That's not counting the patches or the online multiplayer yet.

Yeah & the file size varies from game to game.

Jason xXx, post: 14025, member: 3 Wrote:If they do decide to go all digital then they better damn well make the hard drive easy to remove and swap without needing tools like the Xbox 360 E model.

I know right.
And digital only consoles would have to start with a huge HDD.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
VSW, post: 14036, member: 24 Wrote:That's good X1 did it better but you think it's possible they did the 360 that way just to get Gamers to buy back through the X1 ?
If that was the case I bet a good portion of the Xbox one gamers that love backwards compatible gaming would be in a uproar having to rebuy something again. As long as you recover/download you 360 profile to the Xbox one all backwards compatible games will show up in ready to install.

VSW, post: 14036, member: 24 Wrote:Yeah & the file size varies from game to game.
Yep I'll gladly stick with my 1080p download of a game than download a larger 4k game.

VSW, post: 14036, member: 24 Wrote:I know right.
And digital only consoles would have to start with a huge HDD.
If it's anything less than a 4TB then that would be a ripoff in my opinion. I have a feeling it might be a 2TB knowing both of these companies. Then they will release a "special brand hdd" just for the diskless console and charge double for it. I could go on Amazon and buy a 1tb hdd for $35 then spend between $5-10 for a case and save about $40-50 because it doesn't have the Xbox or PlayStation brand. The whole notion of having a "special" made hdd is bullsh*t.
Jason xXx, post: 14069, member: 3 Wrote:If that was the case I bet a good portion of the Xbox one gamers that love backwards compatible gaming would be in a uproar having to rebuy something again. As long as you recover/download you 360 profile to the Xbox one all backwards compatible games will show up in ready to install.

But only if you've bought it digitally ?

Jason xXx, post: 14069, member: 3 Wrote:Yep I'll gladly stick with my 1080p download of a game than download a larger 4k game.

OH Bummer, i forgot about 4K.
That is going to be a headache.

Jason xXx, post: 14069, member: 3 Wrote:If it's anything less than a 4TB then that would be a ripoff in my opinion. I have a feeling it might be a 2TB knowing both of these companies. Then they will release a "special brand hdd" just for the diskless console and charge double for it. I could go on Amazon and buy a 1tb hdd for $35 then spend between $5-10 for a case and save about $40-50 because it doesn't have the Xbox or PlayStation brand. The whole notion of having a "special" made hdd is bullsh*t.

I have a feeling the Cloud will be pushed even harder gor consoles then & subscriptions will be as well.

Oh check this out.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14167, member: 24 Wrote:But only if you've bought it digitally ?
Yes, unless they have the disc then they put it in the Xbox one and download it.
VSW, post: 14167, member: 24 Wrote:OH Bummer, i forgot about 4K.
That is going to be a headache.
Right now o believe we habe the option of choosing between the two.

VSW, post: 14167, member: 24 Wrote:I have a feeling the Cloud will be pushed even harder gor consoles then & subscriptions will be as well.
I rather pay a extra $50 for a HDD than relaying solely on a cloud storage. It currently feels as a backup to a HDD. I remember a few years ago my first Xbox one broke I thought I lost all my save data for fallout 4 until I recovered my account and still had my saves thanks to the cloud storage.

VSW, post: 14167, member: 24 Wrote:Oh check this out.
Bethesda really messed up with this game and it's not pretty
These Lawyers Want to Sue Bethesda Over 'Fallout 76' Refunds

And theirs more, Bethesda is being accused of false advertisement with the power armour edition. People were expecting a nice canvas bag but instead got a cheep nylon bag.

[Image: Dt-Gq-RQf-XQAMqjo-X.jpg]
Jason xXx, post: 14171, member: 3 Wrote:Yes, unless they have the disc then they put it in the Xbox one and download it.

Wait, so if you put a 360 disc in the X1, you can download that particular game onto the X1 ?

Jason xXx, post: 14171, member: 3 Wrote:Right now o believe we habe the option of choosing between the two.

That's good but still 4K is going to be a huge file size for whatever games that go 4K only.

Jason xXx, post: 14171, member: 3 Wrote:I rather pay a extra $50 for a HDD than relaying solely on a cloud storage. It currently feels as a backup to a HDD. I remember a few years ago my first Xbox one broke I thought I lost all my save data for fallout 4 until I recovered my account and still had my saves thanks to the cloud storage.

I agree.
I had saves on the PSN cloud storage but i couldn't continue paying for a PSN+ subscription & so any PSN cloud saves are stuck there until i buy a PSN+ subscription again.
See that's the thing i don't like, having to pay for a subscription again to access your cloud saves.

Jason xXx, post: 14171, member: 3 Wrote:Bethesda really messed up with this game and it's not pretty
These Lawyers Want to Sue Bethesda Over 'Fallout 76' Refunds

And theirs more, Bethesda is being accused of false advertisement with the power armour edition. People were expecting a nice canvas bag but instead got a cheep nylon bag.

[Image: Dt-Gq-RQf-XQAMqjo-X.jpg]

Well it sucks for Bethesda, i'm betting policies will change soon.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14210, member: 24 Wrote:Wait, so if you put a 360 disc in the X1, you can download that particular game onto the X1 ?
Yes but the disc still has to be in the Xbox one to play, 360 games aren't that big the largest is battlefield 3 with a 11GB install. Without the DLC.

VSW, post: 14210, member: 24 Wrote:That's good but still 4K is going to be a huge file size for whatever games that go 4K only.
For the time being it's a option for 4K players. I am not going out to by a 4K TV for games when my current tv still works.

I remember bringing my Xbox one to my friends house and getting a option to download a 4K update for Doom. Its cool that the tv and Xbox can tell you if the tv is 4K or not.
VSW, post: 14210, member: 24 Wrote:I agree.
I had saves on the PSN cloud storage but i couldn't continue paying for a PSN+ subscription & so any PSN cloud saves are stuck there until i buy a PSN+ subscription again.
Cloud storage should be free up to 1GB or even 500MB or something like that. Even without having to pay for a subscription service just to get your saves back.

VSW, post: 14210, member: 24 Wrote:Well it sucks for Bethesda, i'm betting policies will change soon.

It's only getting worse for Bethesda another article was released today saying the Canvas bags were made but only given out to influencers for free.
Jason xXx, post: 14227, member: 3 Wrote:Yes but the disc still has to be in the Xbox one to play, 360 games aren't that big the largest is battlefield 3 with a 11GB install. Without the DLC.

Then what's the point of downloading it ?

Jason xXx, post: 14227, member: 3 Wrote:For the time being it's a option for 4K players. I am not going out to by a 4K TV for games when my current tv still works.

I remember bringing my Xbox one to my friends house and getting a option to download a 4K update for Doom. Its cool that the tv and Xbox can tell you if the tv is 4K or not.

Yeah that seems cool.

Jason xXx, post: 14227, member: 3 Wrote:Cloud storage should be free up to 1GB or even 500MB or something like that. Even without having to pay for a subscription service just to get your saves back.

Agreed.
There was also some backup retrial limit too i think.

Jason xXx, post: 14227, member: 3 Wrote:It's only getting worse for Bethesda another article was released today saying the Canvas bags were made but only given out to influencers for free.

See that's why Game reviews aren't trusted.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14232, member: 24 Wrote:Then what's the point of downloading it ?
That's what I want to know. If it was just a install from the disc then I would be fine with that but no it's a download from the Xbox store that wastes bandwidth. So if I want to play a Xbox 360 game and habe the disc then I'll play it on my 360.

VSW, post: 14232, member: 24 Wrote:There was also some backup retrial limit too i think.
Really, still it wouldn't kill them to give everyone free storage even if it's limited.

Hopefully the cloud storage won't be require it's on subscription service to use.

VSW, post: 14232, member: 24 Wrote:See that's why Game reviews aren't trusted.
I never trust them a good portion of them have received so stuff for a game.

To make up for the F76 blunder they offered 500 atoms or $5 worth of in game currency and boy oh boy the messed up again.

I believe they did this with skyrim as well they promised and was promoting a nice cloth map of the world if skyrim but gave us a paper substitute.
Jason xXx, post: 14234, member: 3 Wrote:That's what I want to know. If it was just a install from the disc then I would be fine with that but no it's a download from the Xbox store that wastes bandwidth. So if I want to play a Xbox 360 game and habe the disc then I'll play it on my 360.

I know right.
I guess it's for those that trade in or dump their 360.

Jason xXx, post: 14234, member: 3 Wrote:Really, still it wouldn't kill them to give everyone free storage even if it's limited.

Hopefully the cloud storage won't be require it's on subscription service to use.

Well kinda.
Try using it without a PSN+ or XBLive Gold subscription.

Jason xXx, post: 14234, member: 3 Wrote:I never trust them a good portion of them have received so stuff for a game.

Yeah i'm betting the majority has especially when reviews nearly parrot each other & they refuse to ditch the ranking score.
They won't cause they know they'll have to be honest & not just phone in a BS ranking score.

Jason xXx, post: 14234, member: 3 Wrote:To make up for the F76 blunder they offered 500 atoms or $5 worth of in game currency and boy oh boy the messed up again.

I believe they did this with skyrim as well they promised and was promoting a nice cloth map of the world if skyrim but gave us a paper substitute.

This is what happens when Gamers start being so accepting of gaming bugs.
Bethesda games has always been really buggy & Gamers kept brushing it off, from The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind to every othe Elder Scrolls & FallOut title.

PC to consoles Gamers didn't blink, freaking review scores had Bethesda games at 8 & up, the bugs weren't a negative.
Well i'm like Gamers should've spoken up long ago over the bugs.
That's why i stopped buying any Bethesda games after FallOut New Vegas. I was done with buying any Bethesda games newly released especially when Game Of The Year versions pop up 6months later.

I still want Skyrim but i waiting on a super cheap copy.

And there's also this that impacts digitally only gaming.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14291, member: 24 Wrote:Try using it without a PSN+ or XBLive Gold subscription.
Thinking about it I am confused with my first 360 i never had gold but for some reason I still was able to recover my account and my save data on a new Xbox one and HDD.

VSW, post: 14291, member: 24 Wrote:They won't cause they know they'll have to be honest & not just phone in a BS ranking score.
If I had to trust anyone's review of a certain game I would turn to online forums and such atleast there I would be able to talk with people that actually played and a can make a good judgment on a game.

VSW, post: 14291, member: 24 Wrote:This is what happens when Gamers start being so accepting of gaming bugs.
Bethesda games has always been really buggy & Gamers kept brushing it off, from The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind to every othe Elder Scrolls & FallOut title.
Not all bugs are bad some can be fun in my opinion.

I played F76 a day or 2 ago and not even after 25min into the game i was stuck inside of a terminal and couldn't do anything. So after 5min of fighting with it I started a new game just to get stuck in the same terminal. So I uninstalled it and gave it back to my friend.

VSW, post: 14291, member: 24 Wrote:Well i'm like Gamers should've spoken up long ago over the bugs.
Some people are more accepting of the bugs and such than others but F76 was a cluster Fu*k of a mess. Thankfully people finally realised it and hopefully with all the backlash Bethesda will change.
Jason xXx, post: 14329, member: 3 Wrote:Thinking about it I am confused with my first 360 i never had gold but for some reason I still was able to recover my account and my save data on a new Xbox one and HDD.
It's probably free for that reason only.

Jason xXx, post: 14329, member: 3 Wrote:If I had to trust anyone's review of a certain game I would turn to online forums and such atleast there I would be able to talk with people that actually played and a can make a good judgment on a game.

I go Jim Sterling.

Jason xXx, post: 14329, member: 3 Wrote:Not all bugs are bad some can be fun in my opinion.

I played F76 a day or 2 ago and not even after 25min into the game i was stuck inside of a terminal and couldn't do anything. So after 5min of fighting with it I started a new game just to get stuck in the same terminal. So I uninstalled it and gave it back to my friend.

I don't care for bugs in Bethesda games.

Jason xXx, post: 14329, member: 3 Wrote:Some people are more accepting of the bugs and such than others but F76 was a cluster Fu*k of a mess. Thankfully people finally realised it and hopefully with all the backlash Bethesda will change.

Yeah but they really shouldn't be & expect everyone to have the same view on bugs.
Bugs should knock down a score.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14425, member: 24 Wrote:It's probably free for that reason only.
Damn auto correct I ment Xbox one and not 360 sorry.

VSW, post: 14425, member: 24 Wrote:I go Jim Sterling
The famous freeze the screen bug that's a famous one in a lot of Bethesda open world games. But that one in F76 takes the cake. Might be the longest one iv seen usually it lasts for seconds.

VSW, post: 14425, member: 24 Wrote:Bugs should knock down a score.
Not unless the author is being paid for a good review.

Bethesda made another mistake
Bethesda Support Leaks Fallout 76 Customer Names, Addresses & Phone Numbers
Jason xXx, post: 14426, member: 3 Wrote:Damn auto correct I ment Xbox one and not 360 sorry.

Ah okay.

Jason xXx, post: 14426, member: 3 Wrote:The famous freeze the screen bug that's a famous one in a lot of Bethesda open world games. But that one in F76 takes the cake. Might be the longest one iv seen usually it lasts for seconds.

Wow.
What about the file size, do save files still increase each save ?

Jason xXx, post: 14426, member: 3 Wrote:Not unless the author is being paid for a good review.

Bethesda made another mistake
Bethesda Support Leaks Fallout 76 Customer Names, Addresses & Phone Numbers

1. Yeah true, or other incentives.
2. The awesome world of digital.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14451, member: 24 Wrote:What about the file size, do save files still increase each save ?
It's hard to say because they lump all saves into one massive save. And I have multiple saves just in case one becomes corrupted. And I not sure if the mods affect the size of the main game saves. When I look under saves and DLC I see A small 1KB save which could be the settings I changed then a 1.1GB save that could be both normal saves and then a modded saves, then a reserved save I don't know what that is.
Jason xXx, post: 14452, member: 3 Wrote:It's hard to say because they lump all saves into one massive save. And I have multiple saves just in case one becomes corrupted. And I not sure if the mods affect the size of the main game saves. When I look under saves and DLC I see A small 1KB save which could be the settings I changed then a 1.1GB save that could be both normal saves and then a modded saves, then a reserved save I don't know what that is.

I ask because i remember Bethesda games like the FallOuts & Elder Scrolls titles on PS3, 360, would without no downloadable content added increase with each save. I was wondering is that still an issue.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14553, member: 24 Wrote:I ask because i remember Bethesda games like the FallOuts & Elder Scrolls titles on PS3, 360, would without no downloadable content added increase with each save. I was wondering is that still an issue.
So over the past few days I played fallout 4 without mods and DLC. I ran around the map grabbing every thing I could and the save did grow by a few mb.
Jason xXx, post: 14673, member: 3 Wrote:So over the past few days I played fallout 4 without mods and DLC. I ran around the map grabbing every thing I could and the save did grow by a few mb.
Hmmm, well it is a large game but wow i'd notice that when i played FallOut 3, New Vegas, & Oblivion.

What was the save file size for your 1st save compared to now ?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14691, member: 24 Wrote:What was the save file size for your 1st save compared to now ?
Before it was 1.1GB then it grew to 1.4GB.

VSW, post: 14691, member: 24 Wrote:well it is a large game but wow i'd notice that when i played FallOut 3, New Vegas, & Oblivion.
I never payed attention to the sizes on 360 since games weren't required to be installed but now i do watch it.