Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYSTATION 5
I read like $470 or even $599, I wouldn't rush for it...
Sony only one exclusive game for ps5, the system has backward compatibility, while there are still releases for PS4, Sony won't put the plug just yet..
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Turns are Sony may have to spend more money than what they think towards ps5, for graphics, storage performances..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ccn.com...that-much/
[Image: rlkkV0V.png]

[Image: 3b8ZR3q.gif]
PS5's Price Could Be Undercut by Xbox Series X, Analysts Suggest

Speaking as part of a live episode of Geoff Keighley's Bonus Round this week, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter suggested that Microsoft may undercut the price of the PlayStation 5 this holiday. According to the industry analyst, he thinks Sony will charge $500 for its next-gen console, giving its Redmond competitor the opportunity to take a big loss – and charge consumers less for the Xbox Series X.

“Microsoft has a big balance sheet,” he pointed out. “If they want to cut the price by $100 and subsidise the first 10 million, they will. So, I think they’re waiting to have Sony blink first, and then they’ll reveal the price and launch date. It’s going to be Holiday 2020, so very likely in November and very likely $400.”

Peter Moore, who’s a former Xbox and EA executive but the current boss of Liverpool FC, agreed: “Both companies are considering how much we can afford to lose in the first 12 to 18 months, [and how that is offset by] software attach rate and services revenue. From the perspective of each company, Microsoft right now… the stock price and market cap is flying for them. Does [boss] Satya Nadella say, ‘This is our opportunity’? Let’s dare Sony to come in at $500.”

With its Game Pass service, there’s a good chance that Xbox will already have a big plus over PlayStation, as all of the system’s first-party launch titles – including the upcoming Halo: Infinite – will be available as part of its subscription. It also technically has the more powerful hardware in terms of teraflops, although there are advantages to the PS5 in other areas, such as the speed of its SSD.

Nevertheless, this could prove a real headache for Sony – especially if rumours of a cheaper, alternative Xbox Series X model also turn out to be true. The Japanese giant has insinuated that it’s undecided on the PS5’s price right now, although reports have indicated that it’s an expensive platform to manufacture. It’ll be interesting to see how things shake out this holiday.

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: dwWKP0I.png]

[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.

PS5 Unreal Engine 5 Gameplay Demo is Playable

The PS5 gameplay demo developed using Unreal Engine 5 is playable, confirms Epic Games, after revealing the video at Summer Game Fest.

Epic Games confirms that its new Unreal Engine 5 demo is playable. Earlier today, Epic revealed the first Unreal Engine 5 demo of PS5 gameplay, showing fans and developers what could be possible with its new game development technology.

Speaking to Summer Game Fest creator Geoff Keighley after the Unreal Engine 5 reveal, Epic Games chief technology officer Kim Libreri said that it is a "fully playable demo." The team recorded it by putting it on a PS5 devkit and exporting it using a HDMI cable. Libreri also teased that the gameplay demo is "different every time you play it."

However, it seems unlikely that Epic Games will be developing the tech demo as a full game or that fans, who won't have access to a PS5 devkit, will be able to play it on PS5. Officially, the only Epic Games developed-title that will be coming to Unreal Engine 5 is Fortnite, which will be moved over to the technology in 2021.

Epic has also confirmed that Fortnite will be a PS5 and Xbox Series X launch title, making the multiplayer hit Epic's only announced game for next-generation consoles. The company did release its Unreal Engine 4 demo, Infiltrator, after showing it at GDC 2013 but this is only available from the Epic Games Launcher on PC.

It could also be a while until gamers get to enjoy PS5 and Xbox Series X games that have been developed on Unreal Engine 5. Games like Godfall, which is a confirmed PS5 launch title, is being developed on Unreal Engine 4. Epic Games has also said that Unreal Engine 5 will not be available to preview until early 2021 before it is released in full later in the year. Any larger games which could really use the Unreal Engine 5's tools may take a while to develop and are not expected to be available for some time.

This doesn't mean that next-gen games developed on other game engines won't look incredible, though, and Microsoft has given fans a glimpse of what to expect in the Xbox Series X gameplay reveal. Games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla were criticized for not showing true gameplay, heads-up display and all, during the event but their trailers did feature real-time, in-engine scenes. This suggests that while Unreal Engine 5-developed games are a long time away from being ready, the specs of the two next-gen consoles means that great graphics will be possible from launch.

Epic Games CEO Says PlayStation 5 SSD is 'Far Ahead' High-End PCs

Following the Unreal Engine 5 presentation during Geoff Keighley's Summer Games Fest, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney discusses the power of the PS5 SSD.

With E3 2020 no longer happening due to the current global pandemic, Geoff Keighley came to the rescue and announced his own Summer Game Fest event which would run over the course of the Summer months and deliver news, game reveals, and new gameplay. His first show kicked off earlier today by revealing the impressive first look at Unreal Engine 5 through a PS5 tech demo with a few members of Epic Games. Following the stunning reveal,a bit more information surrounding the technology came to light.

In a followup interview after the Lumen in the Land of Nanite tech demo, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney discussed how the engineers were able to get the UE5 engine to perform at this sort of level on the PlayStation 5 hardware. Sweeney's response highlighted the console's customized solid-state drive, which could be a game changers for developers within the next console generation.

tim sweeney epic games

The device itself was revealed earlier in March during Mark Cerny's GDC Deep Dive presentation into the hardware and specs of the PlayStation 5. During that presentation, Cerny confirmed that the SSD targets storage bandwidth at least 5GB per second, an incredible jump from the PlayStation 4 hard drive which is only able to do 50-100 megabytes per second. For the Epic Games demo, this enables them to not just utilize more polygons and memory, but to also load a large amount of polygons in every frame as players walk around. That level of detail just isn't possible without the customized SSD.

epic games unreal engine 5 ps5 demo
Sweeney was so impressed by the SSD architecture that he even admitted that the PS5 storage architecture is far ahead of the current best SSD solutions available today on a personal computer. Naturally, this advancement will also likely push the high-end PC market in the next couple of years as well.

"The PS5 puts a vast amount of flash memory very, very close to the processor. So much that it really fundamentally changes the trade-offs that games can make and stream in. And that’s absolutely critical to this kind of demo."

For all the talk about the PlayStation 5, naturally the conversation veered towards Microsoft's Xbox Series X. However, Sweeney wouldn't comment about any potential performance differences between the two consoles, only confirming that the features shown today are going to work on all next-generation consoles.

Hardware specs for both the PS5 and Xbox Series X have been highly compared and contrasted by the community. In fact, Microsoft's own Phil Spencer admitted after Mark Cerny's presentation that he feels good about the choices his team made for their platform. Both consoles have their advantages and disadvantages, but figuring out which console will be stronger likely won't be obvious on day 1. Much of that also lies in games and which really take advantage of the new technologies in both platforms, an area where Microsoft has been looking to improve in especially when compared to Sony's big first party studios.

The PS5 and the Xbox Series X release holiday 2020.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

PS5 Console Design Finally Revealed
Sony shocked the world at the end of its PlayStation 5 game reveal event by showing off the design of its next-generation console.

Sony was only expected to show off PlayStation 5 games at the PS5 game reveal event. However, it shocked the world by unveiling the PS5 console design as well. At the very end of its PS5 game reveal presentation, Sony revealed a striking, unique design for the PS5 sitting next to the DualSense controller.

Unfortunately, a PS5 price point is still unavailable at the time of this writing. It's also unclear exactly when the PlayStation 5 console will launch beyond the holiday 2020 release window. However, since most fans weren't even expecting to see the console at all, it's safe to say that many fans are still satisfied with the presentation. It's probable that the PS5 price and other information will be announced at a later date this summer.

Sony is one of the Summer Game Fest partners, so perhaps the PS5 price and release date will be announced at one of those events. It wouldn't even be out of the question for such an announcement to take place at Gamescom in August, though one has to imagine that Sony would want to open up PS5 pre-orders sooner than that.

So far, Sony has remained confident that the ongoing coronavirus pandemic won't impact the PS5 release date, but that remains to be seen. In the meantime, fans waiting for release date information can tide themselves over by checking out the new console's design and some of the games that will be available for it later in 2020 and beyond.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

PS5 Preorder Fiasco: Internet Reacts, Microsoft Responds To All The Issues
Pre-orders started today for the PS5, and things did not go so well.

It's been a very big day for the PlayStation 5, as we finally know the price, release date, and launch lineup for Sony's next-generation console. While people are excited by Sony's various announcements, the situation surrounding pre-orders has been something of a fiasco.

Sony confirmed the PS5 launch date and price during its reveal event, but a bigger surprise was that pre-orders were available ... immediately. This led to a global race to secure the PS5 before retailers ran out of stock--and they did. It's not a surprise that the system was a hot commodity but the issue for many was that Sony gave no warning about pre-orders.

Now Playing: Fortnite PS5 Reveal Trailer | PS5 Showcase

Actually, they did, but the message was not consistent. Worldwide marketing boss Eric Lempel said back in July (via IGN) that Sony would be forthcoming and transparent about the pre-order details for the PS5 so people could plan and prepare. But that didn't happen. Here's Lempel in July: "I think it's safe to say...we'll let you know when preorder will happen. It's not going to happen with a minute's notice. We're going to at some point let you know when you can preorder PlayStation 5," he told Geoff Keighley. So, please, don't feel like you have to go run out and line up anywhere until you receive official notice on how that will work."

That plan seemingly went out the window, as various retailers around the world began accepting pre-orders immediately after the event. With no advance notice given to consumers, many were locked out of securing a console.

Shannon Grixti, a writer for the Australian website Press-Start, reported that local retailer EB Games had 75,000 PS5 units for pre-order at launch, and they sold out in about an hour. The retailer's entire 2020 allocation has been sold through, Grixti said.

Also frustrating some people is that Sony opened up a PS5 website in August where users could put their email address down to be one of the first to pre-order a PS5. However, these pre-orders don't start until Friday, and there is no guarantee that you will be chosen.

People expressed their disappointment on Twitter, and Microsoft jumped on board to throw some shade at Sony, too. Microsoft told people weeks ago that Xbox Series X/S pre-orders would begin on September 22, and all that's left to announce is the precise time. That information will be announced "soon," Microsoft said in its social media post.

Microsoft's tweet also points out that the Xbox Series X/S will have a "worldwide" launch across 36 countries on November 10. For comparison, the PS5 will launch on November 12 in seven markets: the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. A week later, starting on November 19, Sony will launch the PS5 in Europe, the Middle East, South America, Asia, and South Africa.

Whether or not the blame is on Sony or retailers for the PS5 pre-order problems doesn't really matter--the end result is that a lot of people who wanted to pre-order the PS5 were not able to, or had a bad experience doing so, and that's a bummer.

There were plenty of reports about people successfully ordering a PS5 but then getting stuck on the checkout page. Others reported that their banks contacted them to ask about fraudulent banking activity due to the suspicious-looking credit card activity. None of this is what you might call a positive consumer experience. It's also worth noting that Microsoft may well run into similar issues when Xbox Series X/S pre-orders open, but the company has at least advised people on when pre-orders will begin so they can prepare.

Star Wars: Rogue One writer Gary Whitta reacted to the PS5 pre-order situation on social media, writing, "No matter what, I think we can all agree that today's pre-order rollout was handled terribly. An absolute sh** show."

For more on PS5 pre-orders, check out GameSpot's PS5 pre-order guide to help you find a console at retailers around the world.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Them assholes..
still i wanna buy a PS5 but this doesn't look promising.
Redbear, post: 38267, member: 1 Wrote:Them assholes..
still i wanna buy a PS5 but this doesn't look promising.
No it doesn't look good.
And it's not PS3, PS2, PS1, backwards compatible either.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Run out fast is hell, can play PS4 games only with games for ps5 itself of course, $500 for the console, digital ver $400, don't like white much.
$70 for a controller, games like NBA 2K21 and Cold of War Black Ops Cold War will be price $69.99 for ps5.

I'm against engaging myself for a the ps5, not rushing.
Certain ps5 games were announced a PS4 release as well, I feel that console still have some support...
Kwa, post: 38434, member: 6 Wrote:Run out fast is hell, can play PS4 games only with games for ps5 itself of course, $500 for the console, digital ver $400, don't like white much.
$70 for a controller, games like NBA 2K21 and Cold of War Black Ops Cold War will be price $69.99 for ps5.

I'm against engaging myself for a the ps5, not rushing.
Certain ps5 games were announced a PS4 release as well, I feel that console still have some support...
Im getting the ps5 digital edition I never bought a disc for my ps4 and my ps3 super sim is jailbroken so it will be a nice adition for my PlayStation collection

No rush of course it still a fresh console I might wait for a next revision just incase the ps5 launch edition comes with problems.
I honestly may have the money, but I ain't fighting, I already figure that reserves will sell out everywhere, including online market. I know what might happen, limited edition and colors..lol.
I'm currently paying off some PS4 titles.

At first, ps5 release only, but now, titles as in
Horizon Forbidden West
Spider Man Miles Morales
Are receiving PS4 versions, I'm hyped.
That console ain't done yet...
Im really hyped for GOD 2, FFXVI AND RATCHET, not a fan of COD, horizon or 2k but they look good as for Miles Morales the game does look dope had a chance to play the original and complete it on its hardest and it was pretty good.

I would dare say the PS5 wont be fully available until the start of 2021 or maybe more, people be gettin them checks and be gaming in home hella lot.
Oh yea, they still gotta pay them bills though..lol.
I still haven't finished Spider Man 2018, i'll admit that I'm backed up, PS4-Vita, own some of the best past release..
Not everybody gotta get ps5, ones pre orders are back, people gonna be Grinding...
And here are the near final specs.    
I'd buy the physical PS5 if I had cash lol.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.