Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYSTATION 5
[Image: rlkkV0V.png]

[Image: QpqAoF0.jpg]
Rumor: PS5 Backward Compatibility May Include PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 Games

One of the most requested features that fans desperately want the PlayStation 5 to have is full backward compatibility with all PS4 games. Following the recent announcement of the PS5's name and planned release window, Sony stated that it is still confirming if and how backward compatibility will work on PlayStation 5. However, a new rumor suggests that the problem has not only been solved, but the scope of PS5's backward compatibility has been expanded.

Microsoft made a huge impact this generation by offering backward compatibility for Xbox 360 games as well as games from the original Xbox console. Now, if the latest rumor is to be believed, Sony is planning to take a similar approach, allowing for backward compatibility with PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 games on the PS5.

In part, this rumor has emerged from a tweet made by Twitter user PSErebus at the end of September, which recommended that players don't dispose of, sell, or trade-in any of their games from any of Sony's PlayStation consoles, including PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4. Some have taken this as a comment about PS5's backward compatibility, and while it certainly should be approached with skepticism, it's worth noting that PSErebus has a history of leaking PlayStation-related information, having recently revealed The Last of Us Part 2 release date.

All of this said, if the PS5 ultimately does support this level of backward compatibility, how it will work still remains unclear. Will players be able to use their original discs like they can with the Xbox One? Will they play their old games digitally via direct-purchase or through PS Now? One thing is certain: players will receive more information on backward compatibility before the PS5 release date arrives.

PlayStation 5 is expected to release during the 2020 holiday season.

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: dwWKP0I.png]

[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
I wouldn't even get rid of my PS4 cuz of this, no rush for me fighting though a mob..
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Right about fuckin time too, I would go out and buy a PS5 with a brand new credit card just to do the backwards compatibility,
I have so many ps1 and ps2 cd/dvd's that its insane, and I never get to play them because I am so intuned with the ps3 games i play,

I think this would be an awesome feature and very long overdue from Sony.
Redbear, post: 26251, member: 1 Wrote:Right about fuckin time too, I would go out and buy a PS5 with a brand new credit card just to do the backwards compatibility,
I have so many ps1 and ps2 cd/dvd's that its insane, and I never get to play them because I am so intuned with the ps3 games i play,

I think this would be an awesome feature and very long overdue from Sony.
I know right.
Dude i haven't gotten a PS4, backwards compatibility would give incentive for buying a PS5 & PS4 games i've never had, & i know i wouldn't buy them digitally because that's a waste of money for me buying digital games i really don't own.

And why waste money buying digital PS4 games instead of buying physical PS5.
Also i'd save on HDD storage space too.

But really I haven't bought a PS4 & this allows me to continue looking at buying PS4 games & not look passed them.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Digital takes up too much, I always like going for physical, I too have ps2 games that I have had for years, still works...

[Image: m8I1vRS.png]
[Image: nrIxqA4.png]
[SIZE=26px]Sony Reveals DualSense PlayStation 5 Controller and Features
Sony officially debuts the PlayStation 5 controller, which it is calling DualSense, and confirms some of the device's features.[/SIZE]

In a surprise announcement, Sony has revealed the PlayStation 5 controller, which it is calling DualSense. The design of the DualSense PS5 controller shares a lot in common with past PlayStation DualShock controllers, while also pushing the technology forward.

First and foremost, PS fans will notice that the DualSense sports a two-toned color scheme. Traditionally, Sony has opted for a straightforward, all-black launch controller, but the DualSense is a lot more striking. Whether or not this two-toned, white with black accents color scheme is also a hint at the design of the actual PS5 console is unclear but it would be surprising not to see the two match. Perhaps Sony felt that with Microsoft going to an all-black console yet again, this would be the opportunity to help the PS5 design stand out with a more striking design.

The confirmed features for the DualSense include haptic feedback and force triggers, which will give games a little more realistic feel than the standard rumble. These features have been standard in other controllers for a while, so it was expected that Sony would follow suit for its PS5 offering.

Sony has also transformed the Share button into the Create button, which suggests that the Ps5 will have a lot more options when it comes to sharing clips and screenshots. Unfortunately, all the company has to offer right now is the name for the button and not any new features to accompany it.

Other key changes/additions for the PS5 DualSense controller include a built-in microphone so that players can communicate in party and game chat without an additional accessory. We don't know enough about the microphone to make any judgments, but a microphone built into the controller might not offer the feedback-less audio experience that other party members expect. Most PS4 owners know how crackly the standard DualShock 4 microphone is, so hopefully, this is better.

The DualSense also shifts the light bars to the top of the controller and splits them to the other side of what appears to be the touchpad. Whether or not this is a hint about Sony's intentions with VR in the PlayStation 5 era is unclear, but considering that many games use the light bar to surface information (Destiny 2 uses it to indicate a full Super meter, for example), putting it more visible makes sense.

No doubt the DualSense controller is going to be polarizing, if only because of the mostly white color scheme. Some will love the change that it brings to the PS5 era while others will likely wonder why Sony decided to change things up after following a familiar pattern for so long. Perhaps things will make more sense once Sony shows off the console.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

That PlayStation change is a comin soon my friends...time to start saving up that xmas money !!
It's possible, but i ain't worried too much about it, still wanna shoot for some PS4 games.
Plus important things is coming up...
I haven't even gotten a PS4 lol.
When the PS5 hits I'm wondering how soon will PS3 support is gonna end.
No PNS, no multiplayer/co-op
I'm wondering.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

probably pretty damn soon, they already have cut the PS3 from the PSN store..you have to dig for deals for the PS3 now
By June 30, the message system will be taken away for ps3, meaning u can't receive or send messages.
Gotta use your phone, PS4, or vita to send/receive messages, for now everything is okay for ps3, it's the hardware that's running out..
Kwa, post: 33150, member: 6 Wrote:By June 30, the message system will be taken away for ps3, meaning u can't receive or send messages.
Gotta use your phone, PS4, or vita to send/receive messages, for now everything is okay for ps3, it's the hardware that's running out..
Okay I found a source Link.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

And alls I can say to them for that is..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: h9KrxG5.png]
PS5 and Xbox Series X Price is Higher Than Expected, Says Analyst
An analysis firm suggests that the PS5 and Xbox Series X price will be higher than expected and sales will be 'undermined' by a recession.

The PS5 and Xbox Series X prices could be higher than expected, suggests and analyst firm. There has been huge speculation over the price of the next-generation consoles and a new report said that there could be limited supply of PS5s as price leads to lower demand.

Analysis firm Ampere Analysis has published a new report with its suggestions of what the PS5 and Xbox Series X price could be. The firm says that the consoles will be priced at between $450-$500.

The analysis firm also expects a recession, prompted by COVID-19, to "undermine" sales of the two consoles. Any effect of a recession "will be more significantly felt later in 2021 once the initial early adopter launch surge ends," says the report.

The report also says the PS5 and Xbox Series X sales could be lower as fewer games feel the need to upgrade. The PS5 and the Xbox Series X will have backward compatibility which and the analysis firm expects "most" new third-party games to be supported by PS4 and Xbox One for 18 months, giving gamers fewer reasons to buy the new consoles.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has confirmed the Xbox Series X exclusive game plans, saying that the console is unlikely to have any exclusives for the first year or two after launch. Releasing Xbox exclusives that are available on the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X could also lead to lower sales for the new console.

Looking at the report, some may suggest that Xbox is in a better position than PlayStation to weather a recession and deal with potentially lower next-gen console sales. If gamers are affected by the recession and don't have money to buy the Xbox Series X at launch, Xbox will offer a more affordable way to get it. Xbox boss Phil Spencer has said that the team will "go big" on the Xbox All Access subscription which allows subscribers to spread the cost of a new console.

It seems unlikely that PlayStation will launch something like Xbox All Access for the PS5. If the company is planning to offer the PS5 in limited supply at launch, then it seems to be happy to sell the console at a higher price. This could mean that fewer PS5s are sold at launch but that is all part of Sony's plan.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Damn, $450-$500, due to this crisis, how could people even think about getting either ps5 or xbox, even PS4 was expensive when that first came out, even though, Sony is not pulling the plug the well sold PS4...
I honestly thought it would be in the $600-800 dollar range, since it was supposed to be coming out around christmas,
what better time to do it ehh...
Still gotta make sure a save money though.
Idk, shit can happen, I'm not the type of person that would rush for new merchandise like that. An extra is gonna cost, and not to many games to ps5 exclusively, so people still gonna be buying physical PS4 games to play on ps5 just for even better graphics.
PS4 itself will still be around,
PS5 Backwards Compatibility Will Play Overwhelming Majority of All PS4 Games, Improved Framerates and Higher Resolutions on PlayStation 5
Following all of the confusion surrounding Sony's plans for PS4 backwards compatibility on PS5, the company has added an update to its original PlayStation Blog post. Sony now says that "the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5".

Perhaps most exciting of all, the manufacturer expects "titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable framerates and potentially higher resolutions". The organisation added: "We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers."

The manufacturer says that it's "already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch". You can read the full statement through here.

The aforementioned confusion over backwards compatibility stemmed from Mark Cerny's PS5 presentation, in which his messaging wasn't crystal clear. Matters were made even muddier by the official PlayStation Blog article, which had some people thinking that only 100 PS4 games would be playable on PS5.

As mentioned, Sony has already put "hundreds" of PS4 titles to the test, and it seems safe to assume that most last-gen games will be fully playable on PS5 at launch. Hopefully we get to see backwards compatibility in action sooner rather than later.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Still aint too happy about the prices of it all, especially at this time of financial crisis in america,
Redbear, post: 33477, member: 1 Wrote:Still aint too happy about the prices of it all, especially at this time of financial crisis in america,
I know right, they should delay the release till 2021
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.