Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYSTATION 5
Rumored PlayStation 5 specs leak online: Zen CPU, Navi-based GPU

Could the PlayStation 5 be here sooner than expected? That’s what several reports are stating, including one from SemiAccurate, which also claims to have some details about Sony’s new console.

The publication’s article is behind a $1000 paywall, but a summary has appeared on ResetEra. The report says the PlayStation 5, which might not be its final name, will upgrade the Jaguar CPUs found in the PS4 and PS4 Pro in favor of a more powerful Zen-based CPU, previously reported as being an 8 core variety. As for the graphics, the machine is said to use a custom GPU based on AMD’s upcoming Navi architecture.

The new console is also said to come with VR features implemented at the silicon level, suggesting that Sony still believes in its PlayStation VR headsets, which recently received a permanent price decrease.
One thing missing from the report is any mention of backward compatibility with the PS4, which is a feature many are expecting.

The reported specs do sound convincing, especially the use of Zen and Navi—some of AMD’s Vega features appeared in the PlayStation 4 Pro long before they made their way onto the PC via the Radeon line.

The article adds that a large number of PlayStation 5 dev kits are already in the hands of developers, backing up a similar claim made by industry insider Marcus Sellars early last month. SemiAccurate believes this means a 2018 release for the console isn’t totally out of the question, though a 2019 launch seems much more likely. By then, technology such as GDDR6, which is rumored to appear in Nvidia’s next line of GPUs, should be widely available.

PS5 dev kits went out early this year to third party developers.
— Marcus Sellars (@Marcus_Sellars) March 6, 2018
SemiAccurate is confident that the "real info" in its report is accurate. The site points out that it correctly revealed the specs of the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch ahead of their release, while it also predicted the console mid-cycle refresh machines: the Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro.

CLICK HERE For MORE
C(:
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
This looks retarded for some reason, u know if this actually get release, people gonna get hypes d and rush for the shit, not me.
What kind of games with be made, graphics is good as it is on ps4...
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Kwa, post: 6724, member: 6 Wrote:This looks retarded for some reason, u know if this actually get release, people gonna get hypes d and rush for the shit, not me.
What kind of games with be made, graphics is good as it is on ps4...
The graphics i'm thinking will be 4K graphics.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I though ps4 pro has 4k graphics...
It hasn't been 7 years yet...
remember the old days when a Plymouth Desoto will last 80 fuckin years without breaking down if you take minimal care of it..
Kwa, post: 6768, member: 6 Wrote:I though ps4 pro has 4k graphics...
It hasn't been 7 years yet...
No i think it upscales to 4K or something.

Redbear, post: 6770, member: 1 Wrote:remember the old days when a Plymouth Desoto will last 80 fuckin years without breaking down if you take minimal care of it..
Well that's the digital age though.

The Digital industry knows how to milk the people for everything they've got.
At least Sony didn't pull a microsoft with XBOX S, X, Q, V, O, lol.

Or pull a nintendo Switch either.
You know Switch game saves are stored on the console.
There is a way to transfer Switch save data, Nintendo just doesn’t want you to know
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

So what this mean, when ps5 gets release, people gonna toss ps4, I ain't gonna do that shit...
Kwa, post: 6813, member: 6 Wrote:So what this mean, when ps5 gets release, people gonna toss ps4, I ain't gonna do that shit...
I wouldn't either.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I still have ps3 too, not getting rid of it, until it fucks up...
Kwa, post: 6845, member: 6 Wrote:I still have ps3 too, not getting rid of it, until it fucks up...
Even if mines does i'll buy another or have it repaired.
There's features the PS3 has the PS4 may not.

As for the PS5, i'll buy it as long as it doesn't require a 4K television to operate.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

true that bruh, I'm not really rushing for ps5, image the price it can start off, think about it, ps4 ain't, even old yet. For ps3 i still use it for playing, and download, only home console that support local download, it still ps family, that and psp to be honest...
Kwa, post: 6813, member: 6 Wrote:So what this mean, when ps5 gets release, people gonna toss ps4, I ain't gonna do that shit...
Pretty much people are infatuated with new things. Here is a example IPhone users whenever a new one comes out the have to have it.

VSW, post: 6889, member: 24 Wrote:As for the PS5, i'll buy it as long as it doesn't require a 4K television to operate.
Hopefully we are a long ways off from being forced to play games in 4K. Just for the fact the 4K games and movies need really good internet.
PS5 DEV TALKS HAPPENING, BUT ‘2019 LOOKS LIKE EARLIEST POSSIBLE’ RELEASE DATE

The PS5 rumors continue to stir. Following on from details allegedly revealing the PS5 specs, and rumors of an impending release date, there’s one thing we can be sure of – Sony’s Mark Cerny is currently talking to developers about PlayStation 5.

That’s according to Digital Foundry, who also believe that the PS5 release will be 2019 at the very earliest. They say that the system’s lead architect is currently “on the road” talking with developers. However, they don’t believe the outlandish rumor that PS5 could launch later this year.

In terms of when an actual retail console is likely to be delivered, there are two crucial technological hurdles that need to be cleared before production of a final unit can begin: that’ll be the availability of a smaller, denser process for manufacturing the system’s main processor, plus the necessity for newer, faster memory,” writes Digital Foundry.

“In both cases, 2019 looks like the earliest possible time a generational leap in console power can be delivered, but other factors – system build cost, for example – may set that back further.”

Other rumors about Sony’s next-gen console include the ability for PS5 to play PS4 games. We were also contacted last week by a guy who claims that this is an internal document from Sony. It claims that Project Epsilon is the internal codename for PS5 and that all games from Sony developed after April 1, 2018 will solely be exclusive to PS5. Note: we believe it’s fake.

Though Sony hasn’t officially unveiled PS5, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sean Layden, has confirmed its coming. Rumor has it that PS5 dev kits are already in the hands-on developers.

Whether PlayStation 5 appears at E3 2018 this year is unknown, but here’s out predictions for the Sony press conference. We’re pretty some of these will definitely happen!

CLICK HERE For MORE
C(:
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

[USER=3]@Jason xXx[/USER]
I ain't like that with new electronics, at the end of the day, u can't be in a rush, like at the iphone x, that is 1,000 plus it depends on the gb u want i believe, that's like rent Money, if a person get something new right away then that person must be rich.
When i was coming up, I had to wait to prices drop, could get new electronic on day one, like shit, i'm so late of vita, games is cheaper, memory card a lil, except 32gb, is $69.99 in gamestop,

[Image: 3b8ZR3q.gif]
PS5 Clock Battery Death Kills Your Ability to Play Games: Report
Sony’s poor decisions stretch beyond PS3 and PS4.

It appears that Sony’s short-sighted hardware decisions that render PS3 and PS4 games unplayable extend to the PS5 as well. According to a tweet from noted video game preservationist group DoesItPlay, the PS5 won’t play games if its clock battery (also known as CMOS) dies and you aren’t able to connect to Sony’s servers. What this means is, even if you are able to replace the PS5 CMOS, you will still be locked out of your games when Sony decides to shut off servers. Initial testing suggests that this impacts digital games at the moment. Though if it’s anything like the PS4, you can expect physical games to be affected as well. This is being referred by the community as CBOMB.

BREAKING: A kind volunteer has dismantled their PS5 to test #cbomb for us and the initial results confirm that PS5 is also affected.

Initial results indicate that all digital games will cease to work in a #cbomb scenario.

More details to come soon.

— Does it play? (@DoesItPlay1) April 16, 2021
What Is PS5 CBOMB?
CBOMB alludes to Sony’s consoles being ticking timebombs in terms of the DRM used due to their dependencies on CMOS and online servers with the PS5 being no different.

What this means is, if your PS5 clock battery dies you won’t be able to play games on it. And if this is anything like what was discovered on the PS4, regardless of them being digital files or discs, your PS5 will not be able to play them though at the moment this appears to be limited to digital games.

While this has been confirmed on PS4 because trophies on the PS4 need the console’s internal clock to work correctly so as to prevent users to change date and time values and exploit the PS4’s trophy system, it appears that the PS5 may have the same dependencies if initial tests are accurate.

Although it’s relatively easy to replace the CMOS, when Sony decides to take down its PS5 servers reactivating your PS5 to play games still poses a massive challenge.

“CMOS can only have it’s time fixed by PSN or hacks,” Does It Play told IGN India.

PS5 CBOMB Impact
To make matters worse, if this is indeed in line with what we have seen with the PS4, the only solution would be to use homebrew which isn’t exactly an easy process to undertake for the uninitiated and usually a route to piracy for those that do.

Essentially, if you want to play the PS5 games you have purchased legitimately when Sony decides to take down its PS5 servers, you’ll be forced to use methods normally reserved for pirates even if you replace the CMOS.

All of this suggests that Sony’s stand on video game preservation is questionable at best. More so when the company chooses to remain silent despite repeated requests from comment. And that’s before we factor in the colossal amount of e-waste such a move generates.

These findings are crucial as they come at a time when Sony’s policies regarding video game preservation are under fire. They follow a report from TheGamer that stated the PS3, PSP, and PS Vita storefronts would be permanently shuttered, which the company eventually confirmed.

In the run up to the demise of the PS3 storefront, Sony’s decisions have killed digital games on that console completely with titles being rendered unplayable on a daily basis.

It’s disappointing that Sony chooses to be silent about video game preservation and its legacy which many hold dear despite repeated requests for comment. If the video games industry wants to have the same credibility and recognition as the art world, preservation and access is crucial. And it appears that Sony is failing on both fronts.

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: zA6pA3D.png]
[/font]

[Image: rlkkV0V.png]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Foreal, even the ps5 is consider a console that can just die?.
This is still some major bullshit they are dealing us,
In terms of fortunes we are the ones making them rich beyond belief,
yet we still are at the mercy of thier decisions on the Servers for the digital and hard-disc games we play and have bought.
We just play the games, and don't make money from that, many people wanna turn it to a wager level and for what, it ain't worth the effort.

This is why I can care less about the market, when the new comes out, the old is garbage, "so what", stick with what u Currently have until the very conclusion as it still gains support, at least this is way wiser in my opinion, instead of slurping rent money too damn quick.
Well Sony did correct their mistake by announcing they're keeping the PS3/PSVita store open.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

But see this is what I'm talking about when it comes to going digital.

Going digital how much control do you have over stuff you've bought & paid for.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.