Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official, Sony confirmed it
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogam...his-summer

Following the quiet closure of an old web version of the PlayStation Store this weekend, Sony has confirmed it'll be permanently closing all PS3, Vita, and PSP digital stores this summer.

Writing on the PlayStation website, and corroborating an earlier report by TheGamer, Sony confirmed it would be closing the PS3 store on 2nd July, and that all remaining PSP purchase functionality will cease at the same time. The Vita store will close on 27th August.
[Image: XSevenK.png]
That is such bullshit for them to do...
there are just some out there that do not have the funds nor the ability to upgrade or even want to upgrade,
as far as I am concerned it is not a fair consumer trade.
Factz, I'm not even thinking about ps5 right now, as I still rock the ps4, these 2 consoles are Sony main focus now.
For PS3, PS Vita, and PSP, u can always download already own contents even when the shutdown happens, but can't new purchases.

It gets worst, Sony is also shutting down the message service for vita by June 28, meaning the service will only be available for PS5, PS4, and mobile app but then.

Damn this feels like a calamity, hope Sony doesn't screw up.
Yea just got an email say that the PS3/psp shutdown july 2nd and the Vita on august 27th.
I just got a Vita too which is just my luck.
But the worst part is all the stuff that's going to be lost.So i'm going to try and buy whatever dlc for my ps3 games that don't have physical GoTY editions that i can.
As for my Vita i'm hacking that bitch so i can have access to dlc and digital only games.Something i wasn't going to do at first but now it seems like it'll be necessary.
I knew rumors like that weren't just a joke...I just hope they make a super sale becuz of this & remove the play store icons from the designated consoles from the UI

Just like they did with communities on the PS4 update 8.50.

makes me think twice on buying digital ps4/ps5 games and I only buy digital....
I became a vita owner since late 2017, I been spending money like crazy in a way, I'm talking as in using the vita for 3 years now, own a total of 200+ games physical format, multiple memory cards, and more than 2 devices.
All this and now I gotta heard about jailbreaking, I'm not experienced.

I'm gonna try to digital more games, because of this news.
There is some good news though, digital contents that u already owned can always be re-downloaded, even after the shutdown,

This goes for all 3 consoles, any contents brought from respective digital stores are yours to keep and will be accessible to download.
Once the shutdown happens, u just can't make new purchases.

Sony is doing this just to focus more on PS5 and PS4.
[USER=6]@Kwa[/USER]
Damn that’s very big collection of purchased game indeed.

I do not own a Vita sadly however I do own a PS3 super slim and a PSP that I can find right now xD but because I really couldn’t buy games at the time I resorted to jailbreaking both of the devices and It is very useful if you want to play let’s say 100 games and don’t want to pay for them just download them and play them on the jailbroken device, thanks to that my PSP/PS3 collection is basically Infinite.

However you having 200+ games it wouldn’t make sense to jailbreak when you practically own some if not every single game you wanted to play for the Vita and jailbreaking it for 2-4 games ain’t it.

So with that in mind it’s more than ok 2 stay on OFFICIAL FIRMWARE. Big Grin
I currently own a PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro both with 85+ Digital Games I’be played like...10 maybe xD as for PS5 surprisingly I ain’t crazy on having it there’s really not many games exclusively for that console so I hope Sony give the PS4 a very long lifespan cuz imma stick with mine for a while.

I did buy an XBOX Series S and as an all PlayStation Fan Im digging It
I already know the features for a jailbreaking Device, everybody would love free games,
I lack the knowledge/experience, I seen a video and it was so perplexing that it got me lost, don't own a PC either, I know the basic of usage but not advance like that, even in terms of uploading.
NeoX, post: 47236, member: 191 Wrote:However you having 200+ games it wouldn’t make sense to jailbreak when you practically own some if not every single game you wanted to play for the Vita and jailbreaking it for 2-4 games ain’t it.
I like this part right here...Smile
this a point I trying to bring up, 3 years of using the vita, splurging heavy, for a device like this, I kinda figured it's gonna get harder and I was on the mark. Everything Right now limited from games and accessories.
i refuse to make it seem that all the currency I spend is wasted, just cuz I hear about jailbreaking in 2020, I don't think i'm missing much.
I could just treasure all 200+ cards, 10+ memory cards, and devices I brought up till now.
My mind is set to ongoing the money spending, even for digital since this news is accurate. If there's any physical remaining that I want down the line, I'm always shopping online for it, cuz today, it's hard to find in stores it's basically nothing, web ordering may get people saying "hell no," cuz of them these damn prices, I know this cuz I started mid 2018 with ludicrous prices, now it's even more exacerbated.
NeoX, post: 47237, member: 191 Wrote:I currently own a PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro both with 85+ Digital Games I’be played like...10 maybe xD as for PS5 surprisingly I ain’t crazy on having it there’s really not many games exclusively for that console so I hope Sony give the PS4 a very long lifespan cuz imma stick with mine for a while.
I also on PS4 slim, same one for 4 years now, currently own 100+ titles in disc, along with some extended storage, i'm backed up cuz I can be lazy or detracted. I'm not hyped for ps5, I'm against the rush to get the console, backwards compatibility, enhance graphics, I can care less at the moment, some ps5 titles has also make ps4 release as well, ps5 library ain't not extraordinary yet. I believe ps4 still have some time left.
Next could be PS6, too many years away, what's gonna become of ps5 then, most people would treat last gen like ps4 as old fashion, but they will always be legendary, this procedure is old.
We all gotta make it further in lifetime to see all these future tech, but never know what can happen, what can change.

[USER=1]@Redbear[/USER] my fault with the multi posting, guess I had to speak my mind..
I know you know your jailbreak knowledge that’s why I didn’t go into details. I have a jailbroken My PS3 & PSP MULTIPLE Of times.

And no matter how many times I do it the fear of bricking my console is always there no matter how many vids I watch so it really is a risk.
Im glad to hear I could put my self in your mind set I always try to be as much understanding as I possibly can and mixing in my personal experience as well.

Other than that I currently have the option to jailbreak one of my PlayStation 4 And is the same crap as with the PSP PSVita and PS3 but just like you my man my LIBRARY IS ALREADY VAST AND I PRETTY MUCH GOTS EVERYTHING I WANT UP UNTIL SOMETHING NEW COMES, it would be a risk to just brick it/get my account banned if I somehow F up.
That’s hella hype my man 100+ titles and physical? That’s insane I got all my games on an extended 4TB Storage it’s sometimes kind of annoying seeing so many icons on my PS4's home screen but as long as they are in a folder I’m OK with that.

Sadly many people think that because the PS5 is out the PS4 is obsolete....WTF for real.
the only PS5 tittle I really wanna play is RATCHET AND CLANK.

Right now I’m currently finishing my PS4 pro clean I had to open it to swap the thermal paste and clean up the dust and what not. Other than that I finished installing the 8.50 Beta 3
NeoX, post: 47244, member: 191 Wrote:I know you know your jailbreak knowledge that’s why I didn’t go into details. I have a jailbroken My PS3 & PSP MULTIPLE Of times.
I don't know the cognitive/knowledge of jailbreaking, for me it's a skip entirely..
NeoX, post: 47245, member: 191 Wrote:Other than that I currently have the option to jailbreak one of my PlayStation 4 And is the same crap as with the PSP PSVita and PS3 but just like you my man my LIBRARY IS ALREADY VAST AND I PRETTY MUCH GOTS EVERYTHING I WANT UP UNTIL SOMETHING NEW COMES, it would be a risk to just brick it/get my account banned if I somehow F up.
Haha, just do what u gotta do, that makes u feel u that it's well earned. Getting banned, tell that to all trophy modders out there..
[USER=191]@NeoX[/USER]
It started late 2016, first mom's, then myself, making me own purchases.
Yea, people look at ps4 as if it was redundant, or people get too hyped over a little enhancement/upgrade, drooling over that, please.

U know how to open a ps4, shit I frightened to attempt that, big mistake I did on a PS3 years ago. I used a CD lens cleaner, was usable for my ps4, plus I can play it safe, nephew is not around..
Kwa, post: 47243, member: 6 Wrote:[USER=1]@Redbear[/USER] my fault with the multi posting, guess I had to speak my mind..
Little Bro, I don't mind..go ahead and talk it out, its all good...