Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY NOT INSPIRE THE ARTISTS BASED ON TALENT, NOT RACE OR GENDER.

The experience I had when growing up & playing Video Games or reading Comics there weren't this Ewww don't let girls play/read my comics narrative that's getting inaccurately passed around these past years.
It was very different.

When I growing up boys liked stuff like Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, etc, but it wasn't a keep girls out mentality as much as it was that Girls saw Gaming, Comics, Action Figures as a waste of their time.
I can't & don't claim to speak for everyone but me & first hand experience Girls saw much if not all of that as something beneath them.

Boys asked you wanna play & Girls said no cause either they were too busy going on dates or completely uninterested.
I remember Girls just seeing things like Comics, & Video Games as childish garbage.

I think that's why games targeted male gamers more at that point.

Like I said in my other thread OMG I don't need/want characters to look like Me!
I don't need, I never needed any fictional characters to look like me just for me to be inspired. I never saw that when I read comics or played video games. And I grew up around the Atari 2600.

I never thought to myself why don't Batman, Superman, WonderWoman, Hulk, Spiderman, SuperGirl, etc look like me.
My thoughts were which villain going to take them out.

What drew me to Comics wasn't a character that looks like me, or gender, or even the artist who drew & wrote them.
It was the art.
I found Comic art amazing, so well drawn & detailed, beautiful. The artwork to me was so overwhelming that I'd see Comics & I'd be like a kid in a candy store.
And when I went into a Comic shop for the first time, my eye were just overloaded with detailed artwork lol.

I love the fantasy of the Comic world, the freedom to create anything you want & could think up.
That's what sold me on them. That's what got me into drawing & sketching characters.
I read the Batman, Superman, WonderWoman, Hulk, Spiderman, SuperGirl Comics, & I wanted to make characters that could outdo them, to be cooler then they were, to beat them in fights.

They inspired me to do that, didn't matter who drew what or why.
I love it.

I wanted to make my own characters, create my own fantasy worlds with my own rules that I can bend break & shape as I want.
In that I realized that gave me so much freedom & I made characters that could easily beat Superman or whatever.

To me it's about having or developing a talent, & the was my reason for creating what I did & whatever I wanted.
Because I could.

That's the underline motivation & inspiration I have.
I get that it's different for various people but why limit yourself on who inspires you, whether or not they look like you, the same color/gender as you. Or if they share the same beliefs you may have.

I think much of the world has greatly limited & lost much of its inspiration because of stupid politics & idiotic social beliefs.
And It screwed up the world of Fantasy too.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Dude, that was very well spoken.
Redbear, post: 45428, member: 1 Wrote:Dude, that was very well spoken.
Thank you.
It's just something that I look at from an imaginative point of view, I get far more into the creative side & styles then who actually created them.
Seriously it took me a long long time to get into who wrote or drew what Comic or Video Game.
I never paid any attention to that I was inspired by the resulting work.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

wow that's amazing you absolutely right. todays stuff is garbage it blows my mind from what it's all turned into
all of it tv shows,music it's turned a bunch of bullshit nothing is really good anymore people are to busy trying to not piss off anyone noone is taking chances to try something
prmlscreem, post: 45958, member: 2 Wrote:wow that's amazing you absolutely right. todays stuff is garbage it blows my mind from what it's all turned into
all of it tv shows,music it's turned a bunch of bullshit nothing is really good anymore people are to busy trying to not piss off anyone noone is taking chances to try something
Or creating content under a contradictory message of objectification.
The very same message of objectification these same PC groups are so supposedly against.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 46015, member: 24 Wrote:Or creating content under a contradictory message of objectification.
The very same message of objectification these same PC groups are so supposedly against.
that's exactly right smdh what a shame right
prmlscreem, post: 46145, member: 2 Wrote:that's exactly right smdh what a shame right
It is because innovation does take a nose dive.
You're 100% right, if people are too afraid of trying something new in avoiding offending anyone then entertainment in general won't progress.
And more & more people will start going back to older programming.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

yes that's sad but true