Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official PSN Store Update Change
[IMG alt="PSN Store"]https://www-siliconera-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.siliconera.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/PSN-Store.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=26px]Sony: PSN Store Will Drop PS3, PSP, Vita Games on Mobile/Web by October 21, 2020[/SIZE]
By
Josh Tolentino

The rumors were true: Sony is indeed removing the ability to buy PS3, PSP, and PS Vita games from the PSN Store when accessing the via the mobile app or web browser. According to official emails sent out to PlayStation Network members titled “Important Changes to PlayStation Store”, the PlayStation Store overhaul will take effect from October 21, 2020 to October 26, 2020 on web, and by October 28, 2020 on mobile app.
Also included in the purge is the ability to buy Apps, Themes, and Avatars, and the Wishlist feature. Current wishlists will be discontinued. Not all is lost, though: Direct device-based access to the PSN Store through a PS3, PSP, and PS Vita will allow players to buy games. Similarly, accessing the store through a PS4 will surface apps, themes and avatars just like before. Any previously purchased content will be accessible as before.
Here’s a screenshot of one of the emails sent out by Sony about the PSN Store changes:

Y'all heard about this right, it ain't that shocking.in my opinion...
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Might not be shocking, but it sure is bullshit for a corp that makes alot of its money thru Browsers and Mobile Apps,

Seems like they give you this wonderful bone that is everlastingly good..then they take it away and say you can look at it thru the TV though..
but purchase other items thru a magazine.
I'm guessing ps3, vita, and portable is too outdated for web and mobile, Especially with the ps5 is around the corner.
Gotta use compatible devices/console if u want download games/DLC for old gens.
For Example: Buy stuff for PS Vita, gotta use the PSN Store app on vita system.
One thing i'm worried about is the possible loss of psn only DLC in the near future.Many PS3 games have DLC but no GOTY edition and not all GOTY have the DLC on disc, instead they rely on code vouchers. Then there's the psp where all DLC is digital only and the vita is the same with only a few GOTY games which i believe us vouchers as well.
It's not just DLC but digital only games too just look at Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.The game was delisted about a year after release and is just now being brought back almost a decade later. Not all games will get a second chance like that.
These DLC's and games could be lost forever without proper preservation, but backing this stuff up online even for a decade old game is illegal.It seems as if they'd rather the content be lost than to lose a few dollars.
That's why I hate digital only content.
I'm happy that we're still able to access the store with our PS3's though.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
That's a good fact, Sony refuse to lose a few bucks, especially if no one buying, basically content is gone, sad shit going on for the old gens, games getting delisted, lack of firmware.

I rarely go digital, if there's physical available, even if it's a import, sometimes I can afford to spend the money.
Kwa, post: 39415, member: 6 Wrote:That's a good fact, Sony refuse to lose a few bucks, especially if no one buying, basically content is gone, sad shit going on for the old gens, games getting delisted, lack of firmware.

I rarely go digital, if there's physical available, even if it's a import, sometimes I can afford to spend the money.
That's why I say let independent developers hang on older gen systems.

Have a majority of Indie developments studios continue making games & content for PSP, PS3, PS-Vita, that way there's still money made, new titles, & experience gained for raising developers.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
There's were indie businesses that supported PSV, even PS3 for 1 games I believe, "Limited Run Games". Other small business came in as well like "Strictly Limited Games", Red Art Games, they are turn Digital titles to physical format. I believe they all done up, cuz no more cartridges.

Only Business that still doing a lil support for vita every now and then is "East Asia Soft" also turning digital to limited edition releases, although i limited amount worldwide, they did many they year in 2020, over 10+. East Asia might stop by next year