Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USE FLOOD WATERS TO FIGHT FIRES?

Fires on one end of the U.S & Flooding on other.
Something I've been thinking about for a few years now.
Why not use Vacuum Tankers to suck up flood waters, then drive it to California or wherever needed to put out fires?
Also use flood waters to wet dry areas in really hot states.
Stupid Idea?
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
I believe that poses an extremely interesting question considering we have helicopters that have the scoop drop buckets, airplanes that scoop up water as they're flying,that would make it an excellent idea before decision makers said it costs too much.

1st issue I can think of is debris.
2nd issue is the distances involved.
Redbear, post: 38566, member: 1 Wrote:I believe that poses an extremely interesting question considering we have helicopters that have the scoop drop buckets, airplanes that scoop up water as they're flying,that would make it an excellent idea before decision makers said it costs too much.

1st issue I can think of is debris.
2nd issue is the distances involved.

Yea I can see distance & debris but fires in those areas till burn awhile, & debris wouldn't vacuum tankers have mesh or something to prevent that ?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Most tankers do have a mesh system like that to keep the debris out, but if you have one of the helicopters for the scooper or planes,what they do is they just come down and drop the bucket in and scoop up the water and then leave, now say if there's somebody that they didn't see in the flood waters, or there's property they didn't know about,they're going to drop it right on top of the fires, no it doesn't cause a great amount of concern but what happens if it gets dropped in the air onto one of the firefighters that's the only problem I can really see.
Redbear, post: 38615, member: 1 Wrote:Most tankers do have a mesh system like that to keep the debris out, but if you have one of the helicopters for the scooper or planes,what they do is they just come down and drop the bucket in and scoop up the water and then leave, now say if there's somebody that they didn't see in the flood waters, or there's property they didn't know about,they're going to drop it right on top of the fires, no it doesn't cause a great amount of concern but what happens if it gets dropped in the air onto one of the firefighters that's the only problem I can really see.
Yea I can see that so some vacuum tankers could be used to filter out the water from debris then feed water to helicopters & trains maybe
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Like I said I think it's a great idea and it has a lot of merit in it.
Redbear, post: 38620, member: 1 Wrote:Like I said I think it's a great idea and it has a lot of merit in it.
Thanks.
Too Bad it's a possibility not refined & used.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I blame politics and money grubbing fools for not at least putting it out there as a "idea" solution.
Redbear, post: 38664, member: 1 Wrote:I blame politics and money grubbing fools for not at least putting it out there as a "idea" solution.
I do too.
I don't understand how all that water goes to waste.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.