Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS SINGLE PLAYER GAMING REALLY DEAD, OR IS IT JUST BS OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY.
Is single play games worth your time as a gamer.
I saw the video on how EA wanted the next StarWars title to go multi-player instead...........
"Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe," said Patrick Soderlund, executive VP of EA worldwide studios, in a post on EA's website. "In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game.

Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design."

I've seen news of how Xbox boss Shannon Loftis, who heads up Xbox Publishing for first-party games, believes single-player-only games aren't dead but they do have questions to face around their economic viability. Speaking to GameSpot today, Loftis said the demand by gamers for higher quality experiences comes with a price tag.

This isn't the first time i've read news suggesting single play games are dead & how the majority of gamers don't bother playing them anymore.
And i'm wondering is that really true or is it more nonsense from the gaming industry continuously pushing the same old agenda of how they want gamers to play games in order of finding the absolute best way to milk the most money out of gamers.

So i'd like to read your thoughts on this entire thing & read your replies to a few questions:

1. Do you play single player games more than 3 times?

2. Have you ever played any one single player game repeatedly for more than 1 year ?

3. As a gamer do you need additional downloadable content to enjoy single player games ?

4. How often do you play single player games ?

5. Are single player games a complete turn off or turn on for you ?

6. What exactly interests or disinterest you about single player games ?

[SIZE=32px]Part 2[/SIZE]
With developers saying single player isn't dead, microsoft speaking of their economic viability, & the lootbox fad publishers are stuck in.

Do you see level grinding & lootboxes increasing for single player games ?

Also
There are of course strong examples of compelling single-player-only games that have performed well in the market, such as Bethesda's Fallout 4, Sony's Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Microsoft's own Ori series, Loftis pointed out. But overall, Loftis said the call for higher-quality experiences can result in a big production budget.

The suggestion is that some publishers might be understandably spooked putting so much money into a project when their return is not as much a sure-thing as it could be for a product with more potential revenue streams beyond the initial game sale.

Loftis Wrote:I don't think that it's dead per se, I do think the economics of taking a single-player game and telling a very high fidelity multi-hour story get a little more complicated. Gamers want higher fidelity and they want higher resolution graphics.

Loftis said Microsoft's Netflix-style Xbox Game Pass service for Xbox One, which costs $10/month for access to a library of more than 100 games, is one method by which Microsoft can help fund single-player-only games.

Loftis Wrote:Game Pass gives us the opportunity to potentially fund games like that, helps us put games like that in the market over time.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/single...0-6454339/
Do you think single player games will only be available for services like Game Pass ?
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Re: IS SINGLE PLAYER GAMING DEAD?

I never really noticed them dying out, I do know that sometime I am going to have to get with the times and get me a new play system of some kind, that might force me to go online and compete,
although I do not like it, I just might have to get a Wii.

1. Do you play single player games more than 3 times? > yes, I prefer single player games

2. Have you ever played any one single player game repeatedly for more than 1 year ? > Oh yea

3. As a gamer do you need additional downloadable content to enjoy single player games ? > Nope

4. How often do you play single player games ? > every single fuckin day I can get away with it.

5. Are single player games a complete turn off or turn on for you ? > Aww Hell No

6. What exactly interests or disinterest you about single player games ? > The fact that when I compete against the AI, it doesn't cop a major snivel mode when I whoop its ass in a game.

Redbear Wrote:I never really noticed them dying out, I do know that sometime I am going to have to get with the times and get me a new play system of some kind, that might force me to go online and compete,
although I do not like it, I just might have to get a Wii.

1. Do you play single player games more than 3 times? > yes, I prefer single player games

2. Have you ever played any one single player game repeatedly for more than 1 year ? > Oh yea

3. As a gamer do you need additional downloadable content to enjoy single player games ? > Nope

4. How often do you play single player games ? > every single fuckin day I can get away with it.

5. Are single player games a complete turn off or turn on for you ? > Aww Hell No

6. What exactly interests or disinterest you about single player games ? > The fact that when I compete against the AI, it doesn't cop a major snivel mode when I whoop its ass in a game.

lol I read ya on that dude.
I can't stand the obnoxious gamers, not every gamer is obnoxious but single player i don't have to take that chance.

And i like single player because i can play as i want & not depend on multiple gamers or have to hurry along to keep up or go slow.
I don't like a game being dependant on others just to be played. I don't buy games simply for others, & i'm sure as smurf not going to trade them in just because others don't play it anymore.

Single player games feel like it's tailored to me & how i wanna play.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I see nothing wrong with single player games, plus when u want to accomplish something or finish a mode i prefer single player if possible, in multiplayer, people would do anything they want to fuck up your progress.
In single player i play how i want when it comes to finishing a game mode...
[Image: XSevenK.png]

Nah single player ain't dead.
I don't see it dying out for a long time.
Kwa Wrote:@Sorrow
Okay,Excuse me but I don't squirt sperm bruh, I fap but i don't mastubate..

[Image: GPmK7v1][Image: gantz-sig-1-zpsowc0cwd3.png]
Re: IS SINGLE PLAYER GAMING REALLY DEAD, OR IS IT JUST BS OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY

Since this kinda dives into other areas I think i will expand the topic a little more, so i've added to the original post.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:1. Do you play single player games more than 3 times?
Yes the borderlands series Fallout 3 and New Vegas because of multiple quest lines.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:2. Have you ever played any one single player game repeatedly for more than 1 year ?
Yes borlderands 2 is my top played game with over 1800 hrs or 75 days.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:3. As a gamer do you need additional downloadable content to enjoy single player games ?
No I played Fallout 3 for 100 or so hrs without the DlC but having extra missions is a plus.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:4. How often do you play single player games ?
Recently when ever I have free time whether it's 30 mins or more.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:5. Are single player games a complete turn off or turn on for you ?
Absolutely not I get that playing online is fun and all but sometimes you will run into assholes. On certain games I prefer single player than multi-player.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:6. What exactly interests or disinterest you about single player games ?
A good story is a must. Being rewarded with some special gear or a good weapon.

Things that disintereste are a short story bland characters. Repetitive missions like the Assassins creed.

VSW, post: 1638, member: 24 Wrote:Do you see level grinding & lootboxes increasing for single player games ?
no I love grinding for a new level and farming for the best gear. I just hate LVL caps.
Jason xXx, post: 1943, member: 3 Wrote:A good story is a must. Being rewarded with some special gear or a good weapon.

Things that disintereste are a short story bland characters. Repetitive missions like the Assassins creed.

Story, Really.
So if a game has a bad story but great gameplay ?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 1988, member: 24 Wrote:Story, Really.
So if a game has a bad story but great gameplay ?
I can't thing of a game that I have played that had a bad story with good gameplay.
Jason xXx, post: 1994, member: 3 Wrote:I can't thing of a game that I have played that had a bad story with good gameplay.
DarkSouls, Demon'sSouls, original DevilMayCry, TheSims, SaintsRow, DeadSpace, any early PS3/360 titles ?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 2014, member: 24 Wrote:DarkSouls, Demon'sSouls, original DevilMayCry, TheSims, SaintsRow, DeadSpace, any early PS3/360 titles ?
I have only played Saints 3 & 4 and gat outa hell and the story's weren't bad Imo
Jason xXx, post: 2018, member: 3 Wrote:I have only played Saints 3 & 4 and gat outa hell and the story's weren't bad Imo
I love SaintsRow 3 & more so SaintsRowIV.
If you have it on PS3 maybe we can play ?

Anyway the story in SaintsRowIV I think the earth's destruction should've been a permanent thing as to better represent the seriousness of the title.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Hell no single player ain't dead, u can always play how u want to play.
Multiplayer is good, but sometimes it can be a pain in cooperative mode, somethng like that, may have said it wrong. with single player u can complete alot....
VSW, post: 2035, member: 24 Wrote:I love SaintsRow 3 & more so SaintsRowIV.
If you have it on PS3 maybe we can play ?
Unfortunately I have Xbox 360. I was going to buy one of my friend Paul but the Ass sold it to someone else.
I have sainta row 3, 4, and gat out of hell for ps3, i beat em all, i rarely be on ps3, but i don't wanna stop using it, mother's can be a real drag sometimes, no offense, soon as she gets home, she wants her tv, as in, gotta turn the game off and get out the room. I have the ps4 in the living room, living in the projects can be rough..
Jason xXx, post: 2041, member: 3 Wrote:Unfortunately I have Xbox 360. I was going to buy one of my friend Paul but the Ass sold it to someone else.
Aww bummer.
I have a 360 too. You have any Gears games ?

Kwa, post: 2043, member: 6 Wrote:I have sainta row 3, 4, and gat out of hell for ps3, i beat em all, i rarely be on ps3, but i don't wanna stop using it, mother's can be a real drag sometimes, no offense, soon as she gets home, she wants her tv, as in, gotta turn the game off and get out the room. I have the ps4 in the living room, living in the projects can be rough..

Maybe i'll toss a friend request your way & we can play SaintsRowIV whenever i'm done putting my forums together.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

iight, i'll get in from the ps4 or my phone but whenever i get a change to get on ps3 i'll get on, might have to re- update saints row depending on which one u'll play..
discodanny16 is my psn...
Kwa, post: 2071, member: 6 Wrote:iight, i'll get in from the ps4 or my phone but whenever i get a change to get on ps3 i'll get on, might have to re- update saints row depending on which one u'll play..
discodanny16 is my psn...
Okay i'll send a friend request now.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 2070, member: 24 Wrote:Aww bummer.
I have a 360 too. You have any Gears games ?
I believe I have all of them it's been awhile.
Jason xXx, post: 2074, member: 3 Wrote:I believe I have all of them it's been awhile.
Oh cool, Maybe i'll toss a friend request your way too & we can play Gears together ?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.