Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 HDMI No Signal with a Fat model.
My PS3 has been slowly dying in the past few days, but I am afraid it might have finally jumped off the edge last night.

For the past few months my PS3 fat has slowly stopped playing any games made after 2009. Call of duty MW (the og) works great but MW3 and resistance 2 lead to full system POST failures. But that isn’t why I am here.

Because of this I have been limiting my gaming to old games like fallout 3 and New Vegas, resistance fall of man, and backwards compatible games from the PS2. I have had no performance issues with exception of the classic fallout crashes leading to freezing.

This last time I was playing fallout 3 when my game froze. I held down the power button to switch off the system just like normal, but when I turned the system back on, the PS3 beeped as normal but the check source cable message on the tv tuned to a no signal and I could not get the PS3 audio or visual to work. Here is what I am trying to figure out:

I held down my power button for five seconds to try and do a safe mode reboot and to try and reset output settings: nothing worked

I tried different cables, sources and TVs, but only HDMI until I can find my AV cords that came with the PS.

I tried resetting the TV

I tried unplugging the PS3 for a few minutes to try and let static electricity drain as recommended online

Non of these things work. I am already in process of getting a new PS3 slim to play games on, but I was hoping that my fat version might still work. It is my family blu ray player and also my only way to play ps2 games.

What else can I try to save it? If something is broken how can I fix it and about how much would it possibly cost?

Td:lr my PS3 has is giving a no signal message and I want to know if it is possible to repair/fix it.

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/Training_Civ_Pilot
from r/PS3
from r/PS3

[url="https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/f6lm0i/ps3_hdmi_no_signal_with_a_fat_model/"]Continue reading...[/url]