Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Shadow PC referral code (and why you might want to use it)
To anyone here who does any PC gaming or windows-only programs (for a job or otherwise), I have a subscription to a Cloud PC service called Shadow PC. What it is is a personal, full Windows 10 PC in the cloud, with high specs (primarily for gaming, as that is their main selling point). Although gaming is Shadow's big thing, you can use any Windows program on it outside of gaming (being a full Windows 10 PC). Besides gaming, I use mine for my DAZ Studio (free 3D animation software) animation, as it renders animations faster than on my MacBook Pro. The Shadow client app, through which you interact with your personal Shadow, is available on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, and now iOS! On the iOS app, you can use MFi controllers to play PC games through the client (for now, I would recommend the newest MFi controller released at this time, the Rotor Riot, as it is the first MFi controller to support L3 and R3 buttons on iOS 12, which are essential buttons for most PC games).

I have been using Shadow for a little over two months, and I love it! Through the Mac app, I'm able to play my pc-only Steam games, as well as Assassins Creed Odyssey (which I got free for taking part in Google's Project Stream last year), Source Filmmaker, and Apex Legends (I've only played the tutorial so far). Everything runs super smooth at max graphic settings. DAZ Studio 4.10 works great, and because every Shadow uses an Nvidia GPU (most have an Nvidia Quadro P5000 GPU now), I can render single images and image sequences (to be turned into videos later) in Nvidia's photorealistic Iray renderer (included with DAZ Studio) at a noticeably faster rate than on my MacBook Pro (which uses a mobile Nvidia GPU, so not the best). One of the really cool things about connecting to your Shadow PC is you can change the amount of bandwidth the app can use, and if you use a lower bandwidth setting for it on a lower-speed ISP, you will still have an optimal experience (Check out the Shadow website for more info).

The cool part is that Shadow gives you a referral code to give to others when they first sign up, and every time someone uses your code, you both get $10 off your next bill. So if you get three (in my case, because I have a 12 month commitment) to four people to sign up in a month, you get your next month free! And you can have your referral code used as many times as you want by new customers (they have to use your referral code when they sign up), and it accumulates, so you could get many months free (depending on how many people you know, online or in real life, that would potentially sign up for this). I'm hoping to get at least 3 to 6 people to sign up with my referral code so I can get the next one to two months free, so I can save up quicker for a PlayStation VR (there's a company on eBay that's selling the v2 retail units, with everything except games, for $169.00).

My Shadow referral code is: TOM2PFZ6 (and here's the link to take you to sign up with my referral code: https://shop.shadow.tech/usen/invite/TOM...bhRYo2RJwU)
Shadow's Website (for more info): https://shadow.tech/usen

Thank you Wicked Ghetto users,

T-MAX X-H
Jeezus that sounds like a fuckin sales pitch,
I prefer Linux over most anything, course im old school and paranoid so I have absolutely no use for a windows 10 PC cloud based emulated gaming system,
it is just that..full of windows, where someone of a higher authority could see what the heck im doing.

I think I'll pass on this one.
Thanks for at least reading this Redbear. It did come off a little strong, didn't it? lol

I have had one person on the internet use my code so far, but that was through Twitter. I don't have enough of a following on Twitter to guarantee that I'll find people who are interested. Although, I am thinking about giving my referral code out on a Twitch stream (when I let people know that I'm doing one). If I do that, it will be when I'm using Shadow, and I'll use OBS to stream the screen from my Mac directly (and possibly do Beavis and Butt-Head impressions while streaming). I'll post when I do a Twitch stream here so anyone from here can watch on Twitch (and maybe chuckle a little bit).