Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting
Hey, maybe you can help me out,
I keep trying to convert a DVD into a mp4 format,

I have tried both handbrake, and aimersoft dvd convertor,
both suck and either take 3-6 hours to complete if they even do,
or just stop and freeze right about halfway thru.

I have a win 10 64bit, 8 gigs of ram, and 160 gig hard drive

you all have any ideas,
Try MkvToMp4 it's pretty simple In my opinion.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/MkvToMp4
Thanks Jason,I use Bigasoft as a video convertor,
a DVD ripper and convertor is what I need.

I get a netflix DVD, I convert it to PSP format and watch it,
but ever since I switched to windows 10, the ripper convertors.. they suck ballz and they don't work like they are supposed to,
I mean it isn't like I don't have the juice in my rig...it has the power to most any job.
Redbear, post: 2858, member: 1 Wrote:Thanks Jason,I use Bigasoft as a video convertor,
a DVD ripper and convertor is what I need.

I get a netflix DVD, I convert it to PSP format and watch it,
but ever since I switched to windows 10, the ripper convertors.. they suck ballz and they don't work like they are supposed to,
I mean it isn't like I don't have the juice in my rig...it has the power to most any job.

Whoops my bad I could have sworn I saw mkv somewhere.

Edit
I looked at a site I use that rips all sorts or media and some say the best is DVDfab9 or 10.

As for handbrake I could never get a good file size like a 23min episode shouldn't be above 150mbs in my opinion because space is precious for some.

Around 3 hours is common for a conversion depending on the original container like mkv or VOB. that's why I will look for a mp4 version before converting because it's way faster than the others.

I believe ripping a DVD will give a VOB file and that I never have tried converting.

If you don't mind say what movie are you trying to convert. It might be easier to download then convert it but that's just me.
Its John Wick 2,
seen it before but wanted to watch it again,

weird about the three hour conversion, I did the same thing with my Win7 and Aimersoft, most DVD's took about an hour or less to convert, the size was larger than I wanted so I used Bigasoft to convert my convert to a manageable size Big Grin

I will give DVDfab9 a whirl and see if it works ok.
Thank You for the Help :punk:
Redbear, post: 2861, member: 1 Wrote:Its John Wick 2,
seen it before but wanted to watch it again,
Are you just trying it for the experience?
I know ChessMasterHex uploaded it.

Redbear, post: 2861, member: 1 Wrote:weird about the three hour conversion, I did the same thing with my Win7 and Aimersoft, most DVD's took about an hour or less to convert, the size was larger than I wanted so I used Bigasoft to convert my convert to a manageable size
Maybe I shouldn't have said it's common I was converting with a budget laptop that was $180. My laptop was win10 never had a problem converting to PSP but had problems with 1080p.
Redbear, post: 2861, member: 1 Wrote:I will give DVDfab9 a whirl and see if it works ok.
Hope you can figure it out seems confusing at first glance.
Im just trying to get it to work again, isnt a new experience or anything,and it makes me mad since i have been involved with this stuff for a long long time,

But shitblitten....since I have upgraded to windows 10, 75% of the programs I used before flawlessly are crap on this OS.

so I am just trying to find something that will work, just in case i get something I cannot get by Request.
OK gotcha.

I still have my friends laptop I can Rar up the converter I use and send it to you. It doesn't need any installation. Just add a movie the folder and run the handbrake.bat and then let it do it's thing
Thanks,
I'll let ya know if if I end up needing it.
Jason xXx, post: 2878, member: 3 Wrote:OK gotcha.

I still have my friends laptop I can Rar up the converter I use and send it to you. It doesn't need any installation. Just add a movie the folder and run the handbrake.bat and then let it do it's thing

I need this Smile
Redbear, post: 7912, member: 1 Wrote:I need this Smile
OK