Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEAD OR ALIVE 6
Dead or Alive 6 Announced with New Trailer

The Dead or Alive franchise is back once more for its twenty-third iteration, taking the form of Dead or Alive 6. No more dallying with Xtreme spin-offs, volleyball games, or PS Vita ports, for now, because Team Ninja is back with Dead or Alive 6 for the main series of the fighting games. DoA 6 is planned to release in early 2019 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

IGN was given exclusive access to the announcement and describes the sequel as familiar gameplay with improved visuals. Team Ninja has a new engine for Dead or Alive 6, said to focus in on realistic details and add in dynamic facial expressions. The last iteration of Dead or Alive added sweating and dirt effects, but Dead or Alive 6 seems to be keying in on bringing its characters closer to life.

Speaking of characters, Dead or Alive 6‘s announcement trailer introduces six familiar faces. Hyabusa and Hayate are shown in an extended duel, while Jann Lee and Zack, and Helena and Kasumi each have their own fights, too. More characters, new and old, are certain to be revealed in the weeks and months ahead.

It has been several years since the last Dead or Alive title was released, in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. The title wasn’t particularly well-received, but was in the news from time to time due to the explicit nature of its costume microtransactions. The competitive scene even banned certain DoA costumes for female characters due to their sexualized nature.

While it may have been three years now, it’s unlikely to Dead or Alive 6 will divert from its sordid history with sexualized customizations. Especially so, considering the continued growth of microtransactions within the industry. Though as far as the Dead or Alive franchise goes, the main series of titles – of which Dead or Alive 6 is a part – has tended to be less controversial than others.

Team Ninja says to expect more information on Dead or Alive 6 on June 11, insinuating that the fighting game will be shown in some capacity during E3 2018. Since Dead or Alive is a Koei Tecmo-published franchise, but one that isn’t quite as popular as it used to be, fans can probably expect Dead or Alive 6 to be absent from the press conferences, but available on the E3 showfloor at Koei Tecmo’s booth.

Dead or Alive 6 releases in early 2019 for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

[Image: 8dwMYRJ.gif] CLICK HERE For MORE [Image: 5JquJKB.gif]
C(:
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
I saw this and I am shocked, they really put extra details on it, u see the red screen feature, close up punches, etc..
I feel part 6 is gonna be the shit, it more into dead or alive than just nudity..
They should bring brand new characters to the roster and still keep all old ones
Don't take away rig, alpha, kokoro, honoka etc...
[Image: XSevenK.png]
I browse the way and read this Bs...

In an interview with Japanese publication Famistu this week,Dead or Alive producer Yohei Shimbori spoke about some of the upcoming changes to the recently revealed Dead or Alive 6, particularly in terms of how they wish the game to be viewed by audiences.

A new engine will be utilised, which allows for better lighting effects, skin textures and facial animation, but will move away from the game's trademark "soft engine" which was essentially used to create player-defined boob-and-ass jiggle physics. Team Ninja are hoping to make DoA 6 a much more painful-looking, down-and-dirty affair.

Shimbori mentions that, when speaking with players at fighting tournament EVO last year, there was still a believed stigma that playing DoA was considered a source of embarrassment due to the game's gravure elements. Thus it has been decided to make a shift from the gals of DoA being less sexy and more badass and cool, in design, clothing and personality.

The new engine will combine realistic textures for skin and clothing with sweat, dirt, tears and other emotional details, the new engine allowing for much more intricate facial animation. For the first time in the series, the faces of the girls (and guys) of DoA will get mucked up in battle, to accurately reflect that "I just took an RKO in a muddy puddle" realism. This is all part of Team Ninja's plan to trademark DoA 6 as "Fierce Fighting Entertainment."

Obviously, the cast of DoA, male and female, will naturally remainsexy, they're a good-looking bunch of guys and gals. I guess Team Ninja are specifically referring to the elements of character portrayal that lean more on the side of gravure modelling, or those ridiculous water-balloon effects. I think the hopes are to make it more about what a bunch of motherfuckers they are, as opposed to the upskirt chicanery, doe-eyed panting when defeated, and "99 Years Old" options.

The other interesting element here, from a business standpoint, is that Team Ninja infamously put out hundreds of dollars worth of DLC for Dead or Alive 5, with a huge chunk of those costumes dedicated to sexy, risque or revealing outfits. If the company truly wish to move away from DoA's said "sex doll" reputation, are they willing to take the hit on all of those glorious DLC dollars to do so? And what does this new attitude mean for the future of DoA Xtreme? Time will tell.
Kwa, post: 8673, member: 6 Wrote:I browse the way and read this Bs...

In an interview with Japanese publication Famistu this week,Dead or Alive producer Yohei Shimbori spoke about some of the upcoming changes to the recently revealed Dead or Alive 6, particularly in terms of how they wish the game to be viewed by audiences.

A new engine will be utilised, which allows for better lighting effects, skin textures and facial animation, but will move away from the game's trademark "soft engine" which was essentially used to create player-defined boob-and-ass jiggle physics. Team Ninja are hoping to make DoA 6 a much more painful-looking, down-and-dirty affair.

Shimbori mentions that, when speaking with players at fighting tournament EVO last year, there was still a believed stigma that playing DoA was considered a source of embarrassment due to the game's gravure elements. Thus it has been decided to make a shift from the gals of DoA being less sexy and more badass and cool, in design, clothing and personality.

The new engine will combine realistic textures for skin and clothing with sweat, dirt, tears and other emotional details, the new engine allowing for much more intricate facial animation. For the first time in the series, the faces of the girls (and guys) of DoA will get mucked up in battle, to accurately reflect that "I just took an RKO in a muddy puddle" realism. This is all part of Team Ninja's plan to trademark DoA 6 as "Fierce Fighting Entertainment."

Obviously, the cast of DoA, male and female, will naturally remainsexy, they're a good-looking bunch of guys and gals. I guess Team Ninja are specifically referring to the elements of character portrayal that lean more on the side of gravure modelling, or those ridiculous water-balloon effects. I think the hopes are to make it more about what a bunch of motherfuckers they are, as opposed to the upskirt chicanery, doe-eyed panting when defeated, and "99 Years Old" options.

The other interesting element here, from a business standpoint, is that Team Ninja infamously put out hundreds of dollars worth of DLC for Dead or Alive 5, with a huge chunk of those costumes dedicated to sexy, risque or revealing outfits. If the company truly wish to move away from DoA's said "sex doll" reputation, are they willing to take the hit on all of those glorious DLC dollars to do so? And what does this new attitude mean for the future of DoA Xtreme? Time will tell.

BOOOOO!
Reducing the jiggy & sex appeal from Dead Or Alive is like reducing/removing the fatalities from Mortal Kombat. And we all saw how well Mortal Kombat vs DC did didn't we.

The western influence in games makes them suck more & more.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

[USER=24]@VSW[/USER]
Yea bruh, it's like the people is trying to make doa more brutally and mature which is stupid, but that idea can be kept and still keep the sexual physic, that's be dope, why get rid of it now after previous doa installments, they on some censored shit which is ass...
Kwa, post: 8679, member: 6 Wrote:[USER=24]@VSW[/USER]
Yea bruh, it's like the people is trying to make doa more brutally and mature which is stupid, but that idea can be kept and still keep the sexual physic, that's be dope, why get rid of it now after previous doa installments, they on some censored shit which is ass...
They reduced or removing it because like 80% of the west, industries rather cater to criticism then the actual fanbase.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

A bunch of punchs, grow up west people, nothing wrong with seeing a lil fanservice, but I don't just play doa cuz of that, I love the gameplay, artwork, creativity, the sexual physic is like a bonus in my opinion, it bring a lil excitement..

Look at soul calibur, when u break a female's armor, what do u see, character fighting in her underwear, no boob giggle, soul calibur can't be altered...
Kwa, post: 8685, member: 6 Wrote:A bunch of punchs, grow up west people, nothing wrong with seeing a lil fanservice, but I don't just play doa cuz of that, I love the gameplay, artwork, creativity, the sexual physic is like a bonus in my opinion, it bring a lil excitement..

Look at soul calibur, when u break a female's armor, what do u see, character fighting in her underwear, no boob giggle, soul calibur can't be altered...

The western industry rather cater towards critics & those who were never interested.
Exactly, why i've lost interest.
It's just another 3D fighting game & there's plenty of them already.

I like when titles expand on aspects they're known for, not reduce them.
I'd say the same thing if Mortal Kombat reduced or removed the fatalities, or any DragonBall game removed Ki & transformations. Soul Calibur removed weapons or fighting rings, DarkSouls adding an easy setting option. StreetFighter removing/reducing supers & special attacks.

No Dead Or Alive doesn't need jiggle physics, Mortal Kombat doesn't need fatalities, StreetFighter doesn't need supers.
But they're there. And they are part of what made those games what they are & known for.

Sure appeal to a wider audience there's nothing wrong with that.
By why remove & reduce aspects, why not expand on what's there & adding new elements instead.

I wouldn't mine certain things removed or changes. But when changes & removals are made not because of an already established following but instead for pleasing critics.
And the more a title alters itself for that reason the more followers lose interest.

And i lose interest because to me that says industry thinks critics & the audience that was never there is more important then the one that is.

The west is always chasing the audience that's not there instead of satisfying the audience it already has.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

This could be a dope installment, but people just baby, I don't know if people had lost interest in this sexy physics, but It always made the game pop..
Oh shit i remember u can even move ur camera when winning a fight in part 5, the people might fuck with that too..
Kwa, post: 8740, member: 6 Wrote:This could be a dope installment, but people just baby, I don't know if people had lost interest in this sexy physics, but It always made the game pop..
Oh shit i remember u can even move ur camera when winning a fight in part 5, the people might fuck with that too..

I'm kinda done with Dead Or Alive, it's catering too much towards gamers wanting just another fighting game.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I'm rarely thinking about this myself in a way, well it's too early i can say the least, although don't take the best shit that doa has to offer, i'mIkinda looking forward to sc6 at the moment..
Tell me why this game was delay until March 1, I swear it ain't a surprise..
Kwa, post: 16979, member: 6 Wrote:Tell me why this game was delay until March 1, I swear it ain't a surprise..
Because of Sony's new virtue signaling policies.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 16981, member: 24 Wrote:Because of Sony's new virtue signaling policies.

After making the previous installment uncensored, and I mean all of part 5, regular, plus, ultimate, and last round, makes part 5 the best so far..

Feel weird for sony to do it like this now, guess I won't be able to see pantsu..lol
Dead or Alive 6 may not have been censoredon the PlayStation 4, but it seems that some censorship has been put in place. While the game isn’t out yet, the Deluxe Demo was available over the weekend, allowing many to dig into the series’ newest entry. It appears that one of Dead or Alive 6’s newest mechanics has been toned down when it comes to three characters.

Marie Rose and Honoka, as well as newcomer NiCO. Something they all share in common is that they are among the youngest characters in the Dead or Alive pantheon of fighters (or at the very least are youthful-looking). Apparently for that reason, Team Ninja decided to modify the “Break Blow” mechanic for these three.

For those unfamiliar, the Break Blow is part of the new Break Gauge mechanic, which, when filled, allows you to perform devastating attacks. Part of these attacks involves the emphasis on the impact they make with your opponent. These are supposed to be hard-hitting attacks, and the developers wanted to show that visibly.

To emphasize this impact, the attacks feature hard-hitting close-ups of the characters’ faces (or sometimes chests) as they get kicked and punched. Some of them can even destroy articles of clothing, with the expected results. However, players have discovered that the aforementioned trio do not get such close-ups when hit.

You can look at a compilation of all the Break Blows here (as captured by Famitsu):

[I]
[I]The decision does make sense, in a way. It’s certainly not the best look to put emphasis on the violence against these younger characters, even in a fighting game. Plus, it doesn’t detract from the experience in any way, as the hits still land hard. This move is in-line with [I]Dead or Alive 6’s
efforts to de-emphasize sexualizing its characters, if only a tad.

Dead or Alive 6 releases on March 1, 2019 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Well this is crazy..[/I][/I][/I]