Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTTPS & ENCRYPT THE INTERNET. Can't Access https sites, Any Help ?
Welp. it looks like i'm going to be frequenting DBZeta for all my DragonBall nonsensical debating from now on since yesterday was my last day on Neo thanks to the encrypt the internet CRAP!
When i say yesterday i mean i was actually in response to a post & i clicked submit & poof. Denied site access.
It wasn't a ban because i got the blank page with this The page cannot be displayed. (80710a06)

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/half-web-n...one-safer/

The HTTPS Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) used on many sites denies access for most devices & web browsers.
Meaning almost any https links won't be seen or won't be able to enter the site at all.

So i'm wondering does anyone know how long before Wicked Ghetto goes https ?

2. I think it was [USER=1]@Redbear[/USER] who mentioned there's a way a site would set up https where it wouldn't be an issue for all devices & browsers ?

3. Is there a way to get access back for any devices & browsers that's been denied access ?
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Well that explains why i can't use wikipedia, GBAtemp, pokecommunity or Neogaf on my PS3 or ipod. All of witch just started showing error code (80710a06) very recently.
I too would like to know if there's away to regain access to these websites or if there's a work around for this bullshit encryption.
Wicked ghetto, goes https, hard to say..
I discovered this ever since I couldn't access sendspace on ps3 and SSL bullshit on psp, browser for 7th gen is out of date these days i believe.
Can't even access Wikipedia, what kind of shit is that. Vita browser is dope, runs smooth.etc, 7th gen is not the same anymore....
[Image: XSevenK.png]
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Loops Mctwist, post: 14887, member: 102 Wrote:Well that explains why i can't use wikipedia, GBAtemp, pokecommunity or Neogaf on my PS3 or ipod. All of witch just started showing error code (80710a06) very recently.
I too would like to know if there's away to regain access to these websites or if there's a work around for this bullshit encryption.
Wikipedia stopped supporting particular browser types for some stupid reason awhile back.
They just said NOPE.
I don't know why, why encrypt a general information page.

What other devices you can't access https with?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14917, member: 24 Wrote:Wikipedia stopped supporting particular browser types for some stupid reason awhile back.
They just said NOPE.
I don't know why, why encrypt a general information page.

What other devices you can't access https with?
Well my psp obviously and an old laptop from like 2002 that can't access some https, like i can use wikipedia but can't access Neogaf. Witch might be do to how outdated the laptop is and not directly by https encryption, but could also be both.
My other laptop doesn't have any problems with https websites and nether does my desktop, but i barely use either of them. Mostly cause they suck when it comes to gaming and i that prefer consoles.
HTTPS sites not opening in any browser
You should not take any further action unless or until you ensure that the problem belongs to you and not the site owner. For that, you need to open multiple websites having HTTPS in the permalink. If all the HTTPS sites are not opening in your regular browser – but they are opening in other web browsers, that means you need to solve your problem.

1] Change time

This is the most common fix if you are unable to open HTTPS websites. By changing the date and time, you can fix this issue within moments. To change date and time in Windows 10, open Settings panel by pressing Win + I button. Select Time & language > Date & time. Next, click the Time zone drop-down menu, and select a different time zone other than selected one. Now, try to open any HTTPS site that was showing error.

2] Clear SSL cache

[Image: HTTPS-sites-are-not-opening-in-Google-Ch...rror-2.png]

Although it should not be an issue, sometimes this can create problems. You need to clear the SSL cache. You can do that from Internet Options page > Content tab. On that page, you will find an option called Clear SSL state. Click on it.

3] Verify SSL certificates

[Image: HTTPS-sites-are-not-opening-in-Google-Ch...rror-1.png]

If you have tried the above suggestions, but the problem is still there, you may need to test the SSL certificate. To do this, head over to this website, and enter the whole URL of the site which displays the Privacy Error. If it displays all green ticks, that implies the site’s SSL certificate is fine, and only you are getting the problem. However, if you find any red crosses, it means you cannot fix that problem, and the site admin needs to take action.

4] Flush DNS Cache

Open a Command Prompt window and run the following command to flush the DNS cache:

ipconfig /flushdns
Does this help?

5] Disable VPN

I installed ProtonVPN, which seems to be a reliable VPN software for Windows. But I started receiving this issue after installing the VPN. So if you are using a VPN software, disable and see if it helps.

6] Reset or Reinstall the browser

If you have started getting this Privacy Error message in Google Chrome, you can try to reset the browser first. Here are some links that may help you – Reset Chrome browser | Reset Internet Explorer | Reset Firefox. If that doesn’t solve the issue, you may need to reinstall the browser.

Hope something here help you in resolving the problem.
[USER=1]@Redbear[/USER]

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT, THANK YOU.
Asking for help & getting actual help & not some sarcastic replies or nonsense.
A straight up it's either this & i can help as much as possible & explain as understandable as i can, or try this & that.

I haven't tried your suggestions yet but Thank You For Sure!
A request, could you sticky this thread ?
As it maybe can help others, PSPGhetto had an issue with https when sites started going https.
Download links couldn't be accessed by some devices & no one knew why.

Also can i copy & post your suggestions on different forums linking back here to you as the source ?

I'm going to try a few suggestions now.

Okay i checked 3 different https sites.
Neo gets all green
My two forums Blue Eclipse & Blue Amethyst gets all green too, but i can access them both but not Neo.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 14990, member: 24 Wrote:[USER=1]@Redbear[/USER]

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT, THANK YOU.
Asking for help & getting actual help & not some sarcastic replies or nonsense.
A straight up it's either this & i can help as much as possible & explain as understandable as i can, or try this & that.

I haven't tried your suggestions yet but Thank You For Sure!

A request, could you sticky this thread ?
(DONE)

As it maybe can help others, PSPGhetto had an issue with https when sites started going https.
Download links couldn't be accessed by some devices & no one knew why.

Also can i copy & post your suggestions on different forums linking back here to you as the source ?
(Sure)

Source of the article is:
Code:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/https-sites-are-not-opening-browser

I'm going to try a few suggestions now.

Okay i checked 3 different https sites.
Neo gets all green
My two forums Blue Eclipse & Blue Amethyst gets all green too, but i can access them both but not Neo.

Glad some of that worked,
now if only I can find a dirty trick for the PS3 browser.
source :
Code:
https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3/The-PlayStation-3-Internet-Browser-Thread/td-p/15167041/page/15

The PlayStation 3 Internet Browser Thread

Options

312 Replies 28,625 Views Created 22-02-2012
If you like the idea of browsing the Internet with your PS3 (an "IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING" bullet point), or you don't have a PC / Mac or iPad / Android tablet (or they're out of action), in this thread you will hopefully find all the latest news and tips on a potentially great PS3 feature.

Overall, the new WebKit based browser, which Sony introduced with Firmware 4.10, is a significant improvement over the original NetFront browser as it displays most of today's web sites with much greater accuracy, even if performance is below par for a console of the PS3's power. Hopefully, this is just the start and over the coming weeks Sony will address the various issues, such as the occasional hanging when clicking links and improve usage with the PS3 remote (a great feature), as this has gone backwards (less accurate).

I will of course post any new findings I have, but I hope this thread becomes a one stop shop for browser tips and news etc.

Usage Guide

• To reduce the height of the address and status bars to a single line on a HD (720p, 1080i and 1080p) TV, press the Triangle button and select Tools, Display Area, Full Pixel from the menu.

• Bookmark your favourite pages by pressing Select and then X or Enter to select the "[Add to Bookmarks]" option.

• To zoom into an area of the page, optionally move the cursor to the desired area and press R3. Then if necessary adjust the zoom with R2 (zoom in) and L2 (zoom out). To exit zoom, press R3 or Circle.

• To open a link in a new window, hold down the X or Enter button on the link (saves having to re-load the original page, where you are likely to click another link (e.g. news article) on the original page). To close the new window and therefore return to the original window, press L3, Triangle and select Close Window from the menu. To move between opened windows, use the L2 and R2 buttons (exit zoom if necessary) or press L3 and cursor to the desired window and press X or Enter.

• To save a picture to the hard disk or other storage, position the cursor on the image, press the Triangle button and select File, Save Image from the menu.

• To save a video or music file, presently you may be able to just click the associated link, however, Sony will hopefully re-instate the ability to stream certain video and music files, in which case, you will need to position the cursor on the link, press Triangle and select File, Save Target from the menu.

• To copy a block of text to the clipboard using the PS3 controller move the cursor to start or end of the text and hold down the X button and move the cursor to highlight the desired text, release the X button and select Copy from the popup menu. If the text includes a link, ensure you initially position the cursor beyond the link, otherwise you'll end up clicking the link. Once you've copied the text, you can then paste the text by displaying the text entry dialog (for a text box etc) and clicking the button in the bottom right corner of the dialog. To copy the address of a link, position the cursor on the link and press Triangle and select File, Copy Address of This Link from the menu.

• The fastest way to enter text with the on-screen text entry dialog (with a bit of practise) is to switch to the phone style layout (click the keypad type button at the bottom of the dialog) . To delete all the text in a text box, press the Square and L1 buttons together. To enter several digits in a number, press Select twice, to display a numeric keypad (this keypad could do with a dot '.' key, for entering decimal values).

• If some web sites are causing the browser to repeatedly hang (cursor stops moving) and you end up having to press the power button on the front of the console to power down the console (don't turn it off at the mains), try turning off JavaScript by pressing Triangle and selecting Tools, JavaScript, Off from the menu and re-visiting the sites. This indicates there is an issue with JavaScript, however you can also cause the browser to hang by simply clicking a link (see Browser issues below).

Key Web Sites

• Google Search - UK, US. Essentially looks and operates fine.

If Sony revert to the standard way web page elements (text box, button, link etc) receive focus, you could most likely use the "query prediction" feature (on closing PS3's text entry dialog).

• Official PlayStation Forum (EU) - PS3 General Discussion. Well, "blow me down with a feather", the presentation of the forum is now spot on and we can post and edit messages.

HOWEVER, you'll want to avoid adding emoticons as these DELETE THE MESSAGE YOU"VE JUST SPENT HALF AN HOUR ENTERING (not me personally, but this could result in some seriously peeved PS3 users). Also, spellcheck isn't working.

• Official PlayStation Forum (US) - PS3 General Discussion. Presentation is also spot on, if rather slow.

As with EU site, adding emoticons DELETES YOUR NEW MESSAGE (avoid). Also you get an error message when posting a message, even though the message is actually posted o.k.

• Hotmail (Windows Live Mail). On entering a correct id / password the site ends up in a continuous loop, which eventually results in an error page. Turning off JavaScript is not an option as the site requires it.

The mobile site, mobile.live.com/hm still works fine.

• YouTube. Apart from one glaring omission, YouTube is transformed by the new browser and looks and operates just as well as your favourite desktop browser (performance aside). You can even reply to an individual video comment! The glaring omission? Video playback is still porridge (240p - half DVD resolution) - I know this probably isn't the browser's fault, but even so!

At some point you may end up on the very basic YouTube XL site, instead of the standard YouTube site. To get back to the standard site, click the yellow "View Standard Version" link, in the bottom left corner of the page.

The YouTube Charts page highlights one issue with the browser; it has trouble handling large numbers of images and displays the missing image icon for some of the images.

If the poor video quality is a deal breaker for you (you've got a monster TV), there's the 3rd party and PS3 specific PS3YouTube.com and if you want to use them in combination, you might want to try PS3 Bookmarklet (my contribution to the cause - refresh issue no longer an issue - yay!).

• Wikipedia. This is much improved and the slightly larger font means, in the zoomed state (press R3 and hold down L2 to un-zoom, as far as possible), you can read the articles from your sofa without having to horizontally scroll page..

You may find the site defaults unnecessarily to the mobile version (perhaps Sony could ask Wikipedia to change this). To prevent this, click the "Permanently disable mobile site" link at the bottom of the Wikipedia page.

• Facebook. I don't use Facebook - anyone else given this a good try in the PS3 browser?
Browser Issues in Firmware 4.11

• Sometimes when you click a link the browser "locks up" and you can't move the cursor for several minutes (it will normally recover). During this time you can switch to a another (open) window (R2 / L2) and change the settings in the browser menu (press Triangle etc), but zoom doesn't work (R3 etc). If you exit the browser during the lockup, it will remain locked until the few minutes are up.

I even had this occur in the following scenario: exited NetFlix app, loaded browser with Google.com as my Home page, changed to Netflix.com, which displayed "Trial offer" page and finally cursored to and clicked "Member Log In" link (using PS3 remote) - locked. Waited for it to recover and it didn't do it again (logged out and tried clicking link again)... I've also had this on the BBC News web site and today on the US PS3 Forum, i.e. not specific to a web site etc.

I'm speculating this might occur where you click a link while the browser is still updating the page (for "hover" styles).

• On clicking an Adobe Flash object (video player, game etc), the object no longer receives control of the D-Pad keys, which breaks any object that requires cursor key input, such as some Flash games and the video player for YouTube XL (can no longer use the cursor keys to navigate the video player controls (Rewind, Full screen etc)).

• The "focus" model used by the new browser is a retrograde step. Previously, with the NetFront browser and desktop browsers, all HTML input elements (text box, drop down list, etc), buttons and links could be programmatically given focus by calling their associated "focus" method. In NetFront this would move the cursor to the text box etc, so it could be clicked.

Currently, when the "focus" method is called for text boxes (doesn't even work for links or properly for other elements) the browser automatically displays the text entry dialog, which is not always desirable as quite often you want to see the form etc, before you start entering text. Sony probably asked Google to stop setting focus to the text box on the Google home page for this very reason, where as before the cursor would desirably moved to the text box, ready to be clicked. This is especially important for data entry forms where a text box may not be the first input field (may be a radio button etc).

My strong recommendation here is to revert to original model where you can programmatically set focus to all appropriate elements (text box, radio button, link, button etc) and this just moves the cursor to the element (doesn't open text entry dialog etc).

• Support for the "target" link attribute is only half implemented. Where you click a link where the web site has indicated the content should be loaded in a named separate window (as specified by the attribute), the browser currently opens a new window for the first link clicked, however, for the second link it opens an additional window instead of loading the content in the first new window (as with desktop browsers and the original NetFront browser).

• When entering a password the text cursor is shown in the wrong position (before the last character entered). This doesn't effect password entry but it is a little disconcerting.

• The cursor navigation routine appears to have been written from scratch without paying attention to the original programming logic (for NetFront), which wasn't bad. Presently, it's significantly less accurate (doesn't always jump to the intended element). For example, on the YouTube my_subscriptions page (must be logged in to use this), you have great trouble getting from the thumbnail check boxes to the thumbnail image links (jumps to the next checkbox, I fix this in the bookarklet). This is possibly related to the unnecessary "float: left" style YouTube uses for the grid entries. Also, doesn't work properly for the menu used on the YouTube Charts page.

To allow for popup menus and prompts etc, I would recommend that the routine ignores elements (links, buttons etc) under popup elements (e.g. a DIV on a different level (zIndex)), where the popup element contains clickable elements (links, input elements etc). Presently nothing is ignored (NetFront ignored links below popup). If the popup element just contains information (text), such as a tooltip or YouTube's HoverCard's (show movie / show information), it should be ignored, so for example, you can cursor to the element (video thumbnail etc) under the popup.

If this is perfected, this could be one of the best ways (simple to use and a D-Pad costs peanuts to manufacture) to navigate a web site on a TV (compared to using a touch pad etc). For perfection it needs to be fast and it should recognize elements that aren't normally clickage, such as a SPAN or link without an address, but have been assigned a "click" handler (NetFront didn't support this).
Also found this, but no positives on it yet,

here is the solution

1.Go to the Network Settings

2. Go Internet Connection settings

3.select custom

4.you can either Select wireless or wired which ever you prefer

5.select auto-detect

6. IP address Setting select Automatic

7. DHCP host name. Do Not Set

8. (Here is the Main one) DNS Setting - Select Manual

9 Primary DNS 23. 21.182. 24

Secondary DNS 69. 42. 56. 54

10. The rest is automatic (MTU, Proxy Server, UPnP-[Enable]

11. Press x and it should work from there

This is all from my ps3 and for ps4 is the same thing just put DNS primary and secondary code in and you'll be able to access your PSN. I hope this really helps out to you all having trouble with the Error Code 80710A6 and 8071053D
It worked on my older laptop, so if i get the same error on my desktop or other laptop i know what to do, thanks.

Now i'm going to try the PS3 solution.

edit: tried the dns numbers but wouldn't connect to the enternet with those, but still thanks for the help.
[USER=1]@Redbear[/USER]
Thank You for the info, it will help alot.

The PS3YouTube.com was great but it doesn't exist anymore cause a few years back Youtube changed whatever & the PS3Youtube created couldn't get it to work & didn't bother anymore anyway since the PS4 was out.

2. I tried the DNS thing & it didn't work.
It would grab the IP but that was it.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Thanks for trying them out VSW & Loops,
good to know what really works and what dont.
A little side rant about obsolete outdated browsers & websites.
OMG I freaking HATE websites & them claiming your browser is outdated.
That's BS total BS because in general many websites they keep adding junk to the website.

Any browser with java script is not only loading the website itself but ALL THE FLASH GARBAGE with it.
All the freaking unnecessary so-called fancy flash features, to the ads, anything ANYTHING that has little to nothing to do with posting text, images, or videos, ALL THAT extra activity is a pain in the butt to load & is the main reason why browsers go obsolete.

I just realised that using my 360 browser.
I switch of my PS3 java script & run circles around my 360 browser loading the same websites.
The 360 browser lags & has trouble because of that extra flash activity.

I do not believe it's cause certain browsers are obsolete, it's because they can't load up unnecessary stupid extra activity.

It's like adding shiny paint, window stickers, subwoofers, 28inch rims, a fingerprint lock, & push start engine, to a porsche then claiming 50yr old drivers are too old to handle that type of car all the while that extra crap has little to nothing to do with driving.

The https & lets upgrade the internet trend is BS.
Where's the Lets not unnecessary over saturate websites cause.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Redbear, post: 15092, member: 1 Wrote:Thanks for trying them out VSW & Loops,
good to know what really works and what dont.
It could be a router setting?

I tried the DNS numbers & couldn't get a connection, i'm using the 208.67.222.222 DNS numbers now & i've tried the google numbers too.
The 1.1.1.1

No luck with either.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

well then that method is worthless...
Anyone try this little trick?
The solution is to just use a proxy site, this is a good one, https://kproxy.com just copy the web address and paste it into the bar and voila it'll work just like before.
In fact this will work for almost any web address where you get the blank screen with the message at the top saying The page cannot be displayed. (80710a06) when using the PS3 browser.
Redbear, post: 15102, member: 1 Wrote:Anyone try this little trick?
The solution is to just use a proxy site, this is a good one, https://kproxy.com just copy the web address and paste it into the bar and voila it'll work just like before.
In fact this will work for almost any web address where you get the blank screen with the message at the top saying The page cannot be displayed. (80710a06) when using the PS3 browser.
I was wondering about using a proxy.

Guess what.
I can access Neo again, https & all.
SO it's something they did on their end.
The Verify SSL certificates you posted they kept popping up green but i couldn't access it till today & I did nothing on my end.

So it's something on their end that stopped particular browsers.

I'm going to keep trying with other https sites i can't access, i'm still looking for a solution on my end that could help others in this situation.

Please post any possible solutions if you find any cause 80710a06 is a problem & https seems an issue on other devices too.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Redbear, post: 15102, member: 1 Wrote:Anyone try this little trick?

Tried using a proxy on PS3 after reading about it on Gamefaqs a few days ago, but it didn't work.
I guess the PS3 web browsers just to outdated for certain sites.
Loops Mctwist, post: 15143, member: 102 Wrote:Tried using a proxy on PS3 after reading about it on Gamefaqs a few days ago, but it didn't work.
I guess the PS3 web browsers just to outdated for certain sites.
There are some that work with the PS3, i've used a few awhile ago i just don't remember.

Also the PS3 itself has a proxy setting.

Configuring your PS3 to use a proxy

Internet Connection Settings (advanced settings)
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.