Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its my Birthday and its not the one you think !
Whooo Haaaa

I have been walking a sober path for 23 years now,and early October is my sobriety birthday,
the beginning of my sobriety I went to 3 months of every-day's worth,and found every hall had the same stories and the same type of coffee,yet I found the tools I needed to stay sober and I have used them often.
Most don't know this but my wife has been very supportive, she who is not a alcoholic like I, has not had any alcohol either during our union, so without her by my side it would have been a more difficult path.
Truly I can understand the anonymous part..most people are afraid of others knowing that they have an awful disease,are ashamed they are not perfect,so they hide behind their meetings and puff themselves up about it,
with some,I do understand the need for anonymity,as there are jobs out there that make issues out of it,and of course there are the gossip whores that have nothing better to do than rack someones past for all to see and make miserable issues out of it.
But I am proud of my sobriety,I have worked my butt off to get where I am,and I will keep working to get to where I am going..
I will tell everyone that I am a violent drunk..I made severely ignorant decisions,and I did dangerous things,
Because of my alcoholism I served alot of time in jail and was almost sentenced to ten years in prison, i am a passive/aggressive and a petty person,so im pretty sure you understand how this went..
but all in all I survived it,and here I am with a terrific wife who loves me and supports me,my Son, and Daughter along with the other kids of ours have seen the trials I have to go thru to do what I need to do..and the pain that goes with it,and they have supported me and learned from my admissions. I also consider myself fortunate and lucky to have some friends of the same cloth..

It feels weird looking back on my past of how I was,
Thank You All for helping be a part of this journey.
I'm happy for you bruh, the things that u did in the past, people I know is still doing it now.
This can help me in a way, I have to watch out, but I know not to deal with people that know how to fuck up...
I think this is one reason why people ask for money...
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Thank you,
I'm glad it helps, I know I've survived alot of stupid shit because of a angel on my shoulder, I honestly hope the trials in your life are less painful.
Congratulations that's not a easy thing to do alone. Here's to 23 more years of being sober.
Redbear, post: 12185, member: 1 Wrote:Thank you,
I'm glad it helps, I know I've survived alot of stupid shit because of a angel on my shoulder, I honestly hope the trials in your life are less painful.
I'll say this bruh, i'll drink wine coolers more thank drinking the heavy stuff..lol, i like flavor. I don't even smoke, not even a cigarette, it's just not me, selling bullshit crack ain't me, people can ask me "wanna hit this" answer gonna be "no"...