Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony End Production of PS Vita Physical game cards
Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.
[Image: XSevenK.png]
The Nintendo Switch may have revolutionized portable consoles but it wasn’t the first in that category. That same promise of “console gaming on the go” was made by the Sony PlayStation Vita around 6 years ago. Unlike the Switch, however, the PS Vita failed to woo gamers and developers alike, particularly in Western markets. Now it seems that the writing on the wall has appeared for the PS Vita with Sony confirming that the production of physical games for the portable console is being laid to rest.

If the Wii U was Nintendo’s flop, the PS Vita was Sony’s. Although it gathered a steady stream of gamers in its home country, the console on the go didn’t amass as much attention in North America and Europe. Part of that was blamed on Sony’s use of a proprietary memory card that could only be used on the PS Vita, pushing the total cost of ownership unreasonably higher.
This is what i dislike about Sony.
Anything not the main console & they'll lose interest quick.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
I find the vita a nice handheld console, I'm playing good as games for it, i think sony gave up 2 easy, not trying to add more support..
Starting new year new release just gonna be digital, i don't do digital like that, more money, more space...
Kwa, post: 7706, member: 6 Wrote:I find the vita a nice handheld console, I'm playing good as games for it, i think sony gave up 2 easy, not trying to add more support..
Starting new year new release just gonna be digital, i don't do digital like that, more money, more space...
I never had a PSVita but i think it's nice too, i agree Sony gave up on it far too easily cause just like the PSP it has potential.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Oh yeah, the psp had so much potential, huge library of titles, and if u know how to get other stuff on a memory card, it's a handy device.
I discovered forums 2009-2010, and started Downloading, good experience, thanks too people like y'all.
[USER=24]@VSW[/USER]
The PS Vita, dope handheld, good game experience. I'll say a PS Vita can boost your trophies collection..lol, every title will have a trophie set period, can play online if u find a match, alsoi
ad hoc, I once played "Freedom Wars" online, game is dope, u can create a chat party with Vita, just need speaker earphones, like $5 pairs if possible, play psp games(DD Only), Download music, etc..
A memory is needed to play games though, PS Vita perform instant install once u insert a pic game card..
Graphics ain't bad..
[USER=24]@VSW[/USER]
I feel kinda upset though, I'm late is hell with the Vita, when that handheld first got release, it was $250 alone, with WiFi $300+, even memory cards was robbery, all that was PS3 money..
Couldn't rely on parents, can't always get what you want unless u work for it.
I start playing the Vita late 2017 until now, very upsetting, I build up quite a collection though. I focused on action rpg, racing, fighting, shooting, adventure, anime type, depending on battle system, I just avoid visual novel, puzzle/strategy, tactical rp.
You can always compare trophies with my psn to see some psn I have, than again, since this is happening, it made me so late..
Did some reaching..

Bloodstained ritual of the night
13 sentinel aegis rim
Muv Luv/Muv Luv Alternative
Omega Labyrinth z
7'scarter
Psychedelic of the ashen hawk
Psychedelic of the black butterflies
These are some of the games that will be physical and digital releases, in the West regions.

Physical production will still continue in Japan, they always get the good shit...
I heard Sony hasn't given up on the PSVita yet.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

The vita itself is not dying yet..
Just those game card.
This is the final year for new PS vita physical games..
I'm hoping for the following..
. Catherine Full Body
.Bloodstained ritual of the Night
. METAL MAX XENO
Any of this games comes out physically, I'm thinking about getting.

There's also Muv Luv and omega Labyrinth z but i have no interest in those cuz of gameplay, and 1 available for pre order, visual novel not into those, and I started playing dungeon crawling type(2 games) not bad..
The fucked up thing about this is Japan, they lucky, physical production will continue on there, they get the good shit..
I wanna try that new "Bullet Girls" game...
If the death knell of the PS Vita hadn’t been sounded loud enough before, Sony just told the friar to climb the bell tower and ring it out once more. The hardware manufacturer emailed game developers today to let them know that they “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” in both Europe and America. This means that no more PS Vita physical games will be produced after March 2019.

Kotaku reached out to Sony after getting their hands on the email, and Sony confirmed that they would be ceasing development of physical game cartridges for the portable system that’s already hanging onto life by a thread. If you want to get any physical Vita cards for your collection, now is the time to buy.

Sony set a deadline of June 28, 2018 for all product code requests, with a February 15, 2019 cutoff for final purchase orders. Of course, not many brand new PS Vita games are being produced these days, but this will also mean that older games won’t get any refreshed inventory at retailers. The digital storefront for Vita games will remain online for the time being.

The dying portable originally launched back in 2012. Six years old from a technology standpoint is quite impressive, especially for a piece of hardware that lost major support rather quickly. A series of missteps with the handheld console made it largely inaccessible and expensive, even if it was ahead of its time (a look back on the Vita is grounds for a whole article of its own).

This is everywhere on Google, and it's sad
It's rarely any physical Ps Vita releases in 2018, except some visual novels, any of genre type could be digital only, u never know i guess, at least 1 or 2 physical release would be nice before 2019 even if it was rpg, action or whatever, March 2019 physical production official, feels like it did already. Japan is lucky, physical production will continue in that region...
VSW, post: 8316, member: 24 Wrote:I heard Sony hasn't given up on the PSVita yet.

Theres talk of a digital only Vita,with the OLED screen,coming out in Japan sometime in the next few years
necrobaron75, post: 10387, member: 11 Wrote:Theres talk of a digital only Vita,with the OLED screen,coming out in Japan sometime in the next few years
Yea but it sucks it's only in japan & sucks cause it's digital only.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

A digital only vita, u mean like how psp go was invented, they wanna do the same for the vita, ehhh that's crazy, Digital games already cause more than getting them physical these days.
Until 2019, there's only a few physical and digital games that came out this year, and some upcoming titles, not to many, got until March 2019..