Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWITCH BANNED IN THE US!?
US Could Block Nintendo Switch Shipments Over Patent Investigation

In August 2017, a tablet manufacturer named Gamevice made headlines when it sued Nintendo over the Switch controller design. Gamevice had previously filed a patent for a tablet with detachable controllers and it accused the Switch maker of infringing on this. According to court records, Gamevice chose to voluntarily drop its lawsuit against Nintendo in October 2017, but it seems that the issues between the two companies have yet to be fully resolved.

The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) has now announced that it will be investigating Nintendo in regards to “certain portable gaming console systems with attachable handheld controllers and components thereof.” The investigation is a direct result of the Gamevice complaint, explains the USITC, which adds that Gamevice has asked for a “limited exclusion order and cease and desist orders” on the Nintendo Switch.

The USITC has not yet made a decision but plans to “make a final determination in the investigation at the earliest practicable time,” aiming to complete it within 45 days. If the USITC decides to side with Gamevice and grants those cease and desist orders, this could mean that Nintendo has to stop stelling the Nintendo Switch in the United States. The console is hugely popular in the US – it experienced stock shortages for most of 2017 – so this decision would prove massively disappointing for those yet to get their hands on one.

If Nintendo is found to have infringed on Gamevice’s patent, another outcome is that the Nintendo Switch creator will have to pay Gamevice royalties. The court could force Nintendo to pay Gamevice a certain percentage of the revenue that it makes from the Nintendo Switch, a decision which would allow Nintendo to keep selling the console in the United States. Given that Nintendo expects the Switch to sell 20 million units during this fiscal year alone, Gamevice potentially stands to make a lot of money.

Nintendo has yet to comment on the USITC’s announcement, but the company is no stranger to accusations of patent infringement. The company has had to defend many aspects of its business, ranging from the use of name Donkey Kong, the 3D camera technology used in the Nintendo 3DS, the multiple screens on the Nintendo DS, and it also reached an agreement with Philips after it aimed to ban Wii U sales over patent infringement. So whatever decision the USITC comes up with, fans can expect the company to fight hard to keep selling the Nintendo Switch in the United States.

CLICK HERE For MORE
C(:
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
That's bullshit .What the hell does this mean, it sounds like even gamestop can't even get shipment for Nintendo switch, and people will be out of luck unless u can find on in a bu-legged store or whatever, unless this situation gets resolved..
Damn, i know I will be off topic about saying it but i wish vita wasn't given up so easily in a way...
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Kwa, post: 7314, member: 6 Wrote:That's bullshit .What the hell does this mean, it sounds like even gamestop can't even get shipment for Nintendo switch, and people will be out of luck unless u can find on in a bu-legged store or whatever, unless this situation gets resolved..
Damn, i know I will be off topic about saying it but i wish vita wasn't given up so easily in a way...
Yeah it seems consoles are having trouble now.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Man, that's crazy.
Damn this USITC ain't playing, big disaster for Nintendo, PS didn't had a problem like this I believe. This Nintendo Switch is like a tablet, a mini screen for gaming, I think it can be use for big screen too idk, I been rarely playing Nintendo this past few years..
Other regions are lucky though..
this was never gonna go anywhere, game vice is nothing but a patent troll, most of their products suck.. all they were wanting to do was milk Nintendo and get some money off a patent they made that Vaguely looks like Nintendo's joy-cons.

the controllers Game vice makes slot on or in tablets and cannot be used in a wireless mode. Nintendo's joy-con controllers use Bluetooth and use Pins on the inside of a rail to charge and slot onto a switch to be used in portable mode and are wireless.

if game-vice did win, this would create a Big stink, think about it. the massive shitstorm that would unfold...

i could just imagine it,all the headlines read: The courts side with GAMEVICE and find NINTENDO IN FAULT OF PATENT INFRINGEMENT (GAMEVICE VS NINTENDO)

this would never have worked, and even if it did, game-vice would be laughed out of existence, their company would have been getting alot of bad press, and this would have likely damaged Nintendo's bottom line alot (remember the dumpster fire "wii u"?) game vice would have been panned by most people who play video-games in the first place, most of these laws that were written do hold a purpose but some need to be fixed, too bad only dumb boomers who don't understand how tech works, and can't open a email, (yes these are the people we have in power of the upper end of our court systems) , that means that their antics will go unchallenged until people finally replace them.

i'm glad that nintendo won this ridiculous and groundless case of Blatent patent trolling and showed that stupid "game-vice" its place in the trash!