Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony's Removal for PS3 and PS Vita Owners
PS3 AND VITA STORES ARE REMOVING CREDIT/DEBIT CARD AND PAYPAL PAYMENT OPTIONS
CUSTOMERS WILL NEED TO TOP UP THEIR PLAYSTATION STORE WALLETS TO MAKE PURCHASES

By Tom Ivan
3 days ago

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced plans to limit the number of ways customers can pay for content on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita consoles.

Beginning on October 27, customers will no longer be able to use a credit or debit card, or PayPal, to buy digital content or top up their PlayStation Store wallet directly from their PS3 or Vita.

Instead, to continue purchasing content from the respective PlayStation Stores, users will need to use a desktop computer, mobile device, PS4 or PS5.

From October 27, players will still be able to buy DLC from in-game stores but will need to do so using wallet funds.

PlayStation 5 September Showcase - Opening Sizzle

VGC on YouTube

PlayStation Store gift cards, product vouchers and subscription vouchers will still work on both PS3 and Vita.

“To buy digital content for your PS3 console or PS Vita system, you must first add sufficient funds to your wallet on PlayStation Store,” Sony explained.

“You can add funds by redeeming a PlayStation Store gift card, using a credit or debit card, PayPal, or other available payment methods via a desktop computer, mobile device, a PS4 console or a PS5 console.”

As noted by Siliconera, in Japan, purchasing age-restricted games on PS3 and Vita will no longer be possible after the update as buying products with a CERO Z rating on digital platforms requires a credit card to verify the customer’s age.
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Them dirty rotten sumbitches,
Always gotta mess with things and screw it up for certain clientele.
Factz!!, Sad Sad
many people are mad about this.
No more debit/credit payments for Vita and PS3 digital stores, gotta get gift cards or add funds using ps4, PS5, mobile, or even PC/Laptop.
Damn, messing with people that only owns Ps3, Vita or even both.
Why.
If it goes to the same store then what's the problem besides Sony forcing Gamers to drop older systems.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
To be honest, I ain't tripping as much over this.
I'll say this, if u got an GameStop account, get that ready to buy voucher codes, go to store In person or Use Amazon if I works for u.
U can add funds to wallet with debit but gotta use mobile or latest systems, that's all.
I can somewhat understand with the PS3, it's heavily outdated and CFW has cracked the system wide open.
This could eventually/possible lead to security issues related to user banking information.
The Vita though,Sony just wants it killed and forgotten.
We can still make purchases,which is better than the stores being shutdown.
Kwa, post: 57364, member: 6 Wrote:To be honest, I ain't tripping as much over this.
I'll say this, if u got an GameStop account, get that ready to buy voucher codes, go to store In person or Use Amazon if I works for u.
U can add funds to wallet with debit but gotta use mobile or latest systems, that's all.
Yea I'm not either cause I never use credit cards online anyway.
It's like using credit cards over the phone.
However it's them removing an option I don't like.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.