Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cartoon Network Moved to Digital Preferred and Preferred Packages

The Cartoon Network moved to the Digital Preferred or Preferred packages* and is no longer available in other packages. Our goal is to always deliver the shows and movies our customers love to watch at the best value possible. With programming costs continuing to rise, moving Cartoon Network allows us to avoid passing these rising costs to customers, while still offering the channel for customers who value it.

The good news is that you can still watch programming like what is found on Cartoon Network, without changing your TV package. By simply saying “Free Kids TV” or “Cartoons” into your Xfinity Voice Remote or searching for “Kids Cartoons” On Demand, you can find a wide variety of cartoons at your fingertips. If you want to watch cartoons for adult audiences on other networks, just say “Animation” into your Voice Remote.

To keep Cartoon Network in your channel lineup, you can upgrade to the Digital Preferred, Preferred or Preferred+ package for just $10 per month for 12 months by visiting xfinity.com/CTN.

With Preferred TV, you’ll get:

Access to the Cartoon Network channel, including Adult Swim.
Tons of great content for kids, from Nick 2, Nick Jr., Nick Music, Disney XD, and more.
80+ networks for lots of communities and interests, including, music, sports, art films, and more.

*Please note that not all packages are available in all areas.

Frequently Asked Questions
Why did you move the Cartoon Network?
Every month, Comcast pays programmers like networks, local TV station owners and others, for the ability to bring their programming to you. We regularly review our programming and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of programming at the best value. We look at a variety of factors, including customer viewership and programming costs when making these decisions. Given this, we moved the Cartoon Network to the Digital Preferred, Preferred or Preferred+ package, to help manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers while continuing to make the channel available to those who want to watch it.

How are you informing your customers of this change?
We let our customers know with a message in their monthly bill statements.

Are you adding any channels to replace Cartoon Network?
No. We’re not getting rid of the Cartoon Network, we just included it in a different Xfinity TV package. You can say “Kids” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to find a collection of all the kids cartoons that are still available for you to watch. To find cartoons for adult audiences, like Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers, or anime content, just say “Animation” into your Voice Remote.

What happens to my scheduled DVR recordings?
On April 13 at 12:01 AM EST, Cartoon Network moved to the Digital Preferred, Preferred or Preferred+ package. If you didn't subscribe to one of these packages at that time, your DVR won’t record any new or future programming on the Cartoon Network, and you can't watch the channel anymore. However, you can still watch anything from the Cartoon Network that you previously recorded.

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: zA6pA3D.png]

[Image: rlkkV0V.png]
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Such freakin crap!
I wondered what happen.
I turn on my TV & no Cartoon Network, no channel by that name even appears on the list.
Xfinity removed it to Preferred & Preferred Packages so those tiny boxes that aren't in your living room don't get it.

Xfinity sucks hard & they know it.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

What if I dont have the Xfinity Voice command, our apartments are not set up for fiber optic, they are old land based co-ax cable,
so that shit right there is unfair to people like me.
Redbear, post: 48889, member: 1 Wrote:What if I dont have the Xfinity Voice command, our apartments are not set up for fiber optic, they are old land based co-ax cable,
so that shit right there is unfair to people like me.
Dude how do you still have Cable then, we were told that we had to upgrade otherwise no cable channels would come in.
We had to go to digital service because Xfinity stopped support for the old box.
You should talk to your landlord & also see where Xfinity stands on supporting that setup where you live.

On the old box nothing is in HD.
You get actual HD programming after they connect the X1 Box & plug in the HDMI cable.
I think Xfinity is jumping on the streaming bandwagon to get more money from people.
Cartoon Network is one channel they removed to Digital Preferred, Preferred or Preferred+ I believe to see how many want it & willing to pay extra for something they once had.

When you upgrade to the Xfinity X1 just a heads up, the voice remote eats batteries like crazy fast.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

S.hit, the he with paying, Cartoon Network ain't even the same anymore, I mean I use an old fashioned fire stick but it's like a small box actually, thisan I work with add some apps, and I got back in time.lol.
[Image: XSevenK.png]
[Image: XSevenK.png]
VSW, post: 48896, member: 24 Wrote:Dude how do you still have Cable then, we were told that we had to upgrade otherwise no cable channels would come in.
We had to go to digital service because Xfinity stopped support for the old box.
You should talk to your landlord & also see where Xfinity stands on supporting that setup where you live.

On the old box nothing is in HD.
You get actual HD programming after they connect the X1 Box & plug in the HDMI cable.
I think Xfinity is jumping on the streaming bandwagon to get more money from people.
Cartoon Network is one channel they removed to Digital Preferred, Preferred or Preferred+ I believe to see how many want it & willing to pay extra for something they once had.

When you upgrade to the Xfinity X1 just a heads up, the voice remote eats batteries like crazy fast.
I have had comcast ( Xfinity )cable since they first came out,
$25.00 a month is what we used to pay,back in the day I used to hook up 5 apartments to my line so they could have cable, and they paid me back with some weed,
now its near $150 for the basic and the on-demand, we have the choice of HD but im not gonna pay $30 xtra a month for it, we are not able to get the X1 because we have the co-axe cable on this side of the complex instead of the fiber optics needed for the new setups, and the owners wont cough up the dough needed to make this side compliant, so were just stuck with the basic stuff.
Redbear, post: 48953, member: 1 Wrote:I have had comcast ( Xfinity )cable since they first came out,
$25.00 a month is what we used to pay,back in the day I used to hook up 5 apartments to my line so they could have cable, and they paid me back with some weed,
now its near $150 for the basic and the on-demand, we have the choice of HD but im not gonna pay $30 xtra a month for it, we are not able to get the X1 because we have the co-axe cable on this side of the complex instead of the fiber optics needed for the new setups, and the owners wont cough up the dough needed to make this side compliant, so were just stuck with the basic stuff.
Yea we have basic, HBO, Internet & Xfinity charges us $250 I think.
Hopefully Xfinity will support your setup but I don't know with them though cause Xfinity rather have cash instead of keeping the costumer happy.
Xfinity removes channels from Basic like no tomorrow.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.