Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CANCEL CULTURE IS RUN BY IDIOTS & ENABLED BY COWARDS.
New York Gov. Cuomo denies reported claims of groping woman
Prominent evangelical Beth Moore steps away from Southern Baptist church

Space Jam 2 (aka Space Jam: A New Legacy) is set to be released on HBO Max in July, and details are starting to emerge about which Looney Tunes will and will not be in the movie sequel. Though characters like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are shoo-ins for the sports comedy, Pepe Le Pew will reportedly not be making an appearance in the film.

a close up of LeBron James wearing a blue shirt: 'Space Jam 2' will feature LeBron James and Tweety – but non Pepé Le Pew.© Warner Bros 'Space Jam 2' will feature LeBron James and Tweety – but non Pepé Le Pew.
A spokesperson for Jane the Virgin actor Greice Santo confirmed to Deadline that the star filmed a scene that was set to feature the animated skunk, but that it will not appear in A New Legacy.

They said, "This was such a big deal for Greice to be in this movie. Even though Pepe is a cartoon character, if anyone was going to slap a sexual harasser like him, Greice wished it would be her. Now the scene is cut, and she doesn't have that power to influence the world through younger generations who'll be watching Space Jam 2, to let younger girls and younger boys know that Pepe's behavior is unacceptable."

The spokesperson in this quote is referring to a scene in which Pepe Le Pew is a bartender who starts kissing her arm, only for her to pour her drink on him and slap him.

This scene comes two years after the actor and singer spoke out about being a victim of sexual harassment and released "Você Você," a song urging women to come forward about sexual predators.

News that the character would not appear in the film came the day after New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow said that the character "added to rape culture."

He followed this up in a thread which said, "RW [right wing] blogs are mad bc I said Pepe Le Pew added to rape culture. Let's see. 1. He grabs/kisses a girl/stranger, repeatedly, w/o consent and against her will. 2. She struggles mightily to get away from him, but he won't release her 3. He locks a door to prevent her from escaping."

Though this quickly led to many on Twitter claiming that the character had been canceled. However, the scene is thought to have been cut out up to a year ago, after initial Space Jam 2 director Terence Nance dropped out and was replaced by Malcolm D. Lee. Deadline, meanwhile, claims that though Santo filmed the scene, Pepe Le Pew was never animated into the segment, and that the first screenings of the film earlier in the year did not include the scene.

If true, this means that headlines that claim he was "cut" or "erased" from the movie are not accurate. Rather, the scene was taken out when the new director decided came in with their own vision for the film—something that, as fellow upcoming HBO Max movie Zack Snyder's Justice League shows, is fairly common practice in Hollywood.

In fact, the character appeared in an official Looney Tunes cartoon as recently as January 2020, when he appeared in Cartoon Network's New Looney Tunes. He has not, however, appeared yet in the HBO Max reboot of the cartoon.

The skunk, who first appeared in the Looney Tunes cartoons in 1945, only made a very brief appearance in the original 1997 Space Jam, in which he can be seen scoring against the Mon-Stars in the final match by using his stench to knock the other team out.

Newsweek has reached out to Warner Bros. for comment and will update this article when we get a response.

Related

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: zA6pA3D.png]

[Image: rlkkV0V.png]

Oh and no no no To Be Clear.
I know Fox News defended Pepe Le Pew & I'm doing the same, BUT NOOOO do not mistake me for some Fox News Right wing voter. OH NO!
I'm someone who don't care for politics in general & can't stand Fox News.
I'm Not a republican either dude.

Now here's my gripe with it.
See here's proof to add to the pot that cancel culture is completely stupid, they demand anything they see as offensive to go, based off some dimwited knee jerk reaction rather than taking the time to put forth some kinda reason & research in an attempt at not missing the Point of the material they deem offensive.

Everyone can be offended by different things, & everyone has a right to their opinions.
No one should be forced into anything, or subjected to content they truly find offensive.
So don't make decisions for me without my consent.

Okay now.
PEPE LE PEW IS A SKUNK YA MORON!
The point was..the entire joke throughout the cartoon shorts is that he is a SKUNK!
The female cat he chased wasn't being sexually harassed by him.
SHE COULDN'T STAND HIS SMELL!

Cancel Culture a bunch of Dumb asses & the freaking WB MORONS who removed Pepe Le Pew because of this are nothing but SPINLESS COWARDS catering more towards a group that probably never were Pepe Le Pew fans to begin with.

Again Dumb asses!
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.