Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPIDERMAN: MILES MORALES
[Image: rlkkV0V.png]

[Image: 3b8ZR3q.gif]
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Coming This Year to PS5
It's official, the follow-up to Marvel's Spider-Man is coming to PS5 this year, and this time Miles Morales is the star of the show.

It’s official. Marvel’s Spider-Man is coming back, but not in the exact same way as before. Starting off Sony’s PS5 game reveal event on a high note is confirmation that the followup to Insomniac Games’ 2018 superhero hit is Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which is coming to the PlayStation 5 later this year.

Like the name suggests, this time around players are ditching the iconic red-and-blue suit of Peter Parker for the black-and-red of fellow Spidey Miles Morales, who, after serving as a side-character in the previous game, is now stepping into the spotlight. This makes for the second time Miles has been put in a starring role outside of the comics, following the popular 2018 film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and something many fans were hoping to see in the sequel to Marvel’s Spider-Man.

Similarly to Spider-Verse, it looks like Spider-Man: Miles Morales will focus on Miles as he sets out to prove himself as both a Spider-Man and a hero. While the announcement trailer doesn’t go into any real detail about how the story will play out (or how Peter will factor into it), it does tease high stakes for the rookie webslinger, as dramatically evidenced by the opening shot of Miles struggling to push back an electric object as it fries his suit and mask.

Gameplay-wise, the game appears to stick closely to Insomniac's established formula, with brief shots showing off a mix of open-world exploration, frenetic combat, and action-packed setpieces similar to what Marvel's Spider-Man had to offer. This time, however, players won’t just have the classic suite of web-based abilities at their disposal, but Miles' unique spider-themed powers as well, which include the ability to camouflage himself and stun enemies with an electric jolt.

Other than that, the trailer doesn’t offer much in the way of additional information to go off of, but back in April there was a hefty rumor regarding the PS5’s Spider-Man game. If it’s to be believed (and it’s worth reminding that this should be taken with a grain of salt), the game will also boast more substantial side-quests, dynamic open-world objectives, and a dynamic weather system, something the trailer’s glimpses of a snow-covered New York City seem to support.

Given the relatively small gap between the game’s announcement and its release, there’s also the question of whether it’s actually a full-on sequel to Marvel’s Spider-Man or simply a standalone expansion (think Uncharted: The Lost Legacy). The aforementioned leak suggested that the next Spidey game would center around Peter Parker and the Venom symbiote instead of Miles, so it’s possible that this new game is being released ahead of a direct sequel coming later on. Whatever the case, fans shouldn’t have to wait long to get an idea of its scale.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be released this holiday season for PS5.

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: dwWKP0I.png]

[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
OMG Bring back Web Of Shadows.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

This is gonna be tight,
wonder if they will follow up with a live action movie??
Redbear, post: 35125, member: 1 Wrote:This is gonna be tight,
wonder if they will follow up with a live action movie??
I have a feeling that's gonna happen soon.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

[Image: 3b8ZR3q.gif]
PS5 File Sizes for Demon's Souls and Spider-Man: Miles Morales Are Big
The file sizes for PlayStation 5 launch titles Demon's Souls and Spider-Man: Miles Morales raise concerns about storage space.

Many prospective PlayStation 5 owners have been preoccupied with price, both for the console and the new console's launch games. $70 for a console game is a significant price increase, after all. But there's perhaps one other finite resource that needs to be considered looking at the PS5's launch. That being the PS5's storage size and the size of its games. That's all the more true now that the PS5's biggest two launch titles, Demon's Souls and Marvel's Spider-Man: Mile Morales, have had their file sizes revealed.

Needless to say, both PS5 games' file sizes are big. That's with comparison to the average PS4 game's file size and with regards to how much storage space the PS5 has. Demon's Souls, for instance, has a file size of 66 GB. Spider-Man: Miles Morales is somewhat less, at 50 GB. However, those planning to buy the Ultimate Launch Edition of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which includes both the base game and the new Miles Morales game, will be using up 105 total GB. That's an absolutely massive amount of space.

For comparison's sake, the average PS4 game is around 40 GB, with most games between 30 and 50 GB. That's not to say there aren't massive PS4 games, though. Modern Warfare alone can be more than 175 GB. A better comparison might be Uncharted 4, which is 63 GB. But the important takeaway is that launch titles for PS5 are already as big or bigger than PS4 games. And there's a good chance they'll only get bigger over the coming years.

The reason why file sizes are becoming such a pressing issue is due to the introduction of the PS5 Digital Edition. This console doesn't have a disc drive, so games must be downloaded and stored on the PS5's SSD in their entirety. The PS5 Digital Edition features just 825 GB of storage on its internal SSD. That means it'll only hold around 12 or 13 games the size of Demon's Souls, or less than 10 games the size of the Ultimate Edition of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Sony has previously confirmed that the PS5 allows for expandable storage. Still, it takes away from the perceived savings of the lower-priced PS5 Digital Edition if buyers need to later purchase a hard drive. And that's saying nothing about how frustrating it'll be having to deal with storage management on the PS5.

Needless to say, PS5 gamers will have to continue paying attention to file sizes for the games they buy for the platform in the future. Many PS5 owners may never fill up the console's 825 GB SSD, or will be entirely comfortable deleting games as necessary to keep room available. It'll be interesting to see whether the PS5's SSD size becomes a more pressing issue in the months and years to come.

The PS5 releases November 12.

No Free Upgrade for Spider-Man PS5 Remaster
Sony confirms that players who own Spider-Man on the PlayStation 4 can not upgrade to the new PlayStation 5 remastered version.

There has been a string of disappointing news regarding the Ultimate Edition of Spider-Man: Miles Morales since the bundle was announced to include a remastered PlayStation 5 version of 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man. Today, Sony confirmed more bad news as fans who already own Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 will not be able to upgrade to the remastered version without buying it again.

In a statement to Kotaku, Sony confirmed that fans who own Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 have no way of upgrading to the remastered version on the PlayStation 5. The only way to get Spider-Man: Remastered is to buy the Ultimate Edition of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which costs $69.99. Sony does clarify that Marvel's Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 will be backward compatible with the PlayStation 5 but will not be the upgraded version.

Sony also confirmed in its statement that there will be no digital standalone option for Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered, making the only way to obtain the remaster through the Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. And to double down, Insomniac Games recently confirmed that Spider-Man: Remastered will not have a standalone physical release, further locking the upgraded version into the Miles Morales title. However, fans who purchase the standard edition of Spider-Man: Miles Morales will have the option to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition via a $20 paid upgrade which will include Spider-Man: Remastered.

spider-man: miles morales ps5 trailer screenshot
This is just the latest bit of disappointing news that has revolved around Insomniac's Spider-Man games. Earlier this week Insomniac confirmed that the Spider-Man: Remaster will not feature cross-save and that fans who pick up the title will have to start the game all over again. The game will have its own set of trophies, however, so trophy hunters will be able to double-dip on an easy Platinum Trophy.

The remastered version of Spider-Man on the PlayStation 5 will include the same upgrades and features that are coming to the new Spider-Man: Miles Morales game. Spider-Man: Remastered will include upgraded art assets, better facial animations on characters, and will include improved lighting, reflections, and shadows due to added ray tracing. The game will also have an optional Performance Mode that aims for 60fps.

As an added bonus to anyone planning to pick up the Ultimate Edition of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Spider-Man: Remastered includes three new suits for players to choose from while swinging through New York as Peter Parker. Insomniac has not yet confirmed which three suits will be added to the original game, but the studio's craftsmanship of the suits included in the game should have fans excited about the possibilities.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales releases on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on November 12.

Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I swear the more I read about this PS5 and all of the blah blah blah news, the more it makes me want to get Xboxes.
Redbear, post: 38542, member: 1 Wrote:I swear the more I read about this PS5 and all of the blah blah blah news, the more it makes me want to get Xboxes.
I can understand that but I'm sticking with Sony.
Pre-order hiccups & no PS3/PS2/PS1 backwards compatibility it'll take a lot more than that to make me wanna go Microsoft.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I can personally care less, when I read that Spider Man Miles Morale was announced a PS4 version, I actually got kinda hyped, I still feel it's gonna be beautiful despite ps5 version gonna be better of course. Anyway I'm certain PS4 ain't quite over just yet

I read the bad news, the only way to get 2018 Marvel's Spider Man for ps5, u have to spend $69.99, doesn't seem rational if u already own it for PS4, story will remain the same.

PS5 does not have a massive library at the moment, but I feel games will be price tagged $69.99 for it, well maybe..

I own Marvel's Spider Man(2018) for PS4, and I recently put a pre order for the new one, same system version, priced $49.99..

Having both Spider Man games for PS4, I'm okay with that...
[Image: XSevenK.png]
[Image: XSevenK.png]