Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. Vita
Link to be added

Sony announced that the Vita will be discontinued next year.

A damn shame,Ive had one since launch,and absolutely loved it.
Quote:On September 20, 2018, Sony announced at Tokyo Game Show 2018 that the Vita will be discontinued in Japan in 2019, ending its hardware production. Worldwide production of new physical Vita games will cease by the end of Sony's 2018 fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2019.

2019 will mark the end of an era for PlayStation, as Sony has confirmed it will stop production of the PS Vita and for the first time since 2004 will not have a portable console to sit alongside their home system. ‘In Japan, we will manufacture PlayStation Vita until 2019. From there, shipping will end’, Sony Interactive Entertainment senior vice president Hiroyuki Oda told Famitsu magazine, as translated by Gematsu. But he also added that, ‘Currently, we do not have any plans regarding a new handheld device’. That’s not necessarily a surprise but it does seem to quash any last hopes that Sony would attempt to create a new handheld

With the 3DS also appearing to be near the end of its useful life, it is unclear whether the concept of dedicated portable-only consoles will survive the generation. Sony has previously hinted that they might be considering a hybrid device, inspired by the success of the Nintendo Switch, but a dedicated handheld now seems out of the question.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/sony-rule...to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/sony-rule...to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Theyre gonna do something,becuse theyre making a killing on the psn store
Maybe a dualshock compatible tablet?
I read that the Ps Vita will be discontinued on 2019 only in Japan so far...
Shipment will still continue in the US, EU, and I believe Asia for now, although but next year, physical production(PS Vita Cards) is gonna end for US and Europe, which leave Digital Download titles only, japan still has some upcoming physical title for later on..
[Image: XSevenK.png]
When the vita first launched, i was still in Highschool, getting parents to buy was out, $250 plus a memory card and a few games, too expensive back then.
i brought a vita in late 2017, late is hell in fact. I been buying games back to back for vita for a mad months, until now.
I even brought another vita this passed August. Received some titles due to web ordering, Still expecting some in the mail.
I have about 130+ games for vita all Physical on some crazy shit. I still love the vita and all the games i have for it, cuz i'm trying almost everything, plus videos looks good on it..
Sometimes I can't help but feel bad about this, i get the vita all late and it's being treated like garbage...
If it had come out in 2010,would have been a success.
Mobile phones killed it
I think vita could have successful regardless, it's the library of games that was made for the device which sucked to people, I'm into anime so i'm different, the variety of title are dope,
I been web ordering too, love all my purchases so far,ames that didn't even make it in the US, or EU, and some that did made it in EU, japan, Asia

i don't mind, playing some good games containing rhythm, dungeon crawling, RPG, adventure, beat em up, action..
i even try visual novels like danganronpa, zero escape, both involving dealth.
[Image: PSVita-Slim-Games-Featured-670x335.jpg]

TECH NEWS

Sony Is Killing the PlayStation Vita in 2019
[Image: 689df364b9eb8aa93b906be93c885716?s=32&d=mm&r=g]
Dave Parrack 20-09-2018 1 minute
Sony Is Killing the PlayStation Vita in 2019
Advertisement
Sony is set to stop manufacturing the PlayStation Vita at some point in 2019. At least according to Sony Interactive Entertainment Senior Vice President Hiroyuki Oda. What’s more, the company currently has no plans to release a new handheld console.

A Brief History of the PlayStation Vita
The PlayStation Vita, commonly referred to as the PS Vita, was first launched in 2011. It was the follow-up to the PlayStation Portable, or PSP, which brought Sony into the handheld gaming market to compete with Nintendo and its DS model.

PlayStation Vita Slim Review And GiveawayPlayStation Vita Slim Review And GiveawayIs this Vita Slim (also known as the Vita 2000) better than the original?READ MORE
Unfortunately for Sony, unlike the PSP, which sold 80 million units worldwide, the PS Vita failed. To date, Sony has sold just 16 million units. This compares rather unfavorably to the Nintendo 3DS, which has sold 70 million units in the same time period.

Is This the End of the PlayStation Vita?
Now, in an interview with Famitsu (via Gematsu), Hiroyuki Oda has strongly suggested the PS Vita’s days are numbered. Oda said, “In Japan, we will manufacture PlayStation Vita until 2019. From there, shipping will end.” Which sounds definitive.

It isn’t actually clear whether Sony is stopping manufacturing the PS Vita just for the Japanese market or worldwide. However, seeing as the PS Vita has done better in Japan than anywhere else, it’s logical to assume this is the end, period.

What’s more, it seems that this might be the end of Sony’s foray into the handheld console market, with Oda saying, “Currently, we do not have any plans regarding a new handheld device.” While Sony might surprise us all in a few years, it seems unlikely.

What Went Wrong for the PS Vita?
So, what went wrong for the PlayStation Vita? The obvious answer is bad timing. Over the last seven years Sony has not only had to compete with the Nintendo 3DS, but also with the rise of smartphone gaming. Which is now more popular than ever.

While plenty of people still own dedicated handheld consoles, the size of the potential market has shrunk as a result of mobile gaming. And that isn’t going to change anytime soon. Which is probably why Sony’s handheld days are over for good.
Sony has officially end production of vita, March, 1 2019, and no plans for another handheld, sad, I really enjoy the vita, and love the games I play...
Years of lateness...