Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 Update
I am making a used PS3 mine, it has 4 name folders, each with a set of games in them,
so I just finished editing the systems and wi-fi, the PS3 system wants to a software update,
will this be a safe thing to do without erasing all the stuff that's on the hard drive itself ?

Also can I add the games i want to keep from one named folder to a new name folder ( me ) and delete the other folder's with no hassles?
I don't see why they would delete games already installed on the hard-drive when all your doing is updating the software.

But it's probably best to ask a fellow ps3 owner like [USER=24]@VSW[/USER].
No, Ur games sound not get delete once u update the console, these days, when a update it out for ps3, it's usually be a system stability....
[Image: XSevenK.png]
Jason xXx, post: 5776, member: 3 Wrote:I don't see why they would delete games already installed on the hard-drive when all your doing is updating the software.

Because some games thats on there are ones i would never play, is why i wanna take them off..maybe make room for ones i do want later on.
Thank you, i have never owned a ps3 and i just wanna make sure thru peoples that have owned one. so i dont fuck it up.
Redbear, post: 5780, member: 1 Wrote:Thank you, i have never owned a ps3 and i just wanna make sure thru peoples that have owned one. so i dont fuck it up.
No updates don't delete unless it tells you it's going to format the HardDrive first.
However when dealing with anything ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP.

IF you can & the games aren't copyright protected.
1. Back them up to either external HardDrive or USB FlashDrive.

IF the games are copyright protected then you'll need.....
1. A PSN+ membership
2. Back them up to the PSN storage cloud.

IF everything has been updated & is running smoothly ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP.
Buy a cheap USB 500Gigabyte External HardDrive, format it to FAT32 & backup your PS3 system often.
I do every week.

To Back Up your PS3 system got to System settings, select backup & select whichever USB device to back up your PS3 system.
  • Any trophies achieved will remain attached to whatever your account is.
  • Any games that aren't copyright protected will be backed with your entire PS3 system, & can be re-installed if needed.
  • Copyright protected games are backed & can be re-installed only to the same console, they cannot be installed to a different PS3 console by FlashDrive/HardDrive.
    Only from the PSN storage cloud.

PS3 Database Rebuilding. Don't freak out.
It's are annoying but harmless.
PS3 database rebuild canhappen if data has been corrupted.
Do not interrupt a PS3 database rebuild as that'll screw up your PS3 badly.

PS3 database rebuild will.....
  • Either fix or remove most corrupted data if it isn't major.
  • Delete any PSN messages. Protected or not.
  • Disorganise any XMB folders you've created for music, videos, pictures, & place them in one folder for their respecting category.
  • NOT delete any perfectly working content. So all games, game saves, pictures, videos, music, will remain.

The PS3 diagnostic menu.

PS3/PS4/PS4-Pro internet connection speed.
  • Go to network settings.
  • Select method for settings, select custom.
  • Go to DNS
  • Change primary DNS to 208.67.222.222
  • Change secondary DNS to 208.67.220.220

This should improve upload & download connection speed.

May not work in every case, may work on 360 & XBOX-ONE.
It improved my connection speeds, & i applied it to my PSPs.

Restore File System.
For those that don't know, the PS3 has an operating system capable of restoring damage to the hard drive's file system/database - these can get damaged when the PS3 is shut off completely (pulled the plug while playing/power outage), when a game crashes (RDR, Skyrim, GT5, PSHome, etc), or when the system hangs when trying to do something and you soft reset. (stuck in the PS3's web browser, etc).

In addition, if you install and delete many games, applications (Netflix, Hulu, PlayMemories, Qriocity, etc), even videos and music this can also fragment your hard drive, thus slowing down your system.

If you've turned on your PS3 system & get the message to the effect of "you're PS3 was not turned off properly & it has to Restore file system" .
Just select okay & let it do its thing.

IF You get that it wants to Restore File System cause it was not turned off properly, ALWAYS choose OKAY!
I didn't choose OKAY each & my PS3 was screwed up. In other words i gotta replace that PS3's HardDrive.

The amount of content on your PS3 will cause the restoration to vary.

DO NOT interrupt any automatic process that's initiated.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
ok, my PS3 has hiccups,
at random times it goes to the snowstorm screen like a static field, then a black screen, then right back to normal tv screen,
but I have now lost 4-5 seconds of gameplay,
is there a way to correct this issue?
Feels like i had a lil similar problem, last time i remember, while on the home menu, the tv be flashing with the snowstorm shit as if it was fuckin up, i had to change the HDMI cord, and it was resolved, the one I was using at the time was no good anymore..
after a while I ended up doing the search myself, turns out that's exactly what i read also,
that its the HDMI cord or my TV video settings on the PS3,
so I will try the three prong video-sound cord or another HDMI cable that I will buy laters on.