Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urinary Tract Health In Cats: Purina Pro Plan Or IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH
Okay this is for any cat owners.
I noticed my cat having trouble going to the bathroom a few days ago.
Having trouble peeing.

Mom took him to the vet, they said we caught it early.
The problem was the start of a urinary infection which happens more in male cats especially ones that's been spayed or neutered within a year. And can be deadly, like the cat will died if not treated.
The cause is Urine Crystals

"Signs of Urinary Tract Infections in Cats
Straining to urinate
Crying or whining when urinating
Urinating blood
Urinating outside of the litter box
Licking at the opening to the urinary tract
Increased frequency of urinations"

Other Types of Urinary Tract Problems in Cats
UTI's aren't the only type of urinary tract problem in cats. More commonly, cats develop inflammation or stones.

Urine Crystals - Crystals can be problematic because they can develop into troublesome bladder stones. There are several different types of urine crystals.
Bladder Stones - Multiple different types of bladder stones (uroliths) exist and sometimes bacteria contributes to their formation. Small stones can cause a cat to be obstructed and unable to urinate which is why they are life threatening.
Urinary Tract Inflammation - Also referred to as cystitis, inflammation can be dangerous in a cat. The urethra may swell and cause a cat to be unable to urinate which can be fatal.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/urinary-tr...ts-4767538

[size]Its best to contact your veterinarian immediately.[/size]
The entire procedure would cost $800.00 & up.
They also told us to try Purina Pro Plan since we caught it early, so I looked in my local walmart & nothing so I had to get Iams.
The Iams I bought has specifically that purpose labeled on the bag.

Anyone with a cat/dog keep an eye out for those signs & maybe feed them something to their Ph form time to time.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Yes, our Captain had the catheter in for a day after the surgery, now has bladder crystals that can form and is on a strict no salt diet, eats a special c/d formula vet prescription cat food, no salt chicken for dinners and chicken n turkey baby foods for snacks.
It's a seriously heart wrenching sound when your kitty is in pain from this.
Redbear, post: 59452, member: 1 Wrote:Yes, our Captain had the catheter in for a day after the surgery, now has bladder crystals that can form and is on a strict no salt diet, eats a special c/d formula vet prescription cat food, no salt chicken for dinners and chicken n turkey baby foods for snacks.
It's a seriously heart wrenching sound when your kitty is in pain from this.
Luckily we didn't get that far but we're doing the Iams mixed with the regular food. But I'm going to also start selecting a healthy regular food too.

Oh & Petsmart food is ridiculously high priced, like a small bag 3.5lbs for $15.00
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

VSW, post: 59460, member: 24 Wrote:Luckily we didn't get that far but we're doing the Iams mixed with the regular food. But I'm going to also start selecting a healthy regular food too.

Oh & Petsmart food is ridiculously high priced, like a small bag 3.5lbs for $15.00
Ok, ima gonna help you out here...

FUCK PETSMART!!

order your food for your kitty thru chewy or another trusted outlet,
Check the prices of the foods and snacks you order from around the net..might even find it cheaper on amazon or ebay,

we buy captains chicken thru Lucky Vitamin as they are the only ones that carry salt free type ..
Code:
https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1911649-wild-planet-organic-roasted-chicken-breast-no-salt-added-5-oz
Redbear, post: 59464, member: 1 Wrote:Ok, ima gonna help you out here...

FUCK PETSMART!!

order your food for your kitty thru chewy or another trusted outlet,
Check the prices of the foods and snacks you order from around the net..might even find it cheaper on amazon or ebay,

we buy captains chicken thru Lucky Vitamin as they are the only ones that carry salt free type ..
Code:
https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1911649-wild-planet-organic-roasted-chicken-breast-no-salt-added-5-oz
Yea I'll try that & keep an eye out.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Oh The medication they prescribed him is prazosin 2mg
It is smurfin hard to find, but suppose to clear it up in 5 to 7 days.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.