Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYMARE 1998
[Image: rlkkV0V.png]

[Image: 3b8ZR3q.gif]
Resident Evil 2-Inspired Daymare 1998 Gets PS4 and Xbox One Launch Trailer
Daymare 1998, a horror game largely inspired by the classic Resident Evil 2, receives a release date for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Horror games have grown increasingly popular in the past few decades, with titles like Outlast and the Resident Evil 2 remake bringing the genre back into the spotlight. However, people still have an appreciation for the classics, and Daymare 1998 is hoping to help scratch that itch — and it'll be landing on the Xbox One and PS4 pretty soon.

Daymare 1998 first launched on PC last year, and is currently sitting at "mostly positive" reviews on Steam. Fans of the game could be forgiven for thinking that its yet another Resident Evil game, though that isn't a bad thing. The game features zombies, special operations teams, and a lot more, all making it a familiar, though nevertheless terrifying, experience.

Daymare will be making its console debut very soon, with the game releasing on both the Xbox One and PS4 on April 28th, just a few days from now. Daymare 1998 got a console release date trailer early in February, but the new console launch trailer, uploaded by IGN, shows off some of the impressive horror visuals the game has become known for.

Daymare 1998 is directly inspired by Resident Evil 2, even starting life as a remake of RE2. However, Daymare was announced just a month before Capcom announced its own remake of Resident Evil 2, leading Daymare to be turned into its own game. Those that enjoyed the Resident Evil 2 remake will likely find something worth loving here, though it may not be quite as polished as the original game.

Luckily for those that have finished the Resident Evil 3 remake, which hasn't been quite as popular as its predecessor, Daymare should provide yet another way to scratch the horror game itch. Of course, now that Dead by Daylight has gone mobile, it's getting a lot easier to fill the desire for horror games, no matter where someone is.

While it may not go on to be the best horror game of all time, Daymare should still give players something to do while waiting out the pandemic. Solving puzzles and slaying zombies are two staples of video games as a whole, so Daymare is a video game in the purest sense, and that's a good thing.

Daymare 1998 is available now on PC. PS4 and Xbox One versions will release on April 28th, 2020.

[Image: bJp7Pj1.gif][Image: dwWKP0I.png]

[Image: rlkkV0V.png]
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
Gonna laugh about this,
Aint never played Resident Evil before.
Redbear, post: 33505, member: 1 Wrote:Gonna laugh about this,
Aint never played Resident Evil before.
You should try em.
You'd laugh at the originals though, OMG dated lol.
I'd say stop at Resident Evil 4 cause that's when the series was good, the sequals 5 & up just unnecessary in my view lol
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

If it is a first person shooter,
Thats it then,never liked 'em, hated that scenario since the original DOOM days,
Redbear, post: 33539, member: 1 Wrote:If it is a first person shooter,
Thats it then,never liked 'em, hated that scenario since the original DOOM days,
They're primarily third person focusing on item management and puzzle solving with some combat inbetween which can for the most part be avoided if need be unless it's a boss or other wise stated.
Resident evil survive and the two on-rails shooters for the Wii/PS3 being the only actually first person shooters.
RE7 is an exception being that it's first person but not a shooter and relying more on the previous style of gameplay .
I'd recommend starting with the RE remake and if you enjoyed it maybe give the original PS1 games a try or just go straight to RE4.
Should also give Revelations 1&2 a try.
Skip survive, Gaiden, operation racoon city and RE6.As for RE5 i thought it was ok, alot of fun to co-op with a friend but this is where it started being to action oriented.Can't blame them though considering how well RE4 sold which RE5 is an exact copy of from a core gameplay perspective, they just went to far with 5.

Best thing is the numerous platforms you can play the games on.The PS3 can play just about every resident evil game up until RE7 digitally or using a physical PS1 disc. Hell if your PS3 is compatible just use the PS2 discs and if it's not there's CFW and PS2 emulation on PS3.
alright,
ill take a look into what i been missing,
wont be hard to fire up the ole linux and start the ole emulators and romsets I have Big Grin
Redbear, post: 33546, member: 1 Wrote:alright,
ill take a look into what i been missing,
wont be hard to fire up the ole linux and start the ole emulators and romsets I have Big Grin
Like Loops said the majority is 3rdPerson, there are some that are 1st not many though, & Capcom remade a few too.

You should also try Obscure/Obscure Aftermath, they're old PS2 games.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

sure thing,I collect them all now and then play 'em after im done with my FFX/FFX-2 HDRemaster,
the graphics in this are flat out awesome, I can only imagine what FFVII is gonna look like.