Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIX CERTIFICATE ISSUE!?
Yup I'm getting certificate error at every anime site.
[Image: j5VZJ0l.jpg]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

When Ya got the tools, ya got the talent, & the freedom.
The reason one draws stuff like this is because they can.
then its probably the PC's time stamping for certificates.
Redbear, post: 21805, member: 1 Wrote:then its probably the PC's time stamping for certificates.
What's that mean ?
It can't be the PC cause the TV is still suffering the same issue.

Is it possible there's anything on my router causing this ?
An option switched on or off maybe.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

How To Fix Invalid Certificate Error When Connecting To Linksys Wireless Routers

If you use Firefox browser when connecting to your Linksys wireless router[Image: ir?t=homedecorat01-20&l=ur2&o=1] administration interface, more than likely you can't and have seen this warning message:

[Image: linksys-cert-problem1.jpg]

Consider yourself lucky if you do receive the same warning message, because it's an easy fix by:
  • clicking the link at the bottom of the error message, Or you can add an exception…
  • then click on the Add Exception button…
  • [Image: linksys-cert-problem2.jpg]followed by clicking on the Get Certificate button (on the next screen) and clicking the Confirm Security Exception button at the bottom of the page.
The invalid certificate warning will not display the next time you connect to your router.

But for those of you out there (like me) that receives an error message similar to this…

192.168.1.1 uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link" title="Linksys">Linksys</a>
(Error code: sec_error_ca_cert_invalid)

…here's a possible fix to get things working again when connect to your wireless Linksys router.

On my system (and hopefully on yours) the reason why this error message occurs is because the existing Cisco Linksys certificate is corrupted. Here's how to fix that:
  • In Firefox, click on Tools \ Options, select the Advanced tab, then select the Encryption tab.
  • Next, click on View Certificates button.
[Image: linksys-cert-problem3.jpg]
  • Make sure the Authorities tab is selected, and scroll down to you see the Linksys certificate under Cisco-Linksys, LLC.
  • Now highlight and click the delete button.
[Image: linksys-cert-problem5.jpg]
  • Select the Servers tab (next to Authorities tab), and look for the certificate shown in the following screen shot. Highlight and delete it.
[Image: linksys-cert-problem6.jpg]

Now, click OK all the way back to Firefox, and reconnect to your router using https://192.168.1.1

You will see the same Secure Connection Failed warning message shown at beginning of article. Follow the same steps for accepting the exception which will add a new Cisco Linksys certificate.

You will now be able to authenticate successfully and will no longer see any certificate error messages.

Unfortunately I have not been able to resolve the same issue if you use Internet Explorer 7. But fortunately it's a lot easier to bypass the warning by clicking on Continue to this website (not recommended).

By doing so, IE 7 will let you authenticate to your home wireless router easier than Firefox.
=====================================================================================================
Check OpenDNS
Now, OpenDNS could be the culprit, but to be honest, I have a hard time envisioning exactly how that would happen. However, I would certainly see if it works without OpenDNS configured.

Change the DNS [Domain Name System]
DNS is an acronym for Domain Name System, or occasionally Domain Name Service or Server.
DNS is the service that maps human-readable domain names – like “askleo.com” – to the actual numeric IP addresses – such as 67.225.235.59 – which identify the server on which the domain name resides.
(Click on the term for full definition.)
">DNS settings either on your router or a specific machine to use Google’s public DNS, your ISP [Internet Service Provider]
ISP is an acronym for Internet Service Provider. (Not to be confused with IP, which is completely unrelated.) An ISP is the company providing your home or place of business its connection to the internet. They may also provide services such as email, web hosting, or more.
(Click on the term for full definition.)
">ISP, or any other set of DNS providers. (Be sure and flush your browser’s cache after changing DNS as well.) My guess is the problem won’t necessarily go away. In that case, it’s probably not an OpenDNS issue.

It could be malware
I hate to throw that out there, but some form of malware could be interfering with how you visit certain sites. If those sites are affected or use https, then the malware could be trying to steer you wrong. So, as always, make sure you scan with updated anti-virus
If the problem is on the server side…
If you’re seeing this across a family of sites or just one site, then it’s likely that it’s actually a problem on the server’s side.

The last point that I’ll throw out here is that the error message itself usually has a lot of important information that would help diagnose exactly what’s going on. If that’s the case, I’d strongly recommend that you include the entire text of the error that comes up when you have a problem accessing a secure site and there’s some kind of a certificate problem
=====================================================================================================
Installing a Certificate on Google Chrome for ReadyNAS OS 6

Introduction: The web browser is presenting a Certificate error when logging into the management web interface.
This article will display how to add the page as a Trusted site, and clear the certificate warning page.
Version of Chrome used, should not matter.

Objective: To show how to install a Certificate on Google Chrome, for ReadyNAS OS 6.

What is a Cert?
A security certificate is an assurance by an independent third party (e.g. VeriSign or Digi-Sign) of ownership of a website. A website's certificate identifies the web server and it enables the browser to establish a secure connection with the site. Here, when accessing the NAS web interface, you are not surfing the Internet, but you still get the Certificate untrusted message as shown below.

When you see the word 'security', that does not refer to the protection of the data on the NAS. Data access would be kept secure by use of passwords, and setting folder permissions.

Limitations:

1. Ensure that the IP address or NAS Hostname does not change, or the whole process shown below, would need to be repeated.
  2. Certificate errors are related to the browser used, and not be firmware on the NAS.

[B]Export[/B]

1. This is normally what we see when accessing the ReadyNAS dashboard. The customer usually wants to eliminate this certificate error.
    [Image: 1.png]

2. Login to the dashboard and enable HTTPs.
    [Image: 2.png]

3. When you click on it, make sure the SSL Key Host is the IP address of the ReadyNAS itself.
    [Image: 3.png]

4. Click on the X beside https on the link.
    [Image: 4.png]

[Image: 5.png]

5. Click on 'Certificate Information'.
  6. Click on 'details', and you will see the option 'Copy to File'.
    [Image: 6.png]

7. The Export Wizard will open as shown.
    [Image: 7.png]

8. Pick DER and 'Next'.
    [Image: 8.png]

9. Make up a file name. Click 'Browse' to pick the directory you save the cert file to. Eg C: drive or Desktop.
    [Image: 9.png]

[Image: 10.png]

[Image: 11.png]

10. Click 'Browse' and 'Next'.
    [Image: 12.png]

11. Click 'Finish' and 'OK'.
    [Image: 13.png]
[B]Import[/B]
  1. Now to import the Certificate.
    [Image: 14.png]

2. On the Tools menu, click 'Settings'.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, click on 'Show Advance Settings' and you will see the HTTPS/SSL option.
    [Image: 15.png]

4. Click on 'Manage certificates'.
  5. Click on 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities.'
    [Image: 16.png]

6. Click on 'Import' and the Wizard will open as shown.
    [Image: 17.png]

7. Click 'Next'.
    [Image: 18.png]

8. Click Browse. Select the *.cer cert file saved earlier, and 'Next'.
    [Image: 19.png]

9. Click on 'Next'.
    [Image: 20.png]

[Image: 21.png]

[Image: 22.png]

[Image: 23.png]

[Image: 24.png]

10. Once complete, close and then re-open the Chrome Browser . You should not have any further Certificate warnings. Note the green padlock symbol on address bar.
Thank you.
You have anything for Belkin?
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Resolving issues encountered while accessing the Belkin router's web-based setup

Belkin routers have built-in web-based setup utilities that will let you customize settings and set up advanced properties. This feature may be used to easily check, configure, and modify settings on the router.

When do I access the web-based setup page?

While you have the option to use the software that came with your router, accessing the web-based setup page is necessary if you encounter the following issues while installing or configuring the device:
  • Setup software is not working
  • Advance configuration is required for certain applications
  • Verification of local and wireless settings
Road Blocks and Solutions

Accessing the router's web-based setup page may be hindered by certain factors. When this happens, check and correct the following to resolve the issues and successfully login to your router's web-based setup page.

1. Improper cable connection
2. The router is not giving a valid IP Address
3. Incorrect router IP Address entered in the Address bar
4. IP Address conflict
5. Incorrect Password used to log in
6. Browser issue

Improper cable connection

Make sure that the Ethernet cable (RJ45) connecting your Belkin router and computer is not busted. If you are still unable to access the router's web-based setup page, try using another Ethernet cable.

[Image: SF8264-001_EN_v1.png]

NOTE: If you are trying to access the router setup wirelessly, make sure that you are connected to the network of the router.

The router is not giving a valid IP Address

Your computer must have a valid IP Address from the router for it to be able to communicate and access the web-based setup page. The IP Address of the computer should be in range with the router's IP segment.

NOTE: It is best to set your computer to obtain an IP Address from the router automatically. However, if your computer has a static IP Address, write down the settings first before you switch the configuration to obtain an IP Address automatically.

Incorrect router IP Address entered in the Address bar

Checking the IP Address of your router before attempting to log in to the router's setup page is important to ensure that you are entering the correct IP Address in the Address bar. Default settings may not work especially if you have personalized the settings of your router. To know how to check the IP Address of your Belkin router, click here.

IP Address conflict

An IP Address conflict occurs when two (2) or more devices use the same IP Address in the network. In most cases, this happens when the modem provided by your ISP has the same IP Address as your Belkin router. If your modem and router use the same IP Address, you will have difficulty accessing either of their web-based setup page. To resolve this issue, you may power OFF the modem or unplug the Ethernet cable of the modem from the router, leaving only the connection between your computer and the router.

[Image: SF8264-001_EN_v1.png]

NOTE: When you're done making changes on the web-based setup page of the router, connect the cable coming from the modem to where you unplugged it from the router earlier.

Incorrect Password used to log in

Belkin routers do not have default passwords. If you want to log in to the router's web-based setup page, enter the IP Address of the router in the Address bar of your browser. Click Login and then Submit.

NOTE: If you have customized a password, you need to use that before clicking on Submit.

[Image: SF8264-002_EN_v1.png]

Browser issue

If you are unable to access the router's web-based setup page using your favorite web browser, you may also try other browsers to isolate the issue. Clearing the cache and browsing history is also recommended. For browsers that block pop-ups, try allowing pop-ups for the mean time. Below are the commonly used browsers and the steps to clear browsing history and cache.

NOTE: Actual images may vary depending on your browser's version.

Firefox®

Step 1:
Click on the menu [Image: SF8264-003_EN_v5.png] icon.

Step 2:
Select [B]History.
[/B]

[Image: SF8264-004_EN_v5.png]

Step 3:
Select the [B]Clear Recent History...
option.[/B]

[Image: SF8264-005_EN_v5.png]

Step 4:
Select the items you want to clear then hit [B]Clear Now
.[/B]

[Image: SF8264-006_EN_v5.png]

Chrome™

Step 1:
Click
the [Image: SF8264-008_EN_v5.png] icon then go to [B]History.

Step 2:
Click on Clear browsing data.[/B]

Step 3:
Select the items you want to clear then click on the [B]Clear browsing data
button.[/B]

[Image: SF8264-007_EN_v5.png]

Other things that you can do:
  • Resetting the router
If you still cannot access the router's web-based setup page, you may reset the device. The router can be set back to its factory default settings manually by pressing and holding its Reset button for 10 seconds. If you need instructions on how to properly reset the router, click here.

NOTE: Resetting the router to factory defaults will delete its current settings. To avoid reconfiguring the router after resetting, you may back up the router's configuration settings. For instructions, click here.
  • Upgrading the router's firmware
If you are unable to access the router's web-based setup page, or you are experiencing intermittent connectivity to your router, check if the router has the latest firmware installed. If not, upgrade the router's firmware, then powercycle the router. To learn how to upgrade the router's firmware, click here.
  • Checking the router's LEDs
Ensure that the Internet LED, wireless LED and the numbered light corresponding to the Ethernet port where the computer is connected are lit.
Redbear, post: 22048, member: 1 Wrote:said
Thank You very much.
I'm sorry I keep asking for help like this, if I was more computer savvy I wouldn't bug you all lol.
But thank you thank you, I'm very grateful of your help.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

I dont mind helping, its like I said a little earlier,
were a tight knit little family of sorts here
and we should all try to help each other out when we can.
Redbear, post: 22101, member: 1 Wrote:I dont mind helping, its like I said a little earlier,
were a tight knit little family of sorts here
and we should all try to help each other out when we can.
Agreed.
I wish more forums understood that.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

Okay!
Here I go again lol.
I think I THINK I fixed it again.
I changed the DNS settings.

Here's what I did.

1. 1.Open Control Panel and select Network and Sharing Centre. Alternatively you can right-click the network status icon on the system tray (bottom-right of the screen, near volume controls).
  2. Click Change adapter settings on the left pane.
  3. Right-click the Internet connection you want to change DNS servers for and select Properties.
  4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and click Properties.
  5. Click the button next to Use the following DNS server addresses: and enter the DNS server addresses of your choice. Click OK when you’re done.
[Image: wBZGfAE.png]

I tried everyone's suggestions & unfortunately they didn't work or I couldn't do it, & more & more sites were getting blocked with certificate errors.
No wonder my PS3, 360, & PSP could link to those same sites as I changed the DNS settings on them to increase download/upload speed.
So hopefully HOPEFULLY the problem is resolved.
HOPEFULLY....

[Image: align%5D]
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.

That is just so weird, maybe another router/modem might work better?
Redbear, post: 22645, member: 1 Wrote:That is just so weird, maybe another router/modem might work better?
Maybe but i remember having this type of issue before a long time ago on my PS3 with accessing some websites.
I called my IP provider & first thing she did was directed me to the DNS settings on my PS3, gave me primary & secondary numbers & poof it was fixed.

After I kept searching for solution & asking around, DNS settings was one of the solutions that kept popping up.
The suggestions you gave I tried.
Resetting the router
Upgrading the router's firmware
Checking the router's LEDs
Clearing the browser history
Trying different browsers
Setting the time & date

I even removed & replaced the Ethernet wire.
Nothing.

It couldn't be the router/modem when the PS3, PSP, 360, could jump on those sites like nothing.
I mean they all just popped up like no problem on each of those systems.

I tried changing the DNS settings on the router itself & i couldn't at all. It wouldn't let me.
I think because I have my router connected to a Comcast gateway so i probably have to change it through that instead so i didn't bother.

It was yesterday i thought about changing the DNS setting on the laptop like i did on my PS3, PSP, 360, & see if it would help.
And yup.
The suggestions i saw online kept saying switch to an opendns & remembering what my isp provider suggested i figured may as well try & so-far so good.

I'm for sure keeping all the suggestions in hand, they can possibly help others in the same or similar situations.
Screw realism.
Screw being practical.
Screw representation.
Screw Woke/PC BS.